Help me in creating my new pure mage

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Raziell777, Mar 11, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Raziell777

Raziell777 New Member

This time I decided to be one of those pure mages who use only magic as their primary attack.So,that means that I must rise my WP and INT,as well as CONT.But,in what skills should I invest? I think that melee,bow,throw and all tech skills are useless for a pure magic maniac.But,I'm not sure. Social skills are useless as combat skills because this time I'm playing so evil,so I don't need gamble,hagle(I'll kill anybody for a somekind of armor and scrolls)and heal(Virgil is my walking nurse).SO,the main problem about this issue is: IN WHAT SHOULD I INVEST TO BE A POWERFUL MAGE?????

2. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

black necro, force, temporal and conveyance will make you pretty unstoppable

3. Raziell777

Raziell777 New Member

No, I focused on a 3 specific magic colleges:
    necro black,fire elemental and force.My mage is only level 8 and he has:
    WP 15
    CON 11
    necro-first 3
    force -first one
    fire - first one
    But,when I reach level 20 I'll gain all that spells and that means that I'll have plenty of points to invest somewhere.But where.In skills? More colleges? In primary stats(dex,str,con,ch,int..)? Or in mana and health?

4. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

primary stats would be a good idea, more specifically dex, int and con. never put points into health and mana it's a waste, put them into con and int instead you get a double benefit. i highly recomend temporal it comes in very useful with movement and attacks during battle

5. ThreeDogs

ThreeDogs New Member

Make sure to get the 3rd lvl fire spell the fire ball. The area of affect aspect lets you rack up the exp fast. also don't go beyond 12 in con each point only give you 2 fp. once you are lvl 30 or so buying fp directly gives you 4. the only benifit con will give you is a faster fp recovery rate and you will be using potions by that time.

Our Host!