New Mountains!

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by rroyo, Jul 31, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

After getting annoyed by some of the original mountains not working, I decided to have a go at fixing them.
    Since my efforts met with success, I'll pass them along for someone else to use.

http://www.multiupload.com/IC1JG90I30

The rar contains:
    Desert Mountains - That actually are desert mountains.
    NEW! - Desert Island Mountains - Just like the name sounds.
    NEW! - Plains Mountains - For anyone who wants to add Badlands to their Wierd West mod, these have plains grass at their base.
    Snowy Mountains - Regular mountains with a snowy/rocky base.
    Tropical Jungle Mountains - The desert mountains were used because the sandy base is the same color as the island sand.
    And the updated terrain.mes for the new listings.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Enjoy!

2. Wims

Wims New Member

Thanks ! That's really good ! It took me like 2 hours to built mountains in the first map of my mod... :thumbup:

3. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

4. Vendigrothian

Vendigrothian New Member

Thanks a bunch. This makes things a little easier.

5. Gildorn

Gildorn Member

Actually, I must sat you're my man, rroyo. I've heard you're the editor legend here in the forum, possibly as myself, being an editor geek from my childhood in many games, wanting to make my OWN stuff.

Have you done the art yourself? Nicely done. :) I don't remember desert mountains in original Arcanum.

Good thing in editor is, that you can see how the thingz work, and thus inspiring you to make a similar game with same principle of tiling the terrain etc. I am very sympathetic to Fallout and Arcanum isometric gameplan and following the example. :)

6. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Vendigrothian: Welcome to the forum! and thanks.

Gildorn: Thank you as well.

"Editor legend"? If you say so.... :D

The mountains were created by starting with the original working mountains and changing the base scenery and/or overlaying the grey mountains with the desert mountain facades. Time consuming but not too difficult.

The Troika team appearently meant for there to be desert, snowy, and tropical mountains and even made a start on creating them, but I guess time constraints got that part of the project axed.

7. Gildorn

Gildorn Member

I knew some filter or applying one effect would be sufficient. Actually, even slight color saturating and orange-yellow-brown hue would do the thing. :D
    Good tip how to make these slight changes :thumbup:

Our Host!