Help, Bunkie declared war on me!

Discussion in 'CyberNations Archive' started by DarkUnderlord, Oct 7, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Telcontar

Telcontar Well-Known Member

I have to admit though, since I have lost affluent population not only has my happyness increased but also my daily tax amount has by a few thousand.

2. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Welp, I took a Foreign Aid offer of $10k and 272 Soldiers from Al Tira (Lyonheart). Deployed as much as I could overseas and attacked Bunkie... to no avail. I'm actually a little concerned that Bunkie has a larger population than mine, meaning I believe he technically has the resources to outlast me and win.
    • You have been attacked by Bunkie. You lost 49 soldiers and 0 tanks. You killed 67 soldiers and 0 tanks. Their forces razed 0.470 miles of your land, stole 0.000 technology, and destroyed 0.501 infrastructure. Their forces looted $17.99 from you and you gained $0.00 in your enemy's abandoned equipment. In the end the battle was a Defeat.

You have been attacked by Bunkie. You lost 61 soldiers and 0 tanks. You killed 12 soldiers and 0 tanks. Their forces razed 0.451 miles of your land, stole 0.000 technology, and destroyed 0.481 infrastructure. Their forces looted $25.90 from you and you gained $0.00 in your enemy's abandoned equipment. In the end the battle was a Defeat.

My counter-attack was abysmal:
    • Battle Outcome: Defeat
      Iboloral Casualties: 80 soldiers / 0 tanks
      Perfidy Casualties: 9 soldiers / 0 tanks
      Battle Details: Your forces fought bravely but were decisively defeated in battle. There were no land spoils of war captured in this battle. There was no infrastructure destroyed in this battle. There was no technology stolen in this battle. The value of your equipment abandoned in the battle was $1,010.26. Your forces looted $0.00 from the nation of Perfidy.

Battle Outcome: Defeat
      Iboloral Casualties: 63 soldiers / 0 tanks
      Perfidy Casualties: 9 soldiers / 0 tanks
      Battle Details: Your forces fought bravely but were decisively defeated in battle. There were no land spoils of war captured in this battle. There was no infrastructure destroyed in this battle. There was no technology stolen in this battle. The value of your equipment abandoned in the battle was $909.24. Your forces looted $0.00 from the nation of Perfidy.
    I bought technology afterwards, realising that perhaps I should've done that before I attacked. What's the trick to victory? Is there one? How long can my country last in anarchy with -12 happiness? I can only take one more foreign aid offer before I have to wait 7 days.

By the way, this is all some-what fun!

My Current Nation State as of this moment:
    • Government Type: Anarchy (Next Available Change 10/11/2006)
      Your people approve of this form of government but the majority of your people would prefer something else. They desire a government of strong central powers that will reside over issues such as national defense, disaster relief, and foreign affairs.

National Religion: [Hinduism] (Next Available Change 10/9/2006)
      Your people approve of this national religion but the majority of your people would prefer something else. They desire a religion that follows divine scriptures.

Infrastructure: 11.54
      Technology: 3.14
      Tax Rate: 10%
      Area of Influence: 14.182 mile diameter.
      11.367 from purchases/sales/gains, 2.815 from natural growth.
      War/Peace Preference: War is an option for Iboloral.
      My Resources: [Sugar] [Uranium]
      Connected Resources: [Cattle] [Pigs] [Sugar] [Uranium]
      Bonus Resources: None
      Improvements: No improvements purchased.
      Global Radiation: 1.06
      Environment: [Your nation's environment needs minor cleanup. A cleaner enviornment will lead to increased and happier citizen counts.] 6.06

_:. Military Information
      Nation Strength: 127.449
      Nation Rank: Ranked #16,144 of 20,868 nations
      Efficiency: 25.49
      DEFCON Level: 1 - Maximum military readiness.
      Number of Soldiers: 159
      Number of Tanks: 0
      Number of Cruise Missiles: 0
      Number of Nuclear Weapons: 0

_:. Population Information
      Total Population: 329 Supporters
      Primary Ethnic Group: Albanian
      Population Happiness: [Your population is furious.] -12.42
      Population Per Mile: 23.18 Population Per Mile.
      Military Personnel: 159 Soldiers
      Citizens: 170 Working Citizens
      Avg. Gross Income Per Individual Per Day: $10.00 (A very weak economy)
      Avg. Individual Income Taxes Paid Per Day $1.00
      Avg. Net Daily Population Income (After Taxes) $9.00
      _:. Government Financial
      Current Dollars Available: $36.84 (Surplus)
    Would it be better to counter-attack in future or take a boat-load of soldiers in Foreign Aid and play a purely defensive game (IE: Wait for him to attack me) or what?

Which is a question I need to ask. Given I'm PM'ing Maximus... How did I find out about the Grey Council? Maximus asked me one day or...?

3. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

You were approached via an in game PM by Maximus.

I'll give your strategy some thought.

4. Telcontar

Vorak, shall I PM him with a threat. I did the same when Frigo was at war and he offered peace.

5. Vorak

No, look at the official GC thread.

6. Telcontar

Geez, sorry. By the way I am about to be re-masked from the NPO so I can apply to be an ambassador.

7. DarkUnderlord

Wait, what's in the GC thread? I know Bunkie said I could kiss his ass to me. Did he say anything else when Maximus threatened him?

On further reading, I also see that my nation can't actually be destroyed, no matter how much I lose? If that's the case, I could just wait until my strength drops below 50% of Bunkie's, wait for the war to expire and slowly rebuild. Is that how wars are "won"?

I've been offered foreign aid from Comrade Chavez of the Grey Council of $7,332.78 Dollars, 0.00 Tech and 344 Soldiers. It's the last offer I can accept for 7 days. Should I take it? I had hoped for something like $60k and 1000 troops. Blow the cash on Infrastructure to match Bunkie, as much technology as I can and then reap the benefits of kicking Bunkie's arse. How likely is that to happen?

That's not likely to happen at all, is it? :( Of course, I could always donate $20... I'd still need the soldiers to be donated though because with a working population of 169, I can't buy as many as Bunkie can. I presume that because I'm already at war, the increase in my strength wouldn't prevent me form attacking him until the time limit expired. Though that strategy would also run the risk of attracting higher level players to have a go at me (I'm guessing there are a bunch would take the chance to beat up on someone who used the donation to win a war).

8. Telcontar

Well DU I have up to 1000 soldiers I can give to you free of charge. Just say if you need them at all. I do not know though I mean you have allies which can crush this idiot and hence accept the 300 soldiers. If you were alone then I would of taken the 1000. Even if you get slaughtered we will all help you become revived.

9. Vorak

You would have gotten a bigger foreign aid offer but unfortunately our 4 biggest nations were attacked and 2 of them were nuked, we've pulled though but its cost a lot.

10. DarkUnderlord

Okay, I'll take the 300, blow the cash on Tech and see what happens. :crossesfingers:

\/\/00t. -19.33 happiness and $30 in debt. Seems 610 Soldiers vs 181 Working Citizens is a bad ratio. :p Oh well, I'll wear the pain and see what happens tomorrow. The soldiers I have should be enough defence for Bunkie's attack tonight and a counter-attack tomorrow... We'll see.

It's put my strength to within an earshot of his though. Purfidy: 187.336 vs Iboloral: 176.649

11. Telcontar

Plus you have backup. Open up a can of whoop ass on him. Does he have an alliance?

12. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Well that sucks, I just sent some aid to Maximus to send to you.
    Around 7 tech and 300 some soldiers.
    Bunkie is not in any alliance.

13. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Well, so much for that idea. We were going to pool up resources for you DU, so you could have the tech to stomp on him. You're getting clobbered because he probably has more tech than you.

Is there anyone else within range of bunky? What we need is to tag team him.

Gross, I'll canx the FA if theres no way to get it to him.

//EDIT: He's locked up, so I cancelled it. Well, good luck DU. Either go defensive or donate and crush him into oblivion. If anyone else attacks you for donating, we'll be in range of your attacker and can educate them further.

14. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

I don't really know how it works, but I'd think a donation would see you through. I mean, I just read about some scumbag with around 50 strength involving himself in some seriously stupid wars, then donated and instantly shot up to over 1200 strength.

So he got a lot of "free" cash, land, and what-have-you through that donation.

Sadly for him, he still got pounded by the "suckers" he had jumped on and was eventually forced to go peaceful to avoid annihilation.

15. DarkUnderlord

Look on the bright side, if I can last the next 6 days, you guys will have the resources to make a much bigger foreign aid offer. Providing no other wars get in the way mind you.

I won't donate yet. I want to see what happens. Apparently nations can't actually get destroyed but I expect they can get raped pretty badly. If that happens, I'm happy to just out wait the war. Think of it as a learning exercise. I've no doubt that once peace is declared (if that happens), I'll be able to bounce back fairly quickly. I had after all, only been a nation for 3 days before Bunkie attacked.

Worse comes to worse, I can always delete and start over too. Mind you I've no intention of doing that. Iboloral will survive!

Actually, if you guys want to help me out earlier... Bunkie's current strength is at 193. That almost puts him in range of Frigo (495) but he is in range of Silvara (118), Spuddy (135) and if he had a large enough donation, even mathboy (22). The option would be to give them the foreign aid so they can launch their own attacks against Purfidy in defense of Iboloral. As I understand it, you can only make two attacks per day so those 3 nations with 6 attacks + my 2 beating him down every day would be enough to perhaps make him back off. He'd only be able to make 2 attacks vs the 8 he'd be receiving. Alternatively, if I let Bunkie up his strength just a bit more to 250+, Frigo could have some fun.

Silvara isn't in any alliance but Spuddy is in GATO, which could be problematic. However, if he was able to come to my aid to assist, perhaps he could get GATO involved as well? How are relations between GATO and Grey Council, any chance of working a deal there you reckon to get Spuddy's assistance?

16. Telcontar

Well if he applies to the Grey Council that should be enough reason to let him fight. During my application process I aided Frigo and also donated soldiers to Vorak. Maybe if we keep Wobblers "entrance" in to the battle quiet we may be able to do this without too much hassle.

17. DarkUnderlord

Latest PM to Maximus, repeated here for everyone's benefit.

I wasn't attacked by Bunkie last night so thought I'd take the opportunity to counter-attack him and see what happens. He had less tech than me but equal soldiers. I deployed 309 attacking / 309 defending and went at it. Unfortunately my attacks were both defeated. On the bright side, I still have far too many soldiers for my population so I can bare the losses. I also took out 100 of his 300 total soldiers as well.

Battle #1
    • :. Battle Perfidy
      Attacking Nation: Iboloral (DarkUnderlord)
      Attacking Soldiers: 305
      Attacking Tanks: 0
      Attacking Technology: 3.88
      Attacking Land Area: 14.141
      Attacking DEFCON: 1
      Attacking Money: $0.00
      Battle Odds: 46% Chance of Victory

Defending Nation: Perfidy (Bunkie)
      Defending Soldiers: 328
      Defending Tanks: 0
      Defending Technology: 1.99
      Defending Infrastructure: 38.40
      Defending Land Area: 21.554
      Defending DEFCON: 1
      Defending Money: $2,800.08
      Battle Odds: 54% Chance of Victory

Iboloral Casualties: 94 soldiers / 0 tanks
      Perfidy Casualties: 37 soldiers / 0 tanks
      Battle Details: Your forces fought bravely but were decisively defeated in battle. There were no land spoils of war captured in this battle. There was no infrastructure destroyed in this battle. There was no technology stolen in this battle. The value of your equipment abandoned in the battle was $0.00. Your forces looted $0.00 from the nation of Perfidy.

Battle #2
    • :. Battle Perfidy
      Attacking Nation: Iboloral (DarkUnderlord)
      Attacking Soldiers: 211
      Attacking Tanks: 0
      Attacking Technology: 3.88
      Attacking Land Area: 14.141
      Attacking DEFCON: 1
      Attacking Money: $0.00
      Battle Odds: 41% Chance of Victory

Defending Nation: Perfidy (Bunkie)
      Defending Soldiers: 286
      Defending Tanks: 0
      Defending Technology: 1.99
      Defending Infrastructure: 38.40
      Defending Land Area: 21.554
      Defending DEFCON: 1
      Defending Money: $2,800.08
      Battle Odds: 59% Chance of Victory

Iboloral Casualties: 72 soldiers / 0 tanks
      Perfidy Casualties: 60 soldiers / 0 tanks
      Battle Details: Your forces fought bravely but were decisively defeated in battle. There were no land spoils of war captured in this battle. There was no infrastructure destroyed in this battle. There was no technology stolen in this battle. The value of your equipment abandoned in the battle was $0.00. Your forces looted $0.00 from the nation of Perfidy.
    As I can no longer accept any more foreign aid offers for 6 days (which I realise now I'd have been better off holding out for a better deal) I'd be interested in involving other people in the attack. I realise the Grey Council has no members in my strength range that would be able to attack Bunkie, therefore I'm looking elsewhere. I've identified 3 nations that may be able to assist (a trading partner and 2 others I've spoken to). Two are not aligned while one is a member of GATO.

I have not yet approached these people about the war. I have only spoken to them for trading purposes at various times. I thought it best not to approach them without the backing of the Council. They are:
    Spuddy (Spoken to about trade)
    Silvara (Spoken to about trade)
    Cobain (Current trading partner)
    Ailius Drakar (Current trading partner)

Would there be a possibility of bringing them into the battle by having the Grey Council send them foreign aid packages? I also see you have a new applicant mathboy. There is a possibility that would he to be given enough aid, his strength could be capable of attacking Bunkie. I feel an attack on multiple fronts is the only way for my nation to win this war but thought it appropriate to raise the matter with you for Council approval.

If the Council does approve, my course of action would be to offer each of them a foreign aid package (supplied by the council) in exchange for joining the war against Bunkie. I would need to know what we would be able to offer before making contact. There is the chance all of them may reject the proposal but I feel it is worth a shot.

18. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Mathboy is an ideal candidate, and Grossen could funnel his aid to him instead. Between you and mathboy, you could easily kick his butt, and it would definately help his application. DU, contact him directly, though nobody told you to, and if he gets involved we'll boost him up and finish this idiot off.

19. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

Uhmmm... Have we spoken about trade? When and where?

Never mind - Bunkie boy was unaligned, right? In that case my current GATO affiliation should have no bearing, since me joining in wouldn't mess up some diplomatic protocols and embarrass the Brown Team.

Meaning I'll be happy to join in and do some battling, some raiding, and some dismantling of The Scum That Is Bunkie.

(By the way - every knowledgeable source recommends attacking with weaker forces than your enemy's defending - not total - strength. Tip for the future.)

20. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Whatever you decide to do, please try not to involve another alliance. We should be fully capable of taking him down by ourselves anyway.

Our Host!