Overwhelming Madam Lil's girls

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Idiotfool, Oct 4, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Idiotfool

Idiotfool New Member

So, despite being a half-ogre, the girls at Lil's always overwhelm my character and take nary a hit to their fatigue.

Is it possible to wear them out, instead?

2. Post-Internet Syndrome

Post-Internet Syndrome New Member

3. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Hey, they're professionals. Plus there are only four of them. Yes, four prostitutes in the biggest city in Arcanum. A city full of perverted nobles, having the sickest ideas. After what they've most propably been through, your half-ogre's tiny dragon hardly keeps them awake.

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Someone more competent in WorldEd than I am could probably check what spell effect they're using when the screen goes black.

I almost want to start half-orc female with maxed Con and the rest of her points dumped in fatigue just to break the game.

I have a vague recollection of character's not passing out after the bedroom golfing though.

5. Idiotfool

Idiotfool New Member

As do I. I think I was cheating heavily at the time, though.

6. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Come to think of it, so do I. However I have no idea how could that happen. I just gave it a quick go with Virgil's debug menu to create a character with 20 points in strenght, constitution, dexterity and willpower. Despite the stats, he passes out. Even with Belle.

7. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

It's been so long since I rode that sheep... Arcanum calls to me again...

8. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

I almost never faint :/

I usually only play warrior-like characters, though. It probably has something to do with CON, then.

9. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Even more with CON than having 20 points in it, eh?

Nonetheless, I quickly tried the said 20 in STR, CON, DEX & WP character with an additional mastery in melee and dodge. Still falls unconscious.

After the intercourse the Living One's fatigue seems to always be at -5 when I check it. A possible explaination is that if his heal rate equals 6, he may sometimes menage to regenerate 6 fatigue points after the monitor fades black and before it returns to normal, leaving him at fatigue=1, thus conscious.

10. kcwong

kcwong New Member

What if you add the Gods Quest's final reward? Maybe the formula only takes your natural FT into account but forget about the Gods Quest.

11. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Gods Quest, eh? You can imagine that took quite some more testing (since Virgil's debug menu doesn't have any "Give me the final blessing" option), but I decided to give it a go. And I must say, the results are interesting. You hit the jackpot, kcwong.

For my character with Velorien's blessing, fatigue decreases from 264 (max) to 56. Even if his fatigue is quite low, he still appears to be conscious after, just having less fatigue points than the said 56.

The spell must be pretty similar to the one cast by :cough: the Mysterious Apparition :cough: on you and your followers, since the end result of -5 fatigue is the same, just the sound/graphical effects are different.

Conclusion #1: In Arcanum, only gods and prostitutes can have sex without fainting, although prostitutes cope with it much better.

Conclusion #2: When the Mysterious Apparition encounters you the first time, he rapes you and all your followers. With flamy tentacles.

12. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

I did this. You still end up on the floor, but you don't 'pass out', so to speak, you can get up at once.

Quite the anti-climax.

13. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Same as Yuki, I never run out of fatigue with these lasses however you do always end up on the floor, able to stand right up again.

14. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I seem to recall a scripted command for the PC to suffer X amount of fatigue damage, then become prone.

15. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

From what I recall, I would always suffer 50 fatigue, mind you I have only visited the girls once... maybe twice... Alright you got me I am a regular!

16. kcwong

kcwong New Member

Yay! *runs around the forum, arms flailing*

But you still end up lying on the ground, right?

Conclusion #3: Sex in Arcanum may start in the bed, but always end up on the ground.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The script checks if your fatigue is at maximum. If it is, then it damages it for [your current fatigue + 5], if it isn't, it takes [your current fatigue + 10]. It doesn't bypass resistances (intentional?), however, so the results may vary. Then it has you become prone.

18. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Indeed. Does that make any difference, though?

They're all wild animals. Come to think of it, we don't see those prostitutes starting anything in bed either. "Screw the bed, honey, here at Madam Lil's we've got some extremely comfortable floors".

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought there was no such thing as a resistance to fatigue damage in Arcanum?

19. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Mostly due to the intense nerd factor but also the practicality of it, I'm so going to have a big room with tatami mats when I get rich.

I could practice my ukemi and, when tired, take a nap right on the floor.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Normal damage resistance counters fatigue damage as well. However, only 70% of your DR is used to resist fatigue damage. For example, if you have 90% DR, your effective resistance to fatigue damage will be 63%.

Our Host!