Most regreted PC game purchase?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WB Steamcock, Mar 17, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Xz and I could do it. We once made a very successful and encompassing Arcanum module.

2. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Whatev'. It's now just under three weeks until Easter. Once you guys work out who happens to be in charge, I'll try to have something outlined by the end of my Easter break. (Yes, I've summarily claimed plot duties.)

3. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I'll provide you with an online community its called: www.terra-arcanum.com You may have heard of it.

4. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

5. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

Sounds gay.

6. GarmGarf

GarmGarf New Member

Instead of having just one individual in charge, what we could do is have like a council of members who all hold votes. Inevitably, decisions are going to be made where we don't all agree. Yes, having one individual leader would prevent any stalemates, but it can also make project members unsatisfied with the project's direction.

If there were an odd number of project members (to avoid voting stalemates), a possible system could be that every decision was "majority vote wins" (except for, say, decisions which have to do with kicking people of the council, or adding new members etc. For them, a unanimous vote would be required (bar the individual's vote who is wished to be kicked off, if that situation is the case)).

Still, it would take a hell of a long time for every decision to be held through a vote, so, a project leader could be positioned so that he/she borrows everyone's votes for decisions, but if any council members challenges the project leader's decision, then a vote is held on that particular decision.

Does that make sense?

Alternatively, a dictator can just be put in place; I don't really mind.

7. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

I don't write lyrics, though.

8. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

Yeah, we were finished talking about you. Bye.

9. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I can't recall a one single game I ever played that had lyrics in the music.

10. GarmGarf

GarmGarf New Member

11. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I've never played the game but it's nice to know there's at least one with lyrics.

12. GarmGarf

GarmGarf New Member

Well apparently the lyrics are off someone's song ("Nearly Civilized" by Esthero), but regardless, that game could pretty much be made into a film so I guess it's an exception.

13. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    I wouldn't say shitty.
    There has been worse.
    It was mediocre at times.
    That being said, Patrick Stewart as Emperor Emperor Uriel Septim was a complete win.

Heh, heh. You said doodie. <--(done with horrible Bevis and Butt-head impersonation.)

14. Jungle Japes

I would like to add Fallout: BoS, even though it was an xbox game. Who knew that when you crossed two great games(BG:Dark Aliance and Fallout) you got a steaming pile of shit?

15. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I've BoS for PC, and've heard that soo many times, I've never played it.

16. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

Fallout Tactics was no great accomplishment. It just lacked something the first two Fallouts had. Play Fallout 1 or 2 then play Tactics and you'll quickly realize how important "playing a role" is to an RPG, not just the fighting and leveling. Funny, though, that Tactics is supposed to be centered around squad-based, tactical combat. Yet that's my biggest gripe about it. But then I fire up FO2, hike my ass down to The Den and procede to, unprovokingly, blow the entire town in half with my Pancor Jackhammer. Ironic.

17. Jungle Japes

I feel like I should point out that I was referring to Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel, which is a shitty game for the xbox and PS2 using the Baldur's Gate: Dark Aliance game engine. I was not talking about Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel, which was an okay pc game.

18. TheDavisChanger

Hear hear! For the longest time "Role Playing Game" was synonymous with "game featuring a linear story with turn-based combat!" Fallout 1 was the first game in which I felt I could actually flesh out a role. I feel that the classless, point-based approach to character development contributes much to this impression. Even Baldur's Gate seemed confining.

19. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

I don't know, a very well executed "game with linear story that has turn based combat and stats/levels/etc" game is very fun for me.

That's not to say I enjoy true ROLE PLAYING games either, I just don't want to discount the other kind.

20. TheDavisChanger

I don't mean to be critical of the linear story with turn-based combat format. The game released as Final Fantasy II in the States fits that description and it is one of my favorite games of all time. I just can't bring myself to call it an RPG. It's as much an RPG as Duke Nukem.

Our Host!