Magnus Ditched Me

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by vesselle, May 4, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. vesselle

vesselle New Member

~my alignment is directly in the center of Evil/Good
    ~i don't use projectiles, so i haven't been accidentally pricking my companions with arrows

we had finished off collecting Praetor's taxes and were on our way to find the missing son of Mrs. Cameron.

Magnus just up and told me i was "too damn evil" and left! HUH? each reload is the same. i don't remember him being so fussy before. what can i do to fix this?

thanks!

V***V

2. team a

team a New Member

with the latest patch, accidental hits shouldn't affect follower reactions, and i don't think you would have gotten the "evil" explanation if it was reaction-based.

Were you doing anything even slightly evil before he left? i suppose it could have been before the immediate time he left you; perhaps it took a minute for him to recognize it? your reputation might be -3/10 or something, as Arcanum keeps track of reputation by tenths, not ones, although I don't know how followers keep track of this, whether by ones or tenths. However, Magnus should still follow you unless your alignment is 35.5 below his.

Can you describe what happens immediately before this occurs? does it always happen in the same place, or a certain time interval after you load your last save?

3. vesselle

vesselle New Member

yes. apparethly buying the poison from grunwalde and giving it to dak taan dropped my alignment 1 point too low for him.

:( can i ever get him back? and if so, where does he go? or where can i get another fighter who does melee well?

darn... i really liked that little guy.

4. team a

team a New Member

well, you can probably just increase your alignment and go get him back. Like most followers, he'll go back to where you first joined with him if he leaves. If your reaction is too low, he'll generally explain what you can do to increase it.

Our Host!