New solutions to convert bmp2art and art2bmp

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Wims, Jun 13, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Wims

Wims New Member

Hi guys,

I'm a first-hour Arcanum fan and a Mods' dev. After creating some mods (they are in french so, if you read french or just give a try, i would gladly give some links to dwl them) i decided to create another one...

I have almost managed, after some hours - or probably more - to display a image on the game like Vorman's portrait in Vormantown.

I tried to use bmp2art and art2bmp but these softwares just don't work (any more ? have you worked it out ?). So the last thing i need to do is convert a bmp file to an art file and i shall work like a charm...

Suggestions ?

If you are interested into display such images on your mod, i can explain you how to do it. However it has already be done on the forum and it is very easy. No, wait, it's not easy to find. It a real pain but steps are easy.

It is a great pleasure to find an active community for the best RPG ever made !

- Wim's

2. Crypton

Crypton Member

3. Wims

Wims New Member

ArtGen do not generate correct art file for me. I can see with Artviewer that the art is almost all black and is only 1KB.

I'll give a look at qtScribe.

Thank you.

4. Wims

Wims New Member

Ok, looking into the forum topics once again, i just discovered that Artviewer CAN actually load .bmp files and convert into .Art files.

I will now try to display such an image. for now, i am happy.

thank you once again for your help.

EDIT : ok, all that finally works like a charm. I can display images like i want on the game. However, i would like to keep the wooden background displayed under the image. It is in 256 colors and Windows 7 does not support it any more. I mean, when i save the wooden background on .bmp to create a raw-ready-to-use picture, Windows messes up colors and they become purple-like.

Does anyone know how to fix this ?

You guys are great so far, i trust you.

Our Host!