HELP: character creation

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by DArkdeaththing14, Mar 7, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DArkdeaththing14

DArkdeaththing14 New Member

HEllo
    I want to have a strong firearms expert with a VERY large technology catagory

I really would like to be able to learn the skills quickly

Also
    Should i give virgil a gun? I think it would be cool or i could give him the scheme for Doc roberts for healing.

WHere is the friggen mech gun?

2. toller

toller New Member

Add points to firearms and PE perception. Suggest intellegence to make things and dexterity if you need to swing a sword. Add to strength to carry more and heal quicker.

Virgil can use a firearm but he will get damage because he doesn't have firearms skill.

Worning: In my experience not enough bullets in the game so plan on making your own bullets.

3. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Ok, some tips that haven't yet been mentioned:

1)Don't make your own guns, it's a waste of character points. Take Vollinger for a follower (he can make repeater rifles) and rely on the good guns you can steal or make from the found schematics.
    2)Do not wear helmets, they decrease Perception. Use Eye Gear as soon as avaliable. If you don't the Eye Gear's +2PE boost anymore, put on a Miner's Helmet or a Chapeu of Magnetic inversion for more protection. They do not obstruct vision.
    3)The fat halfling in the park in Tarant (the one that keeps insulting you) has a Hand Cannon. If your Strength is 8 or more, use a Fate point to steal it, it is the best all-around mid-game gun.
    4)The gunsmith in Tarant has a Sharoshooter's Pistol. If you have a gun toting follower like Vollinger, use a Fate Point to steal it too. It has an accuracy bonus and will be useful in the dungeons for characters with low Perception.
    5)You NEED Jayna Stiles as a follower. She makes elixirs that boost up your stats like ST, DX and PE.
    6)The Firearms Master in Ashbury has a Looking Glass Rifle. If you want to later make a Tesla Gun- the coolest and one of the most powerful guns in the game- steal the LGR
    7)Take Sebastian as a follower as soon as avaliable. He is a gunslinger and can make and throw grenades.
    8)When looking for schematics, check out the blacksmith's shop as well. He sometimes sells schematics for the Blade Launcher- my favorite among the big guns. It's just as powerful, yet cheaper in maintenance than the Mech Gun or the Tesla Gun.
    9)Don't listen to toller. There IS more than enough bullets in the game. Just buy them everywhere you see them, on every arrival to every town and from every gunsmith, blacksmith or general store. I never make bullets, yet my ammo supply is usually in the thousands. However, do check your ammo sometimes when using the Mech gun. I usually make a follower with especially high ST carry all the bullets with me all the time- but you might not be able to resupply from him if you're already in the middle of the fight.
    10)Start off with the Educator background. All three gunslinger followers are slow to shoot because they don't have an Apprentice status in Firearms. The Educator background will allow you to teach them up to the Expert status- at the cost of having one follower less (I usually give up on all non-free magic followers and all ogres, as useful as they are. Saying goodbye to Waromon is the hardest part :( )
    11)If you want a Tesla gun, buy all charges you can find just like you buy bullets. There may be enough bullets for your needs, but the charges do tend to be in a somewhat short supply. Tip: Also buy every Electrolyte solution you find. You can make 50 charges out of each Solution. The Tesla will consume them in 8 shots though.

4. DArkdeaththing14

Thx that will help me alot.
    But also should i get rid of virgil or should i keep him?
    Wothless mUTt?

5. DArkdeaththing14

also wat do you mean MAKE a follower to carry all your ammo?

Last time i downloaded something i got 23 viruses

6. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Do as you please. If you're going tech you won't have much use of his magickal healing, however he IS the most fleshed out NPC in terms of story, so...

A dog you can find in Ashbury. A gnome is kicking him dead outside the hostelry, so you must rush there and save the dog before he dies. The dog does not take any follower slots, and fights like the devil, so you want it.

7. Solaris

Solaris New Member

1)Choose a follower
    2)Dump all the spare ammo into his inventory
    3)Make sure he follows youand that he isn't encumbered beyond "medium".
    :roll:

Our Host!