Guns guns guns!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Scaramouche, Jan 24, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Legendary Z

Legendary Z New Member

Yeah but can they disinegrate heads? Or blow a hole on the engine block of a semi?

2. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

God's Incendiary Round would destroy the universe.

3. Legendary Z

Legendary Z New Member

4. Scaramouche

Scaramouche New Member

Can't argue with that. Especially C.

5. Solaris

Solaris New Member

They don't go together well.

6. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Uranium is too dense to make a good bullet for a low caliber gun, you'ld really need a big gun to send one of those out.

7. Legendary Z

Legendary Z New Member

I have storys from marines about a game called "pink mist" uranium bullets just get close and poof the head of intended target is now mist now I tend they embelished a bit but still good story

8. Jearom

Jearom New Member

They've been reading too much John Ringo and forgot that it's the relativistic part, not the depleted uranium part that does it.

9. Box of Fox

Box of Fox New Member

Uranium bullets and incendiary rounds? You people should look into Tribes: Vegeance o_O...

10. Solaris

Solaris New Member

There's nothing impossible about DU bullets for .50 BMG.

11. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Mmmm... Another discussion about guns and ammo.

12. Scaramouche

Scaramouche New Member

13. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

14. Legendary Z

Legendary Z New Member

That is why I love the wounderfull DU bullets thank you for the post Scaramouche

15. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

DU would have to be my ammo of choice, especially in the Barett Light .50. That's the most powerful sniper rifle in the US arsenal. What I found interesting about the depleted uranium was its density. it's so dense, that if it was to hit a human target, it would do relatively little damage compared to a full metal jacket. The reason is the bullet does not deform, as described in the diagrams and the articles you presented, scaramouche. I would've liked to make different types of bullets in arcanum. It's odd that one never comes across lead or brass in the entire game of arcanum, yet bullets can be made. From the ingredients used, one could only make black powder. The different bullets that could be made might make up for the lack of damage in certain guns. For example: the hand-crafted flintlock. It does reasonable damage earlier in the game, but I think that if bullets were made with steel and then used in the gun, it would become quite effective against armored opponents, or those damned Ore Golems. That might also make up for the bitch that the looking glass rifle became. Before the patch, it was my favorite weapon. Always forty points of damage, a single bullet per shot. The best damage to consumption ratio of all the other guns. I'm actually thinking of making a mod that incorporates some of these ideas, or at least a hack that returns the LGR to its original glory. I'd also like to make some custom schematics to create magnum weapons.

16. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

Unfortunately the types of ammo are hardcoded into WorldEd. I've tried to add different types of bullet in order to do different types of damage as you suggested.
    The stupid thing is you can add new categories of ammo but you cannot add new categories to the ammo use on the weapons. So the ammo exists in the ammo list but you cannot tell a weapon to use it. I spent hours trying to find the relevant file and it simply doesn't exist. It must have been coded into WorldEd when it was created.
    If anyone can prove me wrong, please let me know because I want to add new bullets. Incendiary rounds anyone?

17. Grossenschwamm

I see what you're saying. So, basically, you can put as many different types of bullets into the game as you want, the problem is that it all fires the same way. That kinda sucks.

18. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Just use the Arcanum Weapons Editor. The easiest way to alter weapons as you please. You can even make the Mech gun run on arrows or fuel, I believe. There must be a link somewhere, make a search.

19. Grossenschwamm

Yeah, that's on www.couchpotato.net
    Since I don't have a website to put the thing on, I think I'll just put it on a myspace account or something. Oh, by the way, I don't know how to compile anything in Javascript, which is how that editor is made.

20. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

Our Host!