Missing save files?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Canis, May 18, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Canis

Canis New Member

Is there any known bug (or feature) which would cause all of your saves to disappear? I started a new game last night, with the only difference being that I changed the clothing of my custom background to Rustic Finery. I died at the crash site after a rather spectacular critical miss, and to my shock there were no saves to be found on the Load Game screen!

Is it at all possible that the game deleted these files, or must I have done it myself and then for some bizarre reason (senility most likely) forgot all about it? It's especially puzzling since I hardly ever delete my saves, and even when I do I NEVER delete the autosave.

Odd. :/

2. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

sure you didn't move them? Thats how I sort of catagorize my games.

If I'm playing one particular player, I always have early on saves, so i don't have to repeat stuff too much when starting new game

Parmanian

3. Canis

Canis New Member

I never move them. :-(

Sometimes I delete the unique saves just to thin things out, but I've never deleted everything before. Certainly I've never trashed the quick-save.

(Yes, quick-save, that's what I meant in my first post when I wrote "autosave". My bad.)

I ran a search for the files, but nothing turned up. I have no idea what might have happened. :cry:

4. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

I guess you get the auto - delete award.........

I've always made backups to another directory when playing these games, for some reason I think every game has the opportunity to crash your save files.

Trouble is I probably have backups of the game at the wrong point....hehehehe

Parmanian

Our Host!