Howdy from forum newbie

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by papa_dog_1999, Aug 24, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

That may be, but essentially you've been called a douchebag and instead of ignoring it as the insignificant comment it is, you called him an intellectly-lacking meanie. That didn't do much to stop the chain of events.

I think everyone needs to calm down: I come back here to a week-long flame roast of some new overly-erudite noob who occasionally talks like he has a stick in his ass, which essentially devolves into people I would expect to behave better helping to derail every thread on the board into a Garm bashfest. Come on dudes, let this die, there's other shit we could be wasting our time with.

2. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

3. GarmGarf

GarmGarf New Member

Exactly.

I seriously can't believe so many of y'all wasted your time and attention on me. I'm not worth it.

I shouldn't be a "main character" of this forum; I should just be one of the extras.

4. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

Did you enjoy that peepee suck Blinky?

Anyway, when have I ever been able to let it lie when anybody makes even one pointedly worthless post? This guy has flooded the GD with them day after day.

I think he must be a reincarnation of Charles.

5. GarmGarf

GarmGarf New Member

What Blinky said I agree with, I mean it's so correct, but I appreciate the attention, Japes. Everything is about me, after all.

6. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Oh dear god, why doesn't we ban him?

We did it once, why can't we do it twice?

And Garfield, grow a backbone and Get The Fuck Out of here.

7. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

This has grown old. Just fucking ignore it and move on to the next topic. Like wobblers grammar, for instance. Or something else. I am in favour of banning it, of course, but since it's "rational", the mods/admins won't and we're stuck with it.

So how'd you all fancy the Olympic games? My favourite part was the Taekwondo, where one of the fighters kicked the shit out of the Swedish judge. Boom headshot, or smack headshot, or something. Great entertainment.

8. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    It reminded me of Boot to the Head by the Frantics.

9. Wolfsbane

Good God, I haven't laughed that hard for a long time. Fucking beautiful.

10. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Here's another one. Same skit, but done in World of Warcraft. Very well done.

11. GarmGarf

GarmGarf New Member

I haven't watched any of the Olympic games, but I do listen to the radio, and apparently Ireland did well in boxing.

I think we won a silver in one of divisions, but our competitor believes the judge was unfair. :/

12. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I wound up not watching the Olympics. Initially I was going to do it out of protest because of Tibet, but then I realized I didn't care enough to watch the Olympics, even if I wasn't protesting Tibet, and then went to bed. I'ven't ever been one who derived much interest/enjoyment from watching the Olympics, so it wasn't a huge loss to me. I guess I just don't understand it. What about the rest of you?

13. GarmGarf

GarmGarf New Member

Yeah, actually, I couldn't really care less about watching the Olympics.

In fact, I'm really the same about any sport, besides StarCraft, lol. I enjoy watching replays of that! :D

In fact, an English speaking Youtube commentator of the Korean StarCraft tournaments is Irish.

But anyways, so yeah, it's nice to hear about your country wining medals, but watching, well I think I'll pass on that; it ain't my cup of tea.

14. Silvara

Silvara New Member

I didn't tune in specially to watch the Olympics, but if I'm already in front of the TV they can be interesting to watch - some of the competitions, at least. Gymnastics are quite enjoyable, and I also liked the swimming competition I happened to catch (which might be more due to the fact that it was Phelps' chance at getting that eigth gold medal; I usually find swimming a somewhat boring sport to watch, though relay competitions are not that bad). Plus it's the only good thing on TV at 2am...

15. GarmGarf

GarmGarf New Member

Actually, speaking of that, gymnastics wouldn't be so boring to watch as some of the other sports I reckon.

I mean, with something like rowing, it's just the same thing over and over. Ok, it may be interesting and competitive and all for the rowers, but for me as a viewer, I'd just rather watch it in fast forward speed.

Gymnastics however, well the athletes there are doing something new every second, if I can recall correctly. Interesting enough indeed.

16. Wolfsbane

Speaking of rowing, I watched the K500 and K1000. These guys are making their boats go faster than bicykles. The english guy who won one of the competitions was awesome.

17. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

I did not watch all the things of the Olympics, only the hockey women finale, and the water polo of the women finale. Has anyone also saw the end ceremony of the Olympics? Now that must have cost a fortune and organisation to create such such big ceremony.

18. Wolfsbane

I've never seen any of the ceremonies, no. It's not the ceremonies that interest me.

19. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Van Kouverdeen really fucked up.

Also, I watched it the whole way through with that feature on the TV that lets you view two channels. People may think the French channel is useless to English-speaking individuals, but they'd be WRONG.

I think this is probably the best Olympics in a long, long time.

My favorite part was when the Swedish wrestler dropped his bronze medal and was all "Fuck this, I wanted Gold". And then his coach said it was "all politics". What a dumb comment, considering HUNGARY AND ITALY won Silver and Gold. I mean really, if it was all politics, they'd have told Hungary and Italy to climb off the podium so they could give the medals to USA and China, and Sweden would still be a bronze.

Our Host!