New source of power

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by zxcvbnmnbvcxz123, Oct 10, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

Arronax, I don't if I exactly have the authority to be the one to tell you this, but there is no problem with reading old posts. The problem is commenting, especially uselessly, like this particular gravedig above, on a topic that is long dead, that is on nobody's mind but yours, and no longer warrants comment.

If you have something new and original to say based on information culled from a variety of old posts that you read, open a new topic and reference those old posts. If it's interesting, no one will complain. If it's stupid, don't post it.

I understand your paranoia about being called on spamming and gravedigging. Truly I do. In fact, there was a whole thread based on my first thread, in which I voiced my fear of being flamed. However, at this point you've been here almost as long as I have and should know better. So stop gravedigging, especially in one sentence pointless "yeah man!!! that's so 1337!!!" posts. The "man" from the "yeah" is often no longer even here.

This goes for Ralph, the newest culprit, as well.

Sorry, mods and admins, if I've overstepped my newbie bounds, but these guys were bugging me.

2. arronax21

arronax21 New Member

i know im a dumb noob so sorry for buggin you

3. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

Arronax, I have no idea if you're dumb, and you're only 11 days more noob than I am. You don't need to be sorry, and I don't mean to come across like I meant to flame you. But, really, this isn't about whether you bothered ME, it's about the forum rules, which are here to keep the majhority of posters as happy as possible. I know you, and everyone else who was once a noob has heard the following aspect of those rules: Don't gravedig. Some say it nicely, and some don't. But everyone has seen those words. Again, you needn't apologize. You just need to stop gravedigging. You do it a lot, or I wouldn't have said a word. Don't.

Nobody hates you, and nobody's pissed (not Mr. Nobody). Just stop doing it. If you have a new idea about an old topic, make a new thread. Nobody will say anything negative towards you if you open a new thread on something that was written a long time ago, as long as you provide new insight. If you don't have an idea but just want to say something for the sake of saying something, that's called spam. Don't. Old or new.

I'm not flaming you. I'm just trying to give you guidelines on how not to get flamed (or lectured) in the future.

That said, post in peace.

4. arronax21

arronax21 New Member

Just to let you know i was wondering what (spam) was so thanks for clearing that up. :thumbup:

And yes im aware that spam is what i just posted

Our Host!