Keeping Swyft

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Shadygrove, Oct 1, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Assuming you would want to keep the whinny little dear....

Tonight, I tried picking Swyft up with a CH 20 PC. I have often had her along briefly & had read discussions from people who had accidently had her stay. Imagine my surprise when she said good-by at the bridge & left.

O. K. I did save just outside of town. Tried again. Went instantly west as someone had suggested. Got the thanks speech. Said your welcome, she split. F8.

Then, the next go around, when she said thanks, I backed out of the conversation by clicking on a spell. She didn't leave.

Her trigger is you replying to her good-by speech.

The problem is that as long as you are on the Tarant town map, every now & then she will say "Thanks for bringing me to Tarant, here is the money I promised you." & you need to click on something in the utility belt to back out. Somewhat more annoying than her "This isn't Tarant" whine on every other town map.

No, it is not an ATM. Sigh. Here, for a moment, I thought she might be REALLY useful. BTW, IIRC she has the Warrior Mage Good leveling scheme, same as Dante. An ST 20 fighting healer is a good thing, & her bikini attire almost makes up for her inability to wear armor.

The PC is my first try with an Educator. Also a Human male. I do wonder about his taste in students, but I guess 150 is not jailbait.

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Problem is that Swyft won't hit ST 20, she'll be limited to 18. That's still pretty good, though nothing beats that double damage bonus.
    What really would trouble me is the fact that Swyft is a mere lv9 character. I mean, she's quite allright as a party sidekick when bringing her to Tarant, but exploring a dungeon with a character that is like 10 levels behind... can be tricky, especially when the aforementioned inability to wear armour is brought into the equation.
    Oh well, I just hope that you don't share my obscesion of keeping everyone in the party at the same level.

Still, I might want to try this out one day. Could be fun to beat Arcanum with the highest possible number of followers. Thanks for discovering this :)

By elven standards it is dude, by elven standards...

3. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Swyft is useless anyway, and by the time you get her she's way behind your team (she's level 9, isn't she?). Now if there was a way to keep Doc Roberts...

4. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

??? For being a girl & an Elf? I will let you know.

Not realy, try keeping Lionheart followers alive in combat. I figure she gets all the best of the other defensive gear.

She is the only one out of sequence here. 11 levels behind. I got to Qintarra at level 18, but didn't have the 20 CH I wanted to try with her till level 20.

Yes, but he is (only ) human.

Our Host!