MOB Files - I need help...again..

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Cloaked Figure, Jun 16, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Cloaked Figure

Cloaked Figure New Member

So, I make changes to this critter on the main Arcanum map. I right click him to see what his MOB file name is, and I find the file and copy paste it into my Arcanum.PATCH9 file. (modules -> Arcanum.PATCH9 -> maps -> Arcanum1-024-fixed).

I put that folder into my test-game directory and fire up the game. The mes and Rules folder changes I made (gamearea.mes and MapList) all appear. The MOB file changes that I made to critters, however are not there. The critter still has the exact same stats.

If someone could tell me here, or PM what I'm doing wrong, it would be most appreciated. Thanks.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have to delete the cached files in order for the changes to take effect. Cached maps are stored in modules\arcanum\maps. I usually use a batch file with the following contents (this clears prototypes as well):
    Code:
    echo y | del data\proto\*.*
    echo y | del modules\arcanum\maps\*.*
    Copy and paste this into notepad, save as CleanCache.bat and run it in your Arcanum folder.

3. Cloaked Figure

That worked. Thank you, Drog.

So, should I place that batch file in my download and tell people in the Read Me to run the file? Or will it work on a clean Arcanum directory?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You will have to include the batch file, unless you're going to implement an installer that does this automatically (like I did with the UAP).

5. Cloaked Figure

Alright, thanks.

I'm actually planning on adding the installer later, when I have supplements made as well.

Our Host!