Low INT and persuasion...

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by wastelandhero, Jun 18, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

I am playing a half-ogre, with raised in the pits background. With INT at 1, and I don't plan on raising it, so is it worth putting points and training into persuasion?
    I notice that dialoge options are very limited.

2. team a

team a New Member

yeah, it's a real weakness, in my opinion. Why can't a dumb person be persuasive? An ugly person can be likable, a clumsy person can be a master in prowling and firearms, and a dumb person can be very good at haggling, despite the speech barrier. And, no matter what kind of character, one can be taken seriously, so why can't one's ideas be taken seriously, even if difficult to understand?

3. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

The persusasion skill didn't really get factored, when your int is that low. They don't really give you "persuasive retard" dialogue options (or, at least I don't recall any). I would say make the character a dodge/melee master. I maxed out my will, but that's because I cheated and gave myself the 'teleport' spell. :p

4. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

I plan on master dodge and melee anyways, but thought it might be fun to master persuasion also. I first noticed that may be an issue when I couldn't persuade Lukan and his gang to leave, so I killed them. I have 2 points into persuasion already and maybe will leave it at that. I still plan on high CHR for followers though. I think I will get Magnus to make a crap load of balanced swords then dump him. Possibly pick up Dante for healing as well as Virgil. Planned on having myself, Sogg, Mutt, Chukka(If I can get him), and the Ogre in Leaboh as my main fighters.

BTW, what are the requirements to get Chukka from Bates?

5. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Magnus won't join you. You're too stupid. Sadly, most of the followers I found were that way.

6. team a

team a New Member

Chukka can join you before the Isle of Despair, among other places, provided that you have 12 charisma and you do not currently have maximum followers. I suppose you could put just enough points in persuasion to get the expert bonus (12, i.e. 3 points), but it probably won't help you actually persuade anyone to do anything.

Our Host!