movies/endings script

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by luppolo, Jun 28, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. luppolo

luppolo New Member

i'm not english, i can understand it fairly well when i read (otherwise i couldn't play arcanum, or just write here) it but i just can't recognize most of the words when i listen to it

so do exist anywhere the scripts of the movies and of the endings?

2. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

As for the endings, all of them should be gathered here (scroll down, expand Main Plot and than expand The End).

I'm afraid I can't help you with the cinematics, though, not at the moment at least. If no one will be able to help you with them, I might mobilize myself and write them down from listening for you, but that would happen after I'm done with my exam session at the earliest, which will be in a week or so at best.

3. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

No one answered so far so I'm guessing people might not be aware of the existence of such transcripts, assuming they are out there somewhere in the first place. I keep to my word and provide the transcripts of the four in-game cinematics with spoken words in them which I wrote down from listening and as you can see, I actually was able to find some time for it sooner than I expected. It was actually quite a fun thing to do.

Preston Radcliffe's last moments

Help! Help me, please! Oh thank you, my friend. I haven't got much time. [cough] You must find the boy. Find the boy and give him back his ring. He will know what needs to be done. [cough] Now, l-listen to me, we had to do it. He did unspeakable things to us. We... we had no choice but to do as he said. There are so few of us left but the work is almost finished and then, the evil! Ow, you can't imagine. He's... he's coming back to destroy everything. Everything and everyone... Please, just find the boy. [cough] Tell him that I escaped and came to warn. He will know what to do. You, my friend, it's all up to you...

If anyone thinks he knows better than me what was that green sentence supposed to be, please contact me in this thread or via PM. I never really understood that part and what I wrote was the closest thing that came to my mind after listening to that part over and over again that had any sense.

Arronax's banishment (as told by Nasrudin)

He felt himself betrayed when the Council condemned his actions. He showed no remorse. In his arrogance he was sure he would be vindicated. I cast the deciding vote to banish my own son. "If I must die, I will be the last!" – he screamed as he hurled the spell that brought an end to the Council, the Age of Legends and my will to live.

It was a harsh dawn that morning on the plains of Brodgar and it was there in the shadow of the Black Spire that our armies met in a most terrible battle that Arcanum has ever seen.

As the sun set, only four of us were still alive to witness the destruction we had brought to pass. I found Arronax among the corpses of our decimated armies and it was there that I condemned my own son to the Void.

In the end, it was only through our combined might than Arronax was subdued and I watched my own son fall into the horror of the Void. But such was the fury and power unleashed by this conflict that the very fabric of reality was torn asunder. With our remaining energy we were able seal the rift with powerful wards and the Ring of Brodgar still stands today as a monument to my son's destructive pride and my own unforgivable failure.

Arronax's banishment (as told by K'an Hua)

The response of Arronax was swift and decisive. Vendigroth was wiped from the face of Arcanum. The council screamed in dismay at Arronax’s strength of will. Weak-minded and old most members of the Council were by now, you see. "If I must die, I will die last", you see? Glorious was his response, was it not?

The final battle on the Black Spire took place unleashing forces not seen before or since.

Such was the fury and power of the combatants that the very fabric of reality was torn asunder, you see. Failed by the weakness of those drawn to his side, Arronax was drawn into the Void, yesss.

All energy left in the bones of the few remaining was drained to create the wards to seal the rift. Even the great Nasrudin was unable to regenerate his energy stores after the effort, yesss.

Kerghan's speech

If only I could show you the places I've seen, you might understand the things I say. I've been to the desolate lands, wandered by those souls who still see the lands of the living but wear the cloak of the dead. Blind to their own ends, they cry, passing through one another like shadows in the dying light of day. I've travelled to where souls rot in torment, pierced with the jagged shards of life and vision, clinging to memory, regrets of the flesh. I saw that this prison was of their own making and the key was in unknowing, in release. And still, I travelled on.

And finally, I came to the place where souls go to die. Where the mirrored and worn spirits fall between an endless sea of gray, mirrored glass. And I lowered myself within and laid there among them. And I almost did not return.

And do you know what I found there? There, among the silent and battered shells of the innumerable? Peace. Enlightenment. Truth. Only then did I realise that this place, this life is an abomination, a horrible distortion of the natural order.

This "life" who mothered pain and fear and envy. These twisted children who exist only because we are here to feed them, to nourish them. This "life", this afterthought, a disturbance, a mere ripple in that great dead sea. Not even the cause but merely an effect, sending these souls upward screaming for release from the day they are torn from the waters. The effect of what!? I do not know nor do I care.

Have you ever spoken with the dead? Called to the from this side, pulled them from their silent rest? Do you know what it is that they feel? Pain. Pain when torn into this wakefulness, this reminder of the chaos from which they have escaped. Pain of having to live.

There will be no more pain. There will be no more chaos.

Our Host!