Races and other stuff

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Raziell777, Jun 30, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Riddle master

Riddle master New Member

I like those new races. Except god as a character.

2. Raziell777

Raziell777 New Member

Yep ,you got the point! There should(MUST)be some difference between races.Halflings and gnoumes are all alike; and hunams, half-elfs and half-orcs are all the same by look.

3. xento

xento New Member

From the Arcanum manual (maybe not word for word..):

The game completely trashes that with gnomes looking fat just like halflings.

Also, maybe the game should have more character change.... Like you can pick your character's skin, hair, and starting color, maybe. Well, for sure, when you put something specific on, it should show it on the game. Like when you put on a helmet, it doesnt show it, while all the main clothes show specifically for what they are. If you put on a helmet, it should show it, and looking like the helmet you put on (the helmet shown on your head looks like the helmet's picture in your inventory). This is an example. It should be the same with necklaces, rings (little colored dots on the fingers), and all clothes (including boots and gloves/gauntlets).

4. Raziell777

Raziell777 New Member

You're right! I played other RPG games(let's take diablo2 as an example)and there you can see what the character is wearing! In Arcanum you can only see what type of armour the character wears.
    I like that idea about choosing hair and skin colour.It makes the game more "closer" to the player.

And now something about sleeping and night resting.
    To be honest,have you ever payed 50-150$ just to sleep in some kind of inn? I think that lots of players usually don't pay or even don't sleep except when they are adjusting time. This should be corrected. For example: If you don't sleep (max 4-5 hours a day) then your stats are reduced. Imagine this: you came late back from the Kree tribe to Tarant and you don't sleep( I mean in bed).After a few hours are passed,you're noticing that your character is moving a little strange( He's tired!).Your DEX in falling for 2-3 pionts as wess as your ST ,CON and WP. To make it right you decided to rent a room for tonight and have a good-night sleep.After that your stats are back in normal.

5. xento

xento New Member

That would work, except that would squeeze more money out of you (which really isnt needed or wanted) and also, what if you are traveling on the worldmap? It could auto-sleep for you, but it would slow down journeys alot. Same with food.... it is mainly useless and would be annoying to be FORCED to have it. It may work if it is done right, though.

6. Josh

Josh New Member

i think the only thing you guys lefts out was height and wieght.....hehehe, make a big-fat ass Elf...hehehe

7. xento

xento New Member

Great idea! And hair style too.

8. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Yes.... one thing you need to do is change the hair-style and colour. Currently, you always seem to have short black hair!

9. xento

xento New Member

Hair styles currently in Arcanum:

Human & Half Orc male - curly brown hair

Female - long black hair

Elf male - long black hair

Halfling & Gnome - short curly brown hair

Dwarf - black braids

10. Josh

Josh New Member

mabey it could be like Dungeon siege, with a bunch of pre-set hair sytles you can pick from, would be nice to see more detail on the charactes, if I have a half orc, I wanna see his orcish pointy teeth in his mouth, not have him look just like a human and half elf,the ability to zoom in and get a good amount of detail would be really cool

11. xento

xento New Member

12. bobtheguy

bobtheguy New Member

Your backround should change like with traumatizing events and stuff.

13. bobtheguy

bobtheguy New Member

Your backround should change like with traumatizing events and stuff.

14. xento

xento New Member

Could you say that again? I didnt understand it the first time.

15. Josh

Josh New Member

16. xento

xento New Member

Um... can we get a translator over here? :lol:

Our Host!