Last words of eminent athesits

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wayne-scales, Jan 19, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Hmmm...I like that idea. Of course, it means no one is really creative, and that everything has to be initially discovered somehow. If your concepts come to you completely formed, language, art, or music are completely adequate forms of expression. If your concepts take time to truly manifest, what keeps it hidden? Suppose it's time itself!

2. wayne-scales

wayne-scales Well-Known Member

It's just discovery; same as discovering physical things, but these things are abstract.

3. Grossenschwamm

But something has to be preventing discovery until a certain time. Whenever I make a pipe, I see it for the first time when it's complete. These are concepts I discover with my hands before my head gets involved.

4. wayne-scales

wayne-scales Well-Known Member

The only thing preventing discovery is simply the lack of it. Whenever a mountain or cave or river was discovered, it was as the result of taking the path towards it. When mathematical and physical laws &c. are discovered, it's as a result of this as well. It's simply the evolutionary method; and when we make further discoveries based on previous ideas, it's merely because we were shown the way to the formerly discovered conclusions and reached them with relative ease, allowing us to reserve exertion for the development of these ideas as premises; just like being carried part-way up a mountain so that we will have the strength to proceed further.

5. Grossenschwamm

Our Host!