Organics as a new techie class

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by arronax21, Oct 20, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Pik

Pik New Member

Of course. And an additional drawback would be your reaction to magic. Even a weakest spell could make a real borged borg just
    a)blow up
    b)die due to life support system failure
    c)encounter severe problems of other kind
    But being a borg would be cool anyway. Arcanum-Cyberpunk :) .

2. Baal

Baal New Member

I think it would be more like having a magic allergy, that you couldn’t even touch a magic item. But you could still take a spell hit.

3. Pik

Pik New Member

If a borg had no spell based handicap he might be too strong with all the subdermal armor plating, enchanced senses, boosted stats, hidden weapons and stuff if he had no serious weakness to magick. I've mostly played a dwarf techie, and believe me - it's possible to get through the game without touching a non-quest magical item. Playing without being hit by Any spells though... Of course making them kill a char right away might be too much, but they should do VERY considerable amount of bonus damage.

4. Baal

Baal New Member

Maybe if spells do additional “fatigue damage” (causing your components to malfunction) baced on the power of the spell.

5. Pik

Pik New Member

Perhaps... Or if the implantations sometimes "go bad" if you get hit by a spell (They lose their bonus and give some kind of handicap) temporarily or until repaired.

6. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Well I figure I might as well take a stab at this:

Organics

1 - Surgical Instruments (Lockpicks + Sheet Metal)
    No organic student should be without his own set of certified Surgical Instruments made by combining a set of lockpicks and some sheet metal. With these, even the clumsiest ogre will have an easier time separating a corpse into its respective components. (USE on corpse to separate body into components: head, hands, feet and tissue)

2 - The Gouger (Metal Spike + Metal Scraps)
    Need to get the eyes off that head? Now you can make your very own Gouger out of a metal spike and some metal scraps and those pretty blue ones will be in the palm of your hand quicker than you can say "celular regenration". Plus, you can use this little beauty on a head while it's still attached to a living being and with some skill, you'll pop those eyes right out of there. (USE on head to separate into eyes, skull, tissue and jaw, USE on living being and there's a chance they will be permanantly blinded (plus damage/scarring).

3 - Regenerative Fluid (Electrolyte + Big Chief Snake Oil) - Temporarily increases HP recovery.

4 - Hormones (Tissue + Pete's Carbolic Acid)
    Use to increase Beauty with opposite Sex as well as reaction (+20)

5 - Fleshy Cloak (Tissue + small wire)
    Use to make disgusting, but surprisingly tough vestment. Will freak most people out (-10 reaction) and atract wild animals.

6 - Extra Eyes (Eyes + Small Electrical Coil)
    Wanted Eyes in the back of your head -Perception +4, Beauty -4, reaction - 20. Worn on head.

7 - Replacement Organs (Body Part + Regenerative Fluid)
    Use to cure blindness (eyes), scarring (tissue), crippling (hand or feet).

as far as LEarned Schematics go there are a few ideas:

- Lethal Injection (Strong Poison + Hormones). One Hit kills.

- Crawling Claw (Hand + Clock Parts), like the AD&D CC. Acts as follower.

- Killer Jaws (Jaw + Bear Trap), jumping chomping Jaw that will attack and hold ememy down. Weak HP.

- Muscle Tissue (Tissue + Muscle Builder), just a component.

- Fleshy Decoy (Muscle Tissue + Fleshy Cloak). USE as an organic decoy to attract enemies. DOes not attack, but can be healed. WEIGHS A LOT AND TAKES UP SPACE.

- Frankenstein's Monster (Regenereative Jacket + Fleshy Decoy)

7. Pik

Pik New Member

Also:
    -It might be fun to mutate things to permanently alter their stats (like making fallout-like super mutants)
    -You could use an automaton, tissue (skin) and eyes to make a Terminator! (guess, what'd it be? :) )
    -Bioweapons? (No, I did NOT play Half-Life much)
    -Making wings for yourself might be fun.
    -How 'bout buying yourself someplace, where you could do organics experiments? I know, that this idea was posted, but you could actually WORK there (just employ a secretary and whenever you come new patients will flock!).
    -Installing additional limbs like tentacles (low strenght and dexterity but high range), insect legs (lets you walk on walls), pincers (high strenght, great bonus damage, only unarmed fighting)
    -additional glands (i.e. adrenal for a berseker)
    -interracial transplantation? Like a (sickly) human bookworm (this or sickly) brain in a body of a full blood ogre.
    -adding some muscle tissue...

Good ideas btw.
    Why do people write here so seldom?

Our Host!