HELP ME PLEASE,.EXPERTS!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Coldwolf, Jul 20, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Coldwolf

Coldwolf New Member

:) I'm new here,.well on this forum.
    I played before 1-2 years Arcanum and i come to the end maybe 5 times.

now,. i want to play arcanum again,.cause this is so great game,the greatest rpg ever.

what do I need from you. can someone please collect all the official pathes and post the links here on this topic.

the second request is ,. i heard about the mod where you can get over 50 level and continue to level up til,.75 or something like this.
    i'm very intrested in this mod.
    so can anyone give me the link for that

or ,.better solution,. just please if you have time send me all those pathes and mods on email Matija.Vuk@public.CARNet.hr
    anyway thank you. :)

and,. if there's more good mods,.just tell me here, :)

I want to start playing arcanum with uber-tehno dwarf ,.any suggestions ?

2. Coldwolf

Coldwolf New Member

3. Neo

Neo New Member

You can find the latest patch as well as some mods on the main sites download section.

also, you might try www.google.com and search "arcanum mods" ;)

-Neo

4. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Hello there, Coldwolf. Neo's been right as regards what he told you, so try looking for the patches, even though I think you only need the latest, in this site.
    And remember that the Search Tool doesn't bite. It may look bitchy, but it works fine.

5. Coldwolf

Coldwolf New Member

k ,.tnx

btw,. if I gice the ring to someone,. (sell it to ristezze, or give it to halfling in shrouded hills,.) before when i played Arcanum i never leave ring and i carry him up to the G.Bates.

so what will happen if I sell,give or leave somewhere ring and i cant find it anymore ??

how can story than go foward,. ?

6. Nukenin

Nukenin New Member

I believe if you sell the ring or otherwise discard it, you are presented with options to [describe the ring] rather than [show the ring]. So you can still proceed.

However, I usually keep the ring as well until I see Bates, so I've not tested this fully.

7. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Ristezze is a nice option for when Bates doesn't offer to buy his ring. Now, I don't know why that happens. Could he be waiting for you to give it to him for free?

8. Neo

Neo New Member

i dunno, he's always offered to buy it from me <shrug>

-Neo

9. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Maybe my G.B. is going soft in the head and forgets to ask me for the ring.

10. Neo

Neo New Member

by any chance was he unhappy with you?

He may be old but with chukka next to him he has some balls, a lil too much back talk and he's ready to throw down with you bare fisted, at which point i don't think he is too worried about the ring.

one time i told him i wanted to keep the ring and he beat my ass :p

-Neo

11. Baal

Baal New Member

I don’t think it was a glitch but it was pretty funny anyway. In the beginning of the game I got the grenades that are in the cave, I stupidly gave them to Virgil. When we left the cave he tried to throw a grenade at a wolf and blew him self up :lol: , the whole threw the pin and dropped the grenade bit.

12. Neo

Neo New Member

yea lol, he did the same thing when i gave him some dynamite to hold, out of nowhere we all just blew up while standing there after a fight.

we fought some wolves and i was just waiting for some of virgils FT to refil for the next round and BOOM!!!!!

my guess is he tossed it at a wolf right before we killed them, then the timer went slowly by while we just sat there lol

so i dont give virgil explosives anymore, he gets all "extreamist" on me and tries to go to paradise a lil earlier than expected ;)

i also remember the first time i found that fireflash medalion, the hexed one. i went and talked to that guy in willoughsby's office about assassinating the king, after telling him no he attacked and was easily cleaved in half, then EVERYONE blew up. at first i thought he bombed the place, he was a terrorist afterall! i thought it was an awsome part of the game.

but then i started blowing up after every fight and coulnt figure out why, then i finally realized it was the fireflash DOT medallion i was wearing :roll:

now i wish that guy really did blow everyone up, was an awsome suprise ;)

-Neo

13. Bunny

Bunny New Member

No, he had a very nice green ring under his feet.

(BTW, nice avatar, Neo, it was time you picked one :thumbup: )

And Virgil is a lame adventurer, he likes to try everything, but he's soooo stupid at times... He'll use hexed items, blow himself up, miss, miss and critically miss. So he's not very useful till he reaches lvl 20 or so...

And yet I'm not sure if he's useful after that... ^_^.

14. Neo

Neo New Member

ahhh i see, thats strange about bates...

and thanks about the avatar, i acctually thought after my rank improved i could add my own avatar, but instead i realized i simply had to choose one so i did. :p

virgils main problem with melee in dungeons is that he never even gets apprentice status, so he always sufferes those lighting penalties.
    But after he lvls up some and gets more melee points, at least he does improve some.

ever since i changed his lvling scheme to give him 12 str around lvl 25 instead of staying at 9 that also helped a whole lot since he can weild a few more weapons.

-Neo

15. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Yeah, the problem with good old Virgil is his strength, he never reaches a decent level to wield a decent weapon.

16. Neo

Neo New Member

agreed, but give him ressurect, a bit more STR and he owns :p

-Neo

17. Nukenin

Nukenin New Member

I've discovered that if you ask Bates questions (is it true you did not invent the steam engine, Molochean hand, etc), you may never get the dialogue option to give him the ring.

So after his initial exposé, I immediately tell him I'll set out to learn the fate of the BMC, and then get the dialogue option for him wanting his ring back. I give it back, and then proceed to ask the questions.

18. Coldwolf

Coldwolf New Member

Hey,. i went to the Azram's Star location,. and ,.now I dont know what to do,. can anyone post the walktrought for this quest of retrieving the Azram's Star ?

19. Coldwolf

Coldwolf New Member

20. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Well, basically you need
    1) Throwing skill
    2) A boomerang (or any throwing weapon with a decent range)
    3) Lots of patience... <-- This can be replaced by sheer dumb luck or a walkthrough.
    You have to hit the torches with your throwing weapon; some will open doors (the small ones) and some will teleport you to new locations within the limits of your quest zone.
    ***Remember to save every time you get to the right place, otherwise it's a pain in the ass.***

Our Host!