How do I get over mountains on world map?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Archea47, Mar 7, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

2. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Whatever you think matters or not doesn't mean shit. You don't double post. That's the rules, obey them.

*grabs the good ol' bat*
    *pounds someone's head*

3. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Yeah, your screwed. Arcanum is notorious for being buggy. From reading your other posts and bug reports I'd suggest at lest a 'repair' if not a clean install, maybe without any mods.

Any disappearing NPC's or followers getting pissed for no particular reason? Maybe your patch didn't take.

4. Archea47

Archea47 New Member

Nope, everything has been working perfectly as far as I can tell except for this problem and the altar problem. Well and it runs real slow but it did that even with the demo

5. Maximus

Maximus New Member

I had similar problems when I first got the game and played it unpatched. Of course, I was using an archaic machine with no memory to speak of. 486 rocks! ...or is a rock?

The Tarant slowdown was the worst though, right past the Alchemists on the main street. I think its all the moving people in the cities, and the CPU trying to deal with it all? Dunno, but it sucks.

Do you have enough memory onboard? If so, make sure your virtual memory size is big enough to allow caching on your hard drive.

6. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

I've never, ever, had any problems with slow down in Tarant. But that's 'cause my computer's a fine piece of ass.

7. Archea47

Archea47 New Member

I have a 3.2ghz intel and a 128 mb ati card, slow as hell when theres lots of fire etc on the screen. I can run Battlefield 2 on high visuals which is outrageously demanding and it runs pretty well, counter strike on 1280x800 (widescreen) and runs over 40 fps in the hariest of battles

I only have 512 mb of ram but that should be plenty for this game. Upgrading from the 4200rpm harddrive to my 7200 rpm hard drive made very little difference. What is strange is sometimes when I play it runs perfectly, but 80% of the time its slow (and nearly nothing else that isnt windows apps running)

8. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

I have right about the same, 'cept that I have 1 gig in ram.

9. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

I don't know how your computer is having a problem. I've got 2.9 gigahertz, 256 megs of ram, a 64 meg video card, and a virus I can't get rid of. Arcanum runs like Gump for me. Maybe YOU have a virus!

Our Host!