How do I get over mountains on world map?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Archea47, Mar 7, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

2. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Well, I'm paying by the minute, too, and I've got no problems whatsoever to avoid duoble-posting. But hey, you do the best you can.

3. Archea47

Archea47 New Member

Now that I'm back to 2.5 megabit ALL SHALL DIE

The issue was that I was picking it up off wireless a building over from the source and the wireless network speed would jump from 54mbit to 1mbit to 54mbit to nothing and oftentimes would stop loading pages halfway through and I would have to click again. Didn't mean to be an annoyance

I started a new guy, mage. I have magnus with me and we are about to confront the schyulers, but I can't seem to get magnus not to try and kill them (and he kills all 3 of em with the equipment I mounted up on him). Up top someone said it turns out it wasn't his family, can you convince him of that while you are there or should I just have him leave the party while I talk, then let him exact his vengance?

BTW: comma rules, I beheaded the mayor of black root - showed him not to pay his taxes :thumbup:

4. Wolfsbane

5. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

1024/128kbps ADSL. Without any traffic restrictions. ~30 euro / month. Plus the phone line (but we need it anyway). I download an average of ~4..5GB each day.

Nyeh heh heh heh :p

6. mathboy

mathboy New Member

100 mb/s down, 10 mb/s up, no traffic restrictions, 33.08 euro per month!

7. Wolfsbane

Jesus Christ!

But then again, I live on a farm in the middle of nowhere.

8. Maximus

Maximus New Member

2Mb ADSL both ways and I get dropped all the time!

Whoo hoo, and I'm paying for it too, 20 GBP a month
    for a friggin year!

I miss my sat uplink.... :sad2:

9. Archea47

Archea47 New Member

Hey guys,

found out the magnus question myself, just had to walk out of the joint. I also wasted bates, you can still get teach to give you passage for money and everyone throughout arcanum (outside of the newspaper) mentions it at the inns etc

QUICK QUESTION: how do you unsummon a familiar?

10. Archea47

Archea47 New Member

nevermind, I searched the forum and found disperse magic works :)

11. Wolfsbane

12. Archea47

Archea47 New Member

Ah, that is what you meant by double post. I thought you were saying I was clicking submit too many times

What's it matter if I do that in a thread I started, and is pretty much me asking questions of others? It's not like I am doing disrespect to the person requesting information - and besides I've seen a few responses searching the boards here where people say they didn't bother to read a post because it was too long. Don't get me wrong, I could see being aggitated were I doing it in your thread :)

Sorry for misunderstanding your meaning of double posting. I thought you were referring to posting the same message twice in a row

13. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

7 megabytes a second at 60 bucks a month. That includes TV and telephone.. I rule you.
    The whole double posting thing is about wasting space. Wait for someon to respond, then talk. Or, if you feel you have more to say, then just edit a previous post of yours.
    Plus, you can't unsummon a familiar. It has to die.

14. Archea47

Archea47 New Member

If you read my last "double post" you can do so with disperse magic ... I guess you could call that dying :)

An update on wasting Bates, I bought his house for 50,000 and got into the thieves underground for it. Once in a while I get a guy hunting me in the wilderness for it, once in a while a criminal congradulates me.

Also, the castle in Roseburough (not sure what it's called, I believe that's it) - whenever I try the door to enter the game just stops, no loading etc. If I go to menu and return the screen is black and just draws without clearning the mouse, if I alt tab out and return the game crashed in XPs usual mannor. Conveniently, I can still load the game if I don't press anything after it semi-freezes when trying the front door

15. Wolfsbane

16. Grossenschwamm

I don't know who disperse magick works for, but it sure as hell never worked for me. I always had to seperate myself from the rest of the party and get surrounded by a group of high level monsters, and then just let the familiar try to kill everything. After I got tired of that, I just loaded to a save I had made before summoning a familiar, which just happened to be in Dernholm.

17. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Try updating directX or your drivers; or just avoid the Roseborough Inn altogether. There's only a few minor subquests in there anyways.

...And Bates is a gonner! I need somewhere else to stash my loot and the Shylers dungeon bites.

18. Archea47

Archea47 New Member

I am all up to date, it doesn't even try to load when i click the door. I do have the comprehensive ship mod, and the true 1.7.0.4

19. Grossenschwamm

I just ran into a strange problem in Roseborough myself: I walked east to a certain point, then the ground disappears and then just starts repeating itself. After I left Roseborough and decided to go back down to caladon, to the Panarii temple (My third playthrough), and I was stopped by the Molochean hand. The entire screen went black, then it just shut down.
    As for your troubles, I have as much an explanation for that as I do for my own; Nada.

20. Wolfsbane

Our Host!