NPC reactions depending on players clothes

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by praetorian, Apr 21, 2013.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. praetorian

praetorian New Member

there are different NPC reactions depending on players clothes.

- a smoking jacket can give you nice +20 reaction. really worth the money.
    - a barbarian outfit can lower the reactions and the people will often insult you. however, orcs will react better and hail you.
    - running naked also gives some special quotes from NPCs.

do you know about any other advantages/disadvantages of wearing a special armor or clothes in dialogues?
    is there any quest or situation that can be solved with(out) having the correct outfit? like playing as a character with high beauty and talking naked to people? :roll:

2. Deman

Deman Member

You can enter Bates' mansion if you present yourself as a servant (wearing servants' clothes) to the gate guard.

Also wearing priest robes, gives you a special dialog option when talking to Nasrudin's tomb guards. This won't lead anywhere though.

To enter T'seng Ang you also need a Molochean Hand amulet. Can't remember if you needed to wear it though.

3. Ruda

Ruda Active Member

You can talk to good king Preator without your clothes on, resulting in a large reaction drop. Do this enough times and you can discuss the (as far as I know non-existent) queen with him. You also gain dialogue options you shouldn't have (see spoiler)
    You can claim that you've spoken to his brother (on the Isle of Despair) even though you haven't been there yet (or are even aware of his existence).

4. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Re:

The guards allow the player to enter the tomb if he is wearing pilgrim robes.

Didn't notice any special dialogue while wearing priest robes.

5. Deman

Deman Member

I actually never tried this myself, it was just something that I read about here on the forums. Personally, I preferred to blast that door away from far off then bypassing the guards who didn't react at all. Arcanum in a nutshell.

Our Host!