legal download of Arcanum available?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jayster42, Aug 16, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

Firefox has an integrated spell-checker that runs on every textarea by default. You might have to get a dictionary (right click option on any textarea), but it works like a charm.

2. Shota Shernokavich

Shota Shernokavich New Member

I'm acting like a twit because I said that I didn't want to continue the argument?

See, I know for a lot of you, typing in perfect English makes you feel really smart. The truth is, it's really not that hard, so don't pat yourselves on the back too much.

When you get a physics degree, then you can try to insult my intelligence, until then, sorry, your words mean nothing to me.

And, for the record, I didn't expect anyones support. I know that for a lot of the people here, taking the womans side makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Now, stop provoking me, and I'll stop replying. Deal?

3. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

We're not trying to provoke you. You got all hissy because I told you to at least attempt to make your convoluted messes masquerading as posts readable, and now you're just acting like a cock because nobody will even consider backing you up. Funny thing is, for most people on this forum, English is their second or even third language, and they at least try to be legible. You... you're even less decipherable than people who talk exclusively in 'leet'. You're the bottom of the internet barrel.

You want to know why everyone's pissed at you? Because you're acting like the emotional cripple that you accused me of being. We have standards, even if you don't. Now either shape up or get your ass back to Gaia with all the other fucking imbeciles and leave us alone.

And don't get all up on your high-horse, Mr. 'Get a Physics Degree Before You Call Me Stupid'. Degrees have nothing to do with base intelligence. I'll have you know that I have an I.Q. of 153, and I was offered a scholarship to the best scientific faculty in Australia. Most of the members of this forum are even smarter. Don't you dare accuse me or anyone else on this forum of being stupid.

You know the really sad thing? You could have just walked away. You could have just acknowledged the comment and left it alone. But you had to shake the hornet's nest.

(Incidentally, it might interest you to know that the people defending me would be the first to kick the shit out of me if I acted like a retard. They're defending me because in this particular case, I happen to be right.)

Oh, and that attack on my sanity? That was fucking low. I mean, shit, I've fought with some of the most vitriolic, unreasonable, fucked up little arseholes the internet has to offer, and not once has one told me that I'm inferior or emotionally fucked up. They've called me an evil bitch - and it's usually been entirely deserved - but you have crossed a fucking line. I've been nice up until this point - god knows why - but I have had it up to fucking HERE.

This is your last warning. Leave, or there will be hell to pay.

4. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Then why are you starting again?

*Making noise of a buzzer* Sorry, wrong answer. If it not that hard, why is your own English is lazily messed up?

5. Shota Shernokavich

Again, you are taking things too seriously. Some text on a screen from some guy you don't even know made you that angry? I guess I was right.

Stop provoking me, and I'll stop replying. DEAL?

Arthgon, the irony is hilarious. By the way, it's hurricane, not 'hurrican'.

6. Shota Shernokavich

Hm, proof? Quote one of my posts made outside of this thread that were 'barely legible'.

'base intelligence' huh? What a smart person you must be.

Here's a well deserved /golfclap just for you.

Sorry, but no one is going to try and sound smart at my expense.

The internet is some serious business, alright.

I'll take the risk.

7. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Oh...look he saw a missing e! I know that English is my second language, and that I sometimes make mistakes with the grammar, but even I make more effort and sense in the sentences of mine.

Edit: Mental note: Typing much faster.

8. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

You know what? FUCK YOU. We tried being reasonable, YOU turned this into a slanging match. Don't give me that 'stop commenting and I'll stop replying' bullcrap. I stopped commenting, and you went and told me I needed professional help.

And don't give me that 'taking it too seriously' shit either, you bastard. I was NICE to you. Do you know how often I bother being nice on the Internet? It's all but unheard of! I was polite, I was restrained, I was tongue in cheek, and YOU took it to the next level.

So take your medicine like a man, fucktard. You started it, and now you have to deal with the consequences.

P.S. This is not your forum. This is OUR forum. If you don't want to meet our standards, you just have to live the arse-kicking you get in return.

9. Shota Shernokavich

What did i say before that?

Provocative.

Sorry, you are just flat out wrong.

10. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Face it, Shota. Even when you're making the effort you still make about as much sense as a hippo in a trifle. Besides, it was a valid point.

I do make more sense than you when I'm delusional from exhaustion.

11. Shota Shernokavich

I'm not going to dignify you with proper answer, seeing as you clearly don't deserve it.

Good bye.

12. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Au revoir, farewell, Guten Tag, don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.

13. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Thank you, you have just brought me enough information so that I can install the english dictionary, because using the swedish didn't really work that well:)

14. GarmGarf

GarmGarf New Member

Woah, and people called me condescending.

Xiao is correct about "base intelligence", or "fluid intelligence". Education is organized knowlege, but it isn't intelligence.

Many humans now more about certain things than Issac Newton did, but does that make us more intelligent than him? No, it doesn't. We are standing on the shoulders of giants. I think higher of the theorists, the inventors, the scientists, the poets, the authors, the artists, the musicians, the game designers and many people of intellectual and creative innovation more than the academics. I also think highly of the teachers, but this is because they give others a chance to be great.

Shota, you didn't think of the stuff on your physics course. Greater people did. And it is extremely ignorant of you to claim that people who haven't taken such a course are intellectually lesser than you. At the time in your life when you weren't a physics graduate, were your arguments lesser?

Any pseudo-intellectual with enough time, study and attempts can graduate from any course. But those people aren't gonna discover, invent, design or compose anything.

15. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

He doesn't have arguments, he has delusions. And now he is gone. Good riddance.

16. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

I feel like I've done this forum a great service...

I do hate it when trivial matters erupt into pointless flaming like the one just now. I bet if only more people joined in sooner and told him to STFU, we all could've lived happily ever after.

But no, the moment he's fucking crawled out form under his rock and appeared in GD, this happened.

17. Shota Shernokavich

Theory, inventions, science, poetry, writing, art, music, game designing = academics. True story.

They are intellectually lesser than me in that field of study, wouldn't you agree?

Um, yes, they were actually.

It is always the uneducated people babbling out this crap. Guess what dude, a physics graduate has a higher chance of progressing that field of study, than some random guy with a high IQ. Fun Fact: Most of the progress that was made in any scientific field was by an old, learned proffessor/doctor.

18. GarmGarf

GarmGarf New Member

No, academics are things pertaining to the study of things already composed. When you study about science, you are studying what someone else thought about. If you theorize yourself about science, and attempt to compose theories that haven't been discovered yet, then you are going into the realm of innovation, invention and discovery.

Knowledgeably lesser yes. Intellectually, no. Intelligence is an entity attribute. It is the same used wherever.

Well this isn't a physics forum (your academic progression in physics wont help you in this field of the internet).

19. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Garfield your being an idiot for arguing the physics thing with him, just drop it.

It isn't 1890 anymore, university graduates make the discoveries now not high school graduate with bits and pieces of gleaned knowledge.

20. Shota Shernokavich

What?

I said that someone who has a degree in physics is more likely to discover something new in that particular field..to which you replied: 'this isn't a physics forum.'

Seriously, what?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!