Protest to Proposial by Tarant Paralement!!!

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by gustavef, May 9, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Oyarsa

Oyarsa New Member

My dear Mr. Demry,
    In you recent exchange with good-elf, Daenyn Taelis, you state that "technology improves everything it becomes associated with". While this may be generally accepted, especially within the confines of Tarant, and while this may, in fact, be the case in a broad variety of life's venues I assure you, as a total statement of fact it is far from accurate. This seed sown yields less than hoped, as it were.

On my own estates as well as those throughout Caladon, machines are banned, voluntarily, from the fields. During the recent Royal Exhibition in Arland a dwarven invention was 'put through its paces' before the crowds. Its inventor and his financial backers spoke promises of efficiency in time and labour required. What we saw was a behemoth which hard-packed the soil, spewed oils into the seedrows, and blackened the air. Now I do not expect the average dwarf to know the first thing about agriculture. And I must say the crowds, myself included, were appreciatve of this effort. But I put to you, should we take to poisoning our foodstuffs even after we, or at least you in Tarant, have allowed the poising and darkening of your air and rivers?

You, good sir and your peers, enjoy the fine tobaccoes raised and cured by the shires of Southern Caladon. You have sampled, and keep in your private stocks,wines and brandies from my own estates. Much of Tarant's produce comes from our fields or those surrounding Ashbury (whose agricultural practices are similar). Would you or your peers countenance a decrease in the quality of these fine goods? Perhaps lower yields with the resulting shortage of supply in the face of growing demands would be welcomed? I believe you shake your head at such suggestions. As do I.

Perhaps technology will someday grow to fruit-bearing in this field. That season is far off. And even were it to come, my scepticism would be great.

May your fields be white at harvest.

Sincerely,
    Oyarsa Buckland
    Buckland Orchards & Vineyards, prop.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Oyarsa on 2001-08-03 05:54 ]</font>

2. Dannyboy

Dannyboy New Member

The dwarf Aristan Risharik recently heard the goings on about magic and technology.

"Well you give an elf a chance, even a remote one, and he'll start on that Magic is better then Technology. Which we all know is whining about how his toys aren't the best and the brightest anymore. For how many centuries was it that Elves and thier bony ilk could waltz into town and immediately be the most powerful man there? How races, such as my own, had to grit and bear it, relying on only our skills of expert smithing to get by. No longer - with the widespread Technology that goes about, Magic is slowly becoming a thing of the past. We will never have to sit in awe of the abilities of the so-called "Fair folk" again - and they can't stand it. We have found something better then magic, and we are in a peaceful revolution of our own against the old ways. Men must die for change, so that thier children may have a better life. Magic has had it's time in the sun - and when it passes away like dust in the wind, the sound of engines and mining bits making life better for the people shall be heard throughout the world. But I wouldn't expect an /Elf/ to understand that."

3. bilbo_baggins

bilbo_baggins New Member

I say that a prson no matter what race, has a right to a good vage and a comfortable job and life, and if a good vage is not given, the workers must be able to organize a strike within union rules.

In the matter of technology and magic i'm sure that by finding the right way to utilise both in a good way we will find peace,and i've allready come up with a few ideas how, as you know the skies and rivers are poluted and technology can't realy help with this problem then maybe magic can.Some of my friends who study the magical arts have seen some tomes of magic wich deal with this type of problem we have now.The logical choise would be that our most esteemed friends of the arcane arts would look at theese tomes and se if they can help us at the matter.
    As i can't safely read them and my friends
    are not realy talented all we got was that mages maybe can cleance the water and air with their spels,now a logical choise is thet the mages who can do this should be summoned here and for a large reward do the clensing and then we can get the best inventers to make a devise wich filters away the pollution that it iss harmless or at least not as damaging

sincerely yours
    Sir James of Stillwater

Our Host!