I would like your guys's opinon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by YeaYea2001, Feb 7, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Ioo

Ioo New Member

yep, YeaYea, you owe me $200, too!

2. slagger21

slagger21 New Member

110 mins !

5.30 - 7.20 pm ..... Long enough to read 1 godamn post !

I'm 14 this June & i believe that since Singapore has one of the most stressful schooling systems in the world , I AM going through a much tougher time that you .

In my school , you have to get at least 2 CCA's (co-curricular activities ) . Since i have badminton training 4 times a week , and St. John's on Saturday , I spend A LOT more time in school than you . School's from 7.30 am to 3.20 pm , and with badminton , it's till 6 or 6.30pm . A whole 11 hrs in school for me and YOU think of suicide ?!

And the training's not easy either ! We even go for 16km runs ! What the fuck ! At least the 18yr olds get paid in National Service ($250 a month)

But yes , teens almost don't get ANY rights , aside from the one to go to school , which no-one wants .

That didn't help you with your project , did it ?
    But then you'd fail with you're spelling anyway.:grin: :grin: :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: s|aGg3r! on 2002-02-18 05:43 ]</font>

3. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Jeez, Slagger - your school actually does sound quite tough! A bit worse than being asked to do a bit of algebra and wear a uniform, at any rate.

My main badminton-related problem is that I am prevented from playing. A couple of years ago I used to play 3 times a week with my brother. Then I had to move because of a new job and in this area my nearest club is 40 minutes away and costs too much for me to join :sad:

I really miss badminton. I haven't found an alternative form of exercise that I can enjoy as much, so I am gradulally watching my body lose it's fitness simply because I don't earn enough money and live in the wrong place. Bugger.

4. slagger21

slagger21 New Member

Tough eh ?

14 this yr & i have to do 356 * 968 (344608 :wink: ) manually while i hear 16 yr olds in US & Australia do 7x7 with calculators :mad: ....

5. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

People don't need to do stuff like that on calculators here - I can't speak for the USA, but people are for the most part competent here, and if you give them enough time, they can do it manually. A calculator helps though, especially in tests. Especially a graphic calculator :smile:. No more handdrawn graphs!

Yeah, if you do add sport in, school days do become much longer...still, my brother did it tougher. He used to be really good at gymnastics, and at the age of 9 was doing 24 hours a week of gymnastics - some days he'd be at the gym at 7.30 am for an hour, go to school, finish at 3 pm, back at the gym at 3.30pm (at the latest) and training again until 8.30 pm.

6. Sheriff Fatman

I wish I'd been pushed harder as a kid. It's depressing to realise that my foolish whining as a kid, and adults' inability to stand up to it, contributed to me turning into the guilt-ridden lazy slob I am today.

7. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I used to be pretty active as a kid - played hockey, rugby, basketball and ran cross country. Then two events happened which changed my life:

1. Moving overseas. The Middle East is not that conducive to exercise unless you enjoy regular dehydration.

2. Discovering computer games. The moment I played Civilisation, I was hooked for the rest of my life. In conjunction with the moving (because it happened at the same time, I received Civilisation just before I moved), this enhance my natural laziness to never-before-seen hights.

I also put on 7kg in one year by pretty much living off buttered toast. Was probably my worst year of school as well, but for totally different reasons.

8. Sheriff Fatman

Comp games had a pretty big impact on me too. The advent of the home computer in Britain occured when I was 10 years old - just the right time to pull me away from my campaign for voting rights for 10 year olds and lead me towards a Manic Miner of a different sort.

9. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

They had home computers in 1982? I wouldn't have thought so. Seems a bit early to me.

10. Sheriff Fatman

Ouch! Well, we called 'em computers. They mainly comprised large slabs of granite fixed in circular formations at key geographic locations ... :grin:

Seriously, though ... the words

are etched on my retinas.

And that was from our second computer. Before that we had a Vic 20, briefly.

11. slagger21

slagger21 New Member

God i love buttered toast .....

Civilization huh Jar . Look what Duke 3d did to me , and i was only what , 7 then ?

12. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I think a more apt question is, What's healthy about it?

13. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

14. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

My last comment here...

YeaYaa, you owe me US $100. :smile: I expect payment in full before the end of the month :wink:

- And that's the end of that chapter!

15. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

sherrif! my very fist computer was a vic 20!!!!!!!
    god i miss that worhless piece of crap, i never should of given it to my grandmother when i got a 64, i could've wheeled it out on a little trolley on special occasions as my date, cause by christ i spent a lot of time on it as a kid, ahh the memories.

16. Sheriff Fatman

Well, although I knew Vic for a while, here's a picture of my real childhood sweetheart:
    [​IMG]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sheriff Fatman on 2002-02-18 13:46 ]</font>

17. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I had the same thing Sheriff. I had games like Robin Hood and Bruce Lee. All on tapes. I think I can remember part of the command to load games... Load "something.... Heh that was over 11 years ago. I was 6-8 years old.

18. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I do vaguely remember people playing a Bruce Lee game in the library when I was a young 'un at school in the late 80's/early 90's...'bout the same time as Jinxed actually :smile:.

Ah, the Commodore 64. So many fond memories. The detective game I could never complete...The Olympics I could never beat... The racing game I could never finish...

19. Ioo

Ioo New Member

Yeah we had one of those too, they were nice. I remember some robot war game... though we had a bunch.

20. Vincent

Vincent New Member

Yea Yea, let me preface my post by saying that I am sixteen myself. I will also say that I do not like the average teenager, mostly because they are the most conceited group of people this world has to offer. I have met dozens of teenagers like you, and I will say that I do respect you more than the average one, for you at least have the intelligence to be able to discuss your concerns instead of whining. However, quite frankly, that doesn't amount to much.

The thing about your argument that irritates me the most is that you claim that teenagers can identifty true love. Ok, first of all, true love exists in books and movies. It does not exist in real life. This is because by definition true love has such a vast amount of perequisites to exist that it the chances of it occuring are impossible, especially when you factor in human nature. Secondly, if it did exist, i think teenagers (myself included) would be the last people to be able to recoginze it. So called "True Love" occurs when both partners want to feel like they are something special, that they are better than everyone (which all teenagers think incidently), and yet the only thing they are doing is pumping themselves and everyone else (the most important part here, especially for teenagers) full of bullshit. Yeah right, you still love your "girlfriend" even though she is seperated by miles of ocean. How fucking romantic. Perfect Hollywood chick flick. Tell me this Romeo, how often do you think of your, "True Love?" Ha, if you turn on this show called, World's Wildest Police Vidoes, half the time the cops are chasing teenagers on dates. I bet they would tell you they are "Truly in Love," unless of course they are around their friends, in which case they would say "Ah him/her? He/She don't mean shit to me, I'm just dating him/her cause I don't have nothing better to do." Your situation, however, is different. No one is witness to your girlfriend, so they only rely on what you tell them, so how the hell do they know what she's like? I would even go far enough to say you don't even talk very much. My sister is doing the same bullshit with some guy she met in camp, and of course my melodramatic mom is just fanning the flames.

Secondly, you say that people treat teenagers differntly, and become snobby evil adults when you talk to them. Ok, why don't you try being polite? I don't remember having any situations like this when I was alone, but I do remember times when I was with my so called "friends." They were your typical arrogant know it all teenagers that treat EVERYONE (except of course, the so called cool guys) like shit. Try treating adults with respect, as they certainly desrve it. Remember they have provided something useful for society, and so far we have not provided shit for society, just taknen money from our parents and the government. People work for us dammnit, so we don't have to deal with bullshit of everday life. If you think about it they are OUR slaves. WE DON'T DO SHIT, and your bitching about not having rights? Assuming you don't have any body piercings and don't reek of alcohol fumes, you shouldn't have any problems if you treat adults with respect. Oh and by the way, before you say things like, "We're treated the way blacks were in the 1800s," do some research man. No, listening to bleeding heart public school teachers (private too, i've had to deal with the crap of both) who show you pictures of whipped blacks (which didn't happen that often) and say "SEE WE SHOULD KILL WHITY," does not count. Think about it, why would you whip a slave unless they were a real threat (acting like a spoiled teenager perhaps?), you need them to work, and don't want them in so much pain they can't. I don't condone slavery, but the bygone era of slavery in our country is definately being exxagerated. Especially this crap about suing descdents of the masters; what a load of shit.

I will not try to guess what happened with your friends' situation, but I would bet that either you, your friend, or both of you are changing the facts. Oh, the father is so mad with his daughter he tries to RAPE her? Are you fucking kidding? First of all the dad got MAD when he heard his daughter god pregnant. Obviously he cares about her. Oh so he thinks to himself, "Oh now that I'm mad at my daughter which I care about for fucking somebody, why don't I FUCK her?" If however, the father had been doing this repeadetly, than I am truly sorry for these accusations for her sake, not yours, but in that case she probably would have taken it up with the proper authorities. I would be good money however the daughter is completely full of shit, and stabbed her dad with a scissors because she was pissed at him for not giving her "respect," which as we all know any fifteen year old who is pregnant deserves. Oh, forgive me, they are "Madly in love". Well if I were in love with a girl, I would definately care enough about her to use a fucking condom instead of doing it immediatly. Love indeed.

Look man, I don't expect this to post to give you any wisdom if you are the typical teenager, but I thought I might as well try for the hell of it. My underlying message here is pull your fucking head out of your ass and think for a second. Stop looking in the mirror and see what people do for you, despite how you treat them. But all you want is more more more. I'm fucking sick of this teenage mentality. Oh boohoo you can't drink. Well I went with a bunch of teenagers to Germany, and well, we don't deserve the right. BOTTOM LINE: Pull your head out of your ass and look at the world at how it is.

Our Host!