Plague world-RP

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Arthgon, Jun 9, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Whiiiiiirrrrrr....click. Clock set.....500 years elapsed. Begin defrost sequence. Heart-rate.....normal. Body temperature...normal. Full revivification complete. Begin command playback.

Congratulations, Captain Sterling*. If you're listening to this, you have survived cryogenic freezing. You and your Rip Van Team are now active. Whether we beat the creepers or lost to them, I don't know, everyone here at command is confident you'll deal the situation admirably either way.

Of course, this recording is years out of date by the time your're listening to it, and one of way or another all of us back here are dead. But we'll keep sending updates as long as we can, so you'll have as complete a record of what's happend as we can arrange.

Pay attention to this, Captain. The creepers have landed, and already the've shown us a lot of new stuff. Between the diseases, nanotoxins, and bizarre weaponery, there are a lot of things out there that can kill you. I've listed the most importat ones...

....whirrrr. Click. Memory error. Recording ends. Breach in bunker detected.

That's the first thing that she hearded when Saya woke up from her cryogenic sleep in the bunker. What the playback had told her haunted her mind, and a pang of sorrow filled her heart.

"Five hundered years....invaded...my family and friends all gone." said Saya as she slowly rose to combat vertigo. For her feeling it was only yesterday, when she was abducted during one of the many drills in the military camp.

While she began to dress (she wore only her undergarment) Saya saw that she was in a self-suffient, sealed chamber with cold-sleep modules with people she did not knew.

Then a thought across her mind. "Perhaps it's possible that some part of my family and friend's children are still alive. Yes, I should look for them, while fighting those creeps with these people. "

By her module stood a footlocker. In there she found her gear and equipment. After that she saw that someone else has awaken.

*Captain Sterling is a NPC.

2. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

…but then again, perhaps "awaken" was not the most accurate term do describe it. One thing was sure, though. Saya did see another of the cold-sleep modules opening. She approached the module's status monitor, curious who is she going to meet in a second.

Let's see… "Status: Renna Walsh"?

Whiiiiiirrrrrr....click. Clock set.....500 years elapsed. Begin defrost sequence. Heart-rate..... irregular. Body temperature... raised and increasing. Danger: Revivification error. Anomaly detected. High pressure warning, high pressure warning, high pressure war-

SPLODE!!!

The wet sound of a massive explosion of gut and gore filled the chamber. The floor instantly turned into a small pool of body fluids, all of the cold-sleep modules became more or less exquisitely decorated with ripped organs and torn tissues, several bones were firmly impaled into the wall and that gelatinous thing dripping from the ceiling definitely looked like a brain. Not a single sane person who would see the chamber would believe that all of that biomass came from a single woman, and a tiny one at that.

The cold-sleep modules were said to work efficiently in 99.9% cases. Naturally, the 0.1% case is the one which happens the most often.

The blast easily knocked Saya Bido down on the floor. For at least a half of a minute she lied there motionlessly - her face and fresh new uniform now all covered in blood, flesh and a single green eye - with a most unintelligent look on her face, visibly shocked and trying to figure out what the hell just happened.

And what did? Well, practically speaking, the number of Rip Van Team's medics just decreased by a value of one.

3. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

She lay a while, shocked and smeared with blood on the floor, when Captain Sterling rose from his mod, walked to Saya, and picked her up.

“Snap out of it! Look at me! Just look at me! My name is Captain Sterling! Calm down! We need you to focuses on the mission!” Captain Sterling yelled, as he shook her wildly, to calm her down from the shock. Then she began to sob. “Shhh, everything's alright.” Captain Sterling said to comfort her.

After Saya calmed down, she took a hot shower to clean her up, while Captain Sterling woke the others. She turned the shower off, dried her off, and put other clothes on. “That’s better. Now, let see if those other people are awake and ready.” and took her gear with her.

As Saya came back in the self-suffient, sealed chamber with cold-sleep modules, she noticed that everything cleaned up. As she walked to the others (who stood in line), she could not help to shiver, when she saw the smeared module of the poor Renna Walsh.

“Alright! Listen up people! We are about to explore the world outside, an unknown and dangerous world in the year 2510! So, watch your back, and keep your eyes and ears open, because those blasted creepers and other dangers are nigh. “

“Also, I have to inform you’ll that this bunker has shielded us from the lingering effects of the retroviruses and mutagenic viruses. According to the records these materials mutated Earth’s creatures into monstrosities, created widespread panic and chaos. This attack on the DNA of the Earth could not be overcome with bombs or poisons, and as a result only a few nuclear weapons are ever launched against the spanthi. Riots broke out worldwide. Cities burned. Governments collapsed. The spanthi proclaim victory. Its seems that their victory were short-lived, because these creeps fell victim to mass mutations as well. "

"Now our mission is to restore order, give aid to the remaining legitimate government, and fight any remaining spanthi. You got that people! Okay, we gonna eat first in the Kitchen and mess hall. Then I need a volunteer to take command over the radio in the communications center. A volunteer to look over the power center, and we need someone in the medical bay. The others shall go with me.“

Our Host!