It's so fucking tragic, I couldn't stop myself from laughing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dark Elf, Jul 15, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Why automate something you take pleasure out of doing? Do you have machines that eat delicious cake for you as well?

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    The satisfaction gained from banning depends entirely on the epicness of the troll. People who gravedig one post and do no more are nothing but vermin. People who have managed to infuriate an entire board and receive death threats on a regular basis, now banning that is bliss.

It's the difference between shooting that polar bear you've been hunting for days, and firing your gun at every shrew you see.

3. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I've just found out that thanks to the use of drugs in the game Fallout3 is being refused classification (banned) within Australia.

Supposedly we are getting a watered down version but I thought the game was already going to be a watered down dilluted form of the original anyway.

4. Dark Elf

Media:
    Granted, you could always order a foreign copy, but having to pay for shipment to get the real thing sucks indefinitely.

5. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I'll just wait a few months and pick it up cheap on ebay.

6. GarmGarf

GarmGarf New Member

7. DonThrogg

DonThrogg New Member

8. Dark Elf

Media:
    One copy of Arcanum for a Swedish Fallout?

9. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Don't bite the bait, you're just feeding the troll.

10. GarmGarf

GarmGarf New Member

Yeah, I guess you're correct.

Never mind then. >_>

11. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

:cry: God almighty, I didn't even manage to finish Fallout before I had to give it back to it's owner, and I still want to scream when I see this. Grief... Even Loki would think twice before pulling shit like this.

12. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

I was thinking that if we all pretend it's NOT Fallout, it might be really good. Like, we could sit down in the forum to discuss that great new apocalyptic game 'DC on Fire' or something, mention the good and bad points of it, and then complain the storyline is too much of a ripoff of the 'Fallout' series (if we even get THAT).

So yeah, I'm really looking forward to it. If it's anything like Oblivion with guns, I'll look forward to clicking my shoot button while running backwards to escape my enemy. :)

13. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Oblolvion with guns.

I would enjoy it more if it were Morrowind with guns, since they stripped down oblivion pretty much compared to Morrowind (Now a full set of armour only contains three/four pieces instead of the previous eightish).

But from what I have seen, it will probaly be a good game, ofcourse not a good Fallout game, but a good game nevertheless.

14. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

You're willing to admit that you prefer having to buy items in a pair individually? I know it's more realistic to have each item separate, but honestly, if you only had the money to get one glove or one boot, wouldn't you just work with what you had until you made enough for the whole pair?
    And people complained that their party members took lunch breaks in Oblivion.

15. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

I'm reserving all judgment until I actually play the game. If it sucks, well, then I haven't gotten myself in a tizzy about anything, and if it rocks then I'll just enjoy a moment of happiness before it's squished by my usual hatred.

16. frosted ambassador

frosted ambassador New Member

And yet it will manage to be successful, make millions of dollars, and while we mope around in a dark corner hoping for Tim Cain to come back.

Life's unfair.

17. Melichoir

Melichoir New Member

I've pre-ordered the collectors edition for the sole reaon of getting a metal fallout lunchbox.

18. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

I support obbler on this one. Why shouldn't you be able to mix different sets of armor? It's ridicolus. Or, if you want to, leave an area unarmored to give your character that barabish/veteran warriorish look? The way they shrunk your OPTIONS in ObLOLvion disgusts me, especially when they had a such wonderful predecessor as MorroWIN.

I'm also furious about the apparent scaling system for fucking ARMORS, but that's another story.

19. Dark Elf

Media:
    Not only did they remove helluvalot of armor options, they also cut the number of skills with like a third. That's deliberately going in the wrong direction. It's like beginning with Mario 64 and then releasing good old Super Mario Brothers, NES graphics and all, as the sequel.

Loot scaling is a very, very bad idea. Nothing extinguishes incentive to explore like loot scaling. Half the thrill of raiding caves in Morrowind was all the cool stuff you could find in there. In Oblivion you find a suit of elven platemail... only to discover that, due to your character level, it's a ceremonial piece of junk with defensive value 1.

Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Todd.

20. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

What always made me mad was how the only thing really making me mad was how important it was for just about everybody to have a hat or helmet, meaning the half hour you spent at the start trying to edit your appearance in the dark was wasted. Sadly, World of Warcraft had a feature to turn helmet appearance off. Which means that my next sentence is going to be the most horrible, earth-shattering, destructive statement I've ever made towards something.

World of Warcraft was better than Oblivion.

Our Host!