I would like your guys's opinon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by YeaYea2001, Feb 7, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Would you quit school and get a job to support her?
    Would you bathe her if she was in a terrible accident and lost the use of her arms? If she lost her arms entirely?
    Would you raise her kids even if they weren't yours?
    Would you kill someone for her?
    All the things you said you would do for her are very nice romantic notions, but they'll never happen, because they're physically impossible.
    Get real. And ask yourself this question: will she do the same things for you? Better yet, ask her.

Jarinor, you paint a truly bleak picture. Well done! Now Take the NIN cd out of the player...

My final question, YeaYea: will you still need me, will you still feed me when I'm 64? And may I have a cookie? A soft one.

2. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

Yes I would, and in answer to your question would she, the answer is yes. I would happily lay down my life for her. There was a time when I wouldve laied down my life on my own accord. Yes I wouldve killed myself, I wouldnt be here, I wouldntve made it past 13 years old. But she saved me. I owe her my life.

No

3. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Yeayea, is this the first time, you have felt this way about someone? If so, then you may be wise to accept that you have a lot to learn about such situations. Not because you are a teenager, but because it is your first love affair. If you were 60 yrs old having your first, it would be equally true.

I find your melodramatic statements quite hard to accept. The only place I tend to hear such things are in movies and from people acting defensively about an infatuation. I'm not dismissing your love, I'm just saying that of all the people I know who are in lasting romances and who still demonstrate love for each other, none of them began with such dramatic declarations.

The times I have heard such strong statements were when I was a teenager. At that time, it was pretty commonplace for all of us to say such things regarding our latest infatuations (I myself probably said such things 20 times regarding girls I'd have to struggle to recall). I am not saying you are merely infatuated. Clearly, teenage love does happen (two of my friends married girls when they and the girls were under 18 - one couple is still together, the other had the tragedy of the wife committing suicide coming down off of speed), but I cannot ignore my own experiences in this.

The sad truth is that most of the times I heard such melodramtic claims, it didn't take they major tests (like the ones Feldon put forward) to prove them empty. A lot of the time, some fairly mundane change in lifestyle, such as one of the loving couple going off to a new school or having a holiday somewhere, caused the romnace to quietly fizzle and die.

I'm not saying this will happen to you. I do not know you or you lover and have no way to predict the future. I'm just saying that I have seen it happen many many times, and I'd be a fool to ignore my experience.

Of course, I could turn out to be wrong. If so, I'll learn something new and the next time I deal with a person in your situation I'll be able to factor in my new experience. That's how wisdom grows over time.

4. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

When you have a relationship that will last, you know, you can feel it in your bones. I KNOW that this will last. When a problem does come up it can usually be solved, that and there is too much history between us to sweat the small stuff.

5. Gonk

Gonk New Member

Hm, there are people who feel that in their bones every weekend. Then they sober up.

6. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

Our love will last, I KNOW it, I am more sure of it than I am of anything else.

7. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Remember you said that when she's got fluid in her legs, is 150 kg and spends all day on the couch.

As for your suicide comments - BIG FUCKING DEAL!!! Oh no, I was depressed, I met this girl then everything changed, and know I'm all better. Get real moron, everyone has contemplated suicide seriously at one point in their life. If I didn't want to cause pain to everyone I know, I'd have committed suicide a long time ago, just to see what death was like. I'm kinda curious as to what's on the other side of life.

Wake up from this dream. If I knew you, I'd have made bets as well.

8. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

Jari, what is your problem, I love her, she did truly save my life. Without her I wouldve been dead 2 years ago.

9. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Good for her I suppose.

As for me, I am cynical, pessimistic and a realist. Often to the frustrations of others. I tend to be right about some things, but I'm usually glad when I'm wrong because that usually means that everything worked out for the better.

So if this relationship of yours does work out, I'll be as happy for you as anyone, but if it doesn't...

I think that human nature will win in the end though, and your 'relationship' will end in liposuction, divorce and a nasty incident involving buttermilk ice cream and a woman from the typing pool.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jarinor on 2002-02-11 10:44 ]</font>

10. Quethim

Quethim New Member

I read none of this so what is it a bout?

11. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

Incase Of Fire In Dynamite Storage Room, Please Pick Up The Red Phone And Dial 1-800-YOUR-SCREWED And Scream Once, Thank You says:
    Thats me

Life.. is but a lie. says: Thats her

Life.. is but a lie. says:
    i love you... *keeps close toyou, my arms around you, hugging happily*
    Incase Of Fire In Dynamite Storage Room, Please Pick Up The Red Phone And Dial 1-800-YOUR-SCREWED And Scream Once, Thank You says:
    **Holds you close to me** I love you too
    *smiles happily up to you, snuggled in closely*
    **Holds you close and in my arms, smiling down into your eyes*
    *lost in the perfection i see in your eyes..i gaze...smileing up to you... my arms around you, snuggled in so close to you*
    **He holds you so very close, loving you with all his heart and soul, loving everything about you**
    *she could easyly sit here for hours on end...maybe even days and talk about him, how wonderful he is, and how much she loves him.... but all that and more is shown in her eyes as she looks into his own*
    **He could simply look at her untill his eyes melted, he would sit by her bedside and gaze at her beautifull sleeping face and hold her hand, where his life rests**
    *... melts so happily in his arms at the pure beauty of the words he just spoke*
    **Holds her so very close, loving her so very much**
    *she gently kisses his cheek and whispers in his ear softly* i love you...
    **Hugs tightly, holding you close, returning the whisper with a kiss on the cheek** I love you too
    *her heart...feeling as if its about to brust from the love it contains she smiles happily up to him, lostin the beauty of his eyes, of him*
    **he loves her, he loves no one but her, his heart is hers and hers alone, she is part of him, nothing can change that, he would never leave her or ignore her for the world**
    *he is her love, her life. she made a promise to stand by him, and she will never brake it, always and forever she will be there for him, to help him, to love him*
    **Never would he let any earthly problem come between thier love, her loves her too much to walk away or to loose her**
    *as dose she... she would never let anything come between them. he will forever come frist in her heart*

Now do you honestly think love like that will ever die?? Me and her are madly, deeply, passionately in love, nothing will ever change that.

12. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Um, considering I couldn't be bothered to take the time to decipher your weirdly written conversation/love story from first person view (which is a really bad way to write by the way, the way you've done it), I would have to say:

YES!!!

I think you will break up. When, I do not know. How, I do not know. Why, well, probably because that battery may be charged now, but even Energizer batteries don't last forever.

Besides, I thought you said you were separated by the Pacific Ocean, or something like that. Chances are, while you might remain loyal, she won't. I don't doubt that one of you will find someone else, you go back for a reunion, because she's kept the facade up, figuring you'll never see her again, and you see either:

1) The new boyfriend on her arm at the airport.

2) Ring on fourth finger of her left hand.

3) The new boyfriend at her home.

4) Ring of fourth finger of her left hand with her new boyfriend on her arm at the airport.

5) Woman on her arm at the airport (it could happen!).

The fact is, I have many things on my side (such as facts, statistics and various other peoples anecdotes) while you have your infatuation, er, "true love" on yours. Did I mention human nature was on mine? I forgot that - it is.

13. Quethim

Quethim New Member

You people right too much usless stuff.Wait I was the one who started all of the usless stuff.Oh well carry on.

14. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

Something happend to her when she was a child. Now she nolonger trusts anyone. Anyone but me, she is too affraid of guys to flirt and she is too affraid to let them flirt with her. And I fully intend not to even look at annother woman as long as she is aroud.

15. Sheriff Fatman

Yeayea, your devotion and loyalty are admirable and I see no reason to replace them with anything less idealistic. Ideals are worth striving for.

Just make sure that you're not defining yourself through your relationship to the lady. Dependency relationships are ultimately destructive to everyone involved.

Love should not replace, or even be used to prop-up, self-esteem. Your relationship should not become the only thing for which you live. The tragic truth is that the purity and completeness of your love does not make either of you immune from physical accident. While you may be (for some irrational reason) prepared to say "If my love was run over by a bus tomorrow, I'd happily kill myself," you might want to consider that you could be the one to get run over. If your friend becomes so involved in your relationship that all other things are excluded, the aftermath (whether caused by break-up, accident or something else) could be unnecessarily painful for her.

Currently you appear to be revelling in the strength of your emotions. Would you still be happy to do this self-indulgently, even if it increases the chance that the person you love will suffer increased pain in the future?

It is possible to have a deep and complete love while both people still retain a sense of self-worth and joy for life in general.

16. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

This relationship is the only thing that keeps me alive. Without her, I have no will to live,no strength at all. She is first on my priority list. My own well-being is lower on the list than her. No matter what, no matter when, Emily is ALWAYS first.

17. Sheriff Fatman

What film is that a line from? I know I've seen it :ponder:

Seriously Yeayea, get over it. You're not doing Emily or yourself any favours with all this melodrama.

The strength of your comments is disconcerting. I don't find such passion hard to accept, but I do find it hard to accept your need to convince this forum of the strength of your feelings. If you're love is as real as you say it is, you shouldn't need to talk it up to strangers.

18. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Thou art a lovesick puppy who needs to be put down.

Seriously, if she is the only reason you live, have you considered the rest of the family? If she dies in a freak accident, and then you commit suicide, do you know what:

1) What a waste that would be of your life? There's usually something to live for, even if you can't see it yet. This is coming from me as well.

2) The rest of your family. Do you really want to put them through such a pathetic sequence of events? "Oh no, my first girlfriend has died, the world's gonna end!"

Seriously, get over her. No one is that important in anyone's life. Listen to what Fatman has to say - he's usually right about this stuff (in my experience with him anyway).

Speaking of you Fatman, how's Lysa?

19. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

BAM!!!! That right there.. That was the nail in the coffin for me.

YeaYea, you seem to be a very sensitive individual. Very compassionate. However, I NEVER knew what true love was until I married my wife. And THIS love grows deeper every day. "When you truly love someone, you have to be able to let them go. If they come back to you, then it was meant to be. If they don't they weren't yours in the first place."

Ok, with that thought in mind, let me tell a little story. In high school I was madly "in love" with a beautiful girl. I would have done anything for her. But now, looking back I realize it was just puppy love. Or lust. Or hormones or whatever. We still remain close friends but the love I feel for my wife is so much stronger and deeper, yet more free than the "love" I had for my high school crush.

YeaYea, no one doubts your feelings. We've all felt them before. Some of us felt them for girls, some of us felt them for sheep. *cough* Feldon.. *cough*

Now, remember that saying I quoted? (Don't remember who said it) About loving someone and letting them go? That saying never made sense to me and I even dismissed it when I was in "love" with my high school crush. I HATED THAT SAYING!! However, now that I am married and truly in love, that saying makes perfect sense..... Think on that for a while.

Oh, and YeaYea, if you are truly in love, why are you being so adamant about it when people are hesistant to believe it?

P.S. I forgot the whole reason I started this post. About never looking at another woman? Bullshit. My wife knows nothing on earth will stop me from looking at other women. I am a male. It's in my nature. However, NO ONE makes me feel the way she does, and my job, is to let her know that.

*steps down off soapbox*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: retard on 2002-02-12 00:06 ]</font>

20. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Lysa probably already locked sheriff in their basement, and she is the one talking to us now... At least, it makes sense to me.

Our Host!