Map Building

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by McCarthy, May 10, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Groovis

Groovis New Member

Ok, I've managed to make a little app in VB that creates a hollow window (a window with a hole in the middle) and emulates random mouseclicks inside the hollow area (so the window behind receives them)

Only problems is that the mouse event buffer gets filled too fast and beeps, and now I have to somehow load a monochrome bitmap that serves as "click locations".

So far I've tested it on top of a MSPAINT window and it works. Anyone wants to help me finish building this little tool? :smile:

2. Think

Think New Member

World ED

I may sound kind of stupid but when I make my little world or what ever when I go on the arcanum main world map when I am looking for my world it show's it way up in the corner and I can't get to it and it says unknown area and it is realllly bugging me :x :-x if you have you could help me plz tell me on this forum or E-mail me at every_one_hates_school@hotmail.com and if you could provide the answer on how to fix this problem I would be soooooo happy :D :D :) :) .

Fav band quote from the band homgrown- song I love you not- "I think your hot but I love you not, I don't want to here the words that don't mean anything to me." :cool:_ :minigun: :akimbo: :booze: :asshole: :boxing: :rifle: :throwup: :cool:_ [/url]

3. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

I'm sorry, your incomprehensible babbling is, well, incomprehensible. As we in the Tech Department can not decipher you're meaningless dribble, we are unable to provide assistance at this stage. Suffice to say, your error seems to be a world map thing, and if you don't know how to make a World Map, you should look it up.

As a side note, I find it interesting that they always choose the gun smilies. It's always the gun smilies.

4. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I have a question that masy almost be understandable. How do you make followers. I go into script ed got my entire dialog down, i just don't know how to write a script that makes the guy join my party.
    I do have an assumption as to how this works, so tell me if it is right or wrong.
    Assumption: The faction Adventurers is the player's team. If that's the case then I can just write a script changing the faction of the would be follower.
    The only problem with that is I don't know how to link a script to a response. If the player denies the guy, he shouldn't join, but if he is accepted he should, so how do I link some of the responses to getting a new follower, and some of them to not getting a follower. I can assume that, when you are writing the dialog, you can add a trigger to the 7th brakket, but I don't know what the command is.
    Please email me at Rammie969@aol.com, or respond here if you either know what I'm talking about, or need me to clarify my insane ramblings.

5. Trekkerdude

Trekkerdude New Member

followers

if you have a look on darkunderlord's site then you will see that he has a complete tutorial on how to make a follower, including dialoge and scripts.

Our Host!