On the topic of Spam and Spam

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Demosthenes, Aug 9, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Have you tried spam?

1. Yes, yes I have.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Never. In fact, the thought of it makes my blood boil.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. You're a fool for making this poll Demosthenes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I didn't like any of the other options so I picked this one.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ferret

Ferret New Member

I'm talking about base calorific values and the ability of the body to extract nutrients from them. Easily quantifiable with a selection of diets, a lot of excement and a bomb calorimeter. These studies have been going on for years and I doubt that all of them, as well as basic human physiology are wrong.

Or maybe the knowledge I picked up during my human physiology units in my degree was wrong. Yes, that must be it. It's being taught wrongly all over the world. :)

You realise don't you, that you will be extracting a fair amount of your energy from the dairy products? Cut those out and you'll be hopelessly malnourished within a couple of months.

There is a survey out there, although I can't remember it's name or when it was (all I know is that there was one run in America and Europe) that shows that somewhere around 2/3 of all vegetarians suffer from major malnutrition, 3/4 of all vegetarians still eat meat or dairy products in order to stay even remotely healthy and that just over 1/3 of all vegetarians revert to eating meat again because they get too ill.

Like I said, it's something like that, but don't take my figures too litterally. It gives a rough impression of the scale of things though. It's also a well established fact that the immunity levels of most vegetarians are well below that of the average varied diet person.

Obviously so stricken by poverty that you can afford a computer and internet connection. I keep animals myself and live near loads of farms, of which I have worked during my life too. Keeping a lactating livestock animal isn't actually very costly at all. I'm sure Jarinor can elaborate, but basically it boils down to you're all talk and no action. If you really wanted to have your own 'happy' little animal then it would be fairy easy to do so. You obviously don't really care that much about your convictions to do much more than talk and not eat meat (which most meat producers don't actually care about really, because there is always another buyer and they're still making humungous profits). You'd rather buy it and have your net connection, simple as that.

You mean you like to play footsies? :lol:

2. Milo

Milo New Member

Sorry to interrupt. This is a pretty interesting discussion, but I have to ask - What is leg wrestling?

Also, since I live on cigarettes and alcohol, I'm pretty sure that I'm not harming any animals except for the 473 million children who die every hour as a direct result of my second hand smoke.

3. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

ferret where did you get your degree/s?

you know i think its kind of funny that you said this, marijuana would yield 8 times the paper per hectaire, acre, square mile, whatever, compared to trees, but this is actually one of the reasons its use in any product was made illegal in the early 20th century... (or at some point, i just know details, but not the precise facts... if that makes sense)

its kind of an interesting story, involving william randolph hurst, the newspaper publisher famous for promoting that whole yellow journalism of the early 1900's and indirectly starting the spanish american war... and also for his cracked out trillion dollar castle in northern california

so yeah, another example of capitalism thwarting progress, and environmentalism

basiacally what happened was that this guy emerged as the carnegie of the newspaper industry, in that he owned all the newspapers, and all of the rescources needed to produce these newspapers in north america. this involved LUMBER yards supplying PAPER mills. At some point in this guys schedule between this wonderful fellow counting his money, partying with movie stars, ruling the world and paying his workers pennies, and laying off cripples with no compensation, he got wind that marijuana leaves produce more paper than trees would over the same amount of time. lucky for him marijuana is a narcotic and it was easy for him to use his funds to help push a bill through congress that would make use of this substance illegal in any form in the united states

4. Ferret

Ferret New Member

I got my degree at Southampton University, at that time rated 4th best for Biology in Britain. It's dropped down to 7th or 8th now though, although it's standards haven't changed; other Universities have just got better. It even beat Cambridge. :)

5. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Yes, dairy farmers all over the world have modelled their farms on Hitler's concentration camps.

So learn how to camp on a permanent basis, and move into the bush. I'm sure Mother Nature will thank you, and the government never find you.

Oh, so you can't be prejudiced these days against righteous fuckwits? You should probably consider an attitude change, because your first impression is not a good idea of what you really are.

But you don't WIN do you? As for leg wrestling, who cares? They probably let you win, just to watch you spread your legs. In a non-sexual way, of course, since actual sex would probably break you in half.

6. Calis

Calis Member

You credit hog, at least half of those die as a result of *MY* second hand smoke!

7. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

you know i'm really sick of hearing "smokers" bitch about how people complain about second hand smoke. i'm not saying if its dangerous or not, (though it cant be good for you) but it affects other people around you and its just rude to say screw you and blow your smoke in places like restaurants etc. i'm not saying you cant smoke, but people dont go around farting all the time, do you fart in a restaraunt? or a bus? or a movie theater?

8. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Yeah, what you don't realise is that this is a long running joke of Milo's. Lucky for me, I live in Australia, and smoking is banned indoors in public places.

9. Milo

Milo New Member

No, they get high from YOUR second hand smoke. Then their children drop dead by the thousands every second from mine.

It IS rude to blow your smoke at people who are eating. Or smoking in a confined space with non-smokers. In California, it's illegal to smoke indoors at any public place or even near the entrance/exit to a public place. Even though I'm a smoker, I don't have a big problem with that.

I just believe that these claims that second hand smoke caused everything from the sinking of the Titanic to the crucifiction of Jesus Christ are bullshit. I can believe it's not healthy to grow up in a household filled with smoke. THAT can have an effect on someone, I'm sure. But outdoors? Shit... If I'm walking down the street and someone doesn't like my smoke, THEY can move. If it stinks to them, fine. Walk across the street. Just like if I didn't like some woman's rank, whore-like perfume, I'D cross the street, not make some bullshit commercial about THE OMFG DANGERS OF STINKY PERFUME YOU KILLED MY SON.

Outdoors, it's not gonna kill you anymore than your neighbor BBQing in the backyard is going to give everyone in the neighborhood heart disease and cancer.

Sorry, I'm venting. It's been a long day at work. At least tomorrow's Friday, and I'm getting paid.

10. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

hmmm, when you put it that way it all sounds fine...

<edit> but think about the ozone layer! :lol:

11. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

Milo, leg wrestling consists of two people lying down hip to hip with each person's head by the other person's feet. They raise their nearer legs and entwine them anywhere from the knee joint to the ankle. Once the signal is given then both wrestlers try to flip the other one by bringing their leg down. I always win because I have long and powerful legs. It's all about the leverage, baby!

Ferret, I view your backpedalling as a thinly veiled cover-up of the fact that all of your knowledge is based in survey, statistics, and little bits of paper that say you know everything. Go on, tell me how wrong I am and just how such-and-such a statistic says that you're 94.7% correct when it comes to knowing things and that a recent survey shows that 6 out of 10 people concur exactly with your view of the world. I know what foods keep me alive and healthy and it seems to be in direct contradiction with the things you are saying; I've either trumped the entire field of human physiology or you are a bald-faced liar.

Jarinor, I live the way I live by choice and your suggestions are duly noted and cast on the Heap of Useless Crap (tm). I'd like to take this opportunity to point out the fact that you missed the point of my earlier post, but I might as well attempt walking on my arms for the rest of my life (go on, connect this to arm wrestling in some manner that is both humorous and insulting to myself).

12. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Errr... yeah. :/ You keep saying that.

Just because a survey shows one thing it doesn't mean that there aren't exceptions. I'm sure you are perfectly healthy and lively, with no weight problems what so ever. I know two vegetarians just like that too. However, I also know three vegetarians with lots of health problems that are related to not being able to digest their food properly.

You'll also notice that I couldn't be sure of the exact figures, but about 1/3 of all vegetarians are perfectly fine. Over Europe and America that amounts to several million people, of which you are undoubtably one.

Just because something doesn't happen to you, doesn't mean it's not real. You have an incredibly narrow view of the world, as you show nearly every time you argue something, and you have an inability to accept anything you personally haven't thought of. Grow up.

13. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I think they're letting you win. Either that, or you only take on other vegetarians, who are weaker than you. Sounds like a pretty fucking stupid 'sport'/activity/hobby to me anyway.

That's nice. One less idiot polluting the gene pool then.

Care to make it again and point out your point exactly this time? I'm terrible at interpreting hidden meanings.

Well, I can certainly imagine what it looks like. I know I'd like to see non-ugly woman walking on her arms like an ape, arm and leg wrestling another woman doing the same. It would certainly leave them vulnerable from behind, if you know what I mean.

But of course, being a vegetarian and therefore weak, your arms would probably break after a short period of time and, like I said before, any form of mildly vigorous sex would probably break you in half.

14. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

her arms probably wouldnt break, considering the fact that she still consumes dairy products, and after this post she'll probably defend herself by pointing out that dairy products arent cruel, which would be false, i'd rather have an X painted on my forehead and stand in line with the rest of the cows so some farmer could sledge hammer that x into my brain than sit in a box that arely contains my entire body except r my head which pokes out through a little hole and have my nipples connected to sucking devices extracting lactose rich fluid from my body for the course of my entire life

15. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

You're wrong, Sleek, I won't defend that type of factory-style lactation. I think it's wrong and it shouldn't have been done in the first place. As it is, cows are our genetically and hormonally manipulated servants and it would be almost as cruel to release them into the wild as it would be to keep them where they are (perhaps more so). Many of them live a safer, happier life under our care than they would be able to in the wild. I know that I patronize the dairy industry when I eat its products but I feel that the industry would be less cruel if the cows weren't slaughtered as soon as their production fell below an arbitrarily determined point. One can have a cow and live with it in a mutually beneficial relationship or one can own cattle and treat them as machines. I prefer the former and I try to keep my dairy intake at a minimum. Go soy milk!

16. Ferret

Ferret New Member

What sort of screwed up milking processes do you Americans use!??! :eek:

In Britain, dairy cattle are raised on grassland pastures, and you sure as hell have a lot more of those than in Britain, seeing as Britain is the highest density country in Europe and I believe the third highest density country in the world (and some people still don't understand the issues we're having with asylum seekers :roll: ). Twice a day, these field-living cattle are ushered into an open-ended cowshed, where they are connected to a machine for just 20 minutes and then let back into the fields.

Infact, you CAN'T keep them connected longer than 30 mins because the milk rund out and then you start draining the blood from their bodies! :-o

17. chalcedony

chalcedony New Member

no wonder strawberry milk is cheaper to make, they save on colourings. (ducks for cover)

18. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

We use the same process that you described. Cows are twice daily hooked up, as you mentioned, then released. Realize, Ferret, you're listening to bleeding hearts more concerned with the attention and politics their rantings bring, rather than the good of the animal itself. Matter of fact, 95% of these types know nothing, absolutely NOTHING about the animals which the proclaim to defend. Most wouldn't know a cow if they saw it standing in a field, but, get them on a box made of soap, and they are experts. I would LOVE to take some of these bleeding hearts to a cow farm.

"Yeah, pet the cow, mother fucker. What's the matter? ""Eww Sick?"" What are you talking about, eww sick? This is your sole reason for being, this creature here, slobber dripping from it's lips, and it's methane farts stinking up the barn. PET IT, MOTHER FUCKER. Yeah, that's what I thought. Heh heh, First time you've actually been this close to a cow, isn't it?"

Mother fucker.

19. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

you dont patronize them, you patronize yourself and your vegetarian viewpoints

oh and ferret, i didnt know the exact process, i just know that its not as fluffy as vegetarians want it to be, and while its less cruel than i described, i know for a fact that they dont spend all their time in pretty pastures prancing with gnomes and unicorns. california is especially bad.

20. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

That was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while retard.

Our Host!