Question about something I saw in the endgame movie thingie

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by dsatt12, Aug 29, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. dsatt12

dsatt12 New Member

I just beat arcanum for the first time the other day. After I, ahem, did the thing I had to did to beat the game, I saw something I don't remember doing.

It said that I helped someone- and of course I wasn't paying attention to the name darn it- find a secret alchemical ingredient to turn lead into gold. He then became stinking rich.

I don't recall finding any alchemical ingredients for anyone, nor did I see it mentioned in any walkthroughs I doublechecked in. I'm playing the second time through as a half ogre with INT of 4, so I'm am missing a whole bunch of quests there, but it hasn't come up. I would think that if it was later in the game I'd recall it.

Can anyone fill me in as to what the heck I'm forgetting?

On a side note, the dialog for my new imbecile are just hilarious. Not to mention giving him the Sword of Baltar and 24 strength w/ melee mastery and critters just practically explode. Too bad he's too stupid to make a pyro axe...

2. Wynn

Wynn New Member

That's the result of doing Jongle Dunne's second quest. His shop is near the Shrouded Hills bank. If you remember, after helping him destroy the steam engine in Shrouded Hills, he asked you to pick up some secret ingredient from a guy in Dernholm.

3. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Re: Question about something I saw in the endgame movie thin

Are you sure? He can't make a FEATHEWEIGHT axe- but they can be found or bought. After which you can (perhaps with the help of a Potion of Intellect) make the Pyro axe.

The thing is, Pyro axe's main damage is fire, therefore it will not increase from your high ST, only the normal damage dealt by the axe will. Yet the Pyro axe's speed is quite slow. An overpowered half-ogre will do best with a fast sword dealing normal damage- a Barbarian Heavy Blade, or with the Iron Clan Hammer.

Our Host!