grayhills help

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by moonlight, May 5, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. moonlight

moonlight Member

NO matter how i try, I cant enter the mines those guards wont allow me to enter. am I forgetting something please help :-(

2. moonlight

moonlight Member

3. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I'll try.

First off, I haven't played the module yet but I do have it unpacked.
    Only one cave came up on a search for PC usable items, so if you're talking about Sir Morris & Boris, the dialog and scripting just seems to run you around in circles. Ignore them.
    The cave entrance however, is scripted to teleport you straight inside - to a dead-end trap. There's no way back out.

One of the joys of playing abandoned modules is discovering all the unfinished business.

4. moonlight

moonlight Member

Do you mean thats just the end of it?

5. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

At least that part of it.
    Based on the idiots' dialog, you were going after Amtut, the mummy? In that case you are out of luck because the cave wasn't built - just the initial entry point.

6. moonlight

moonlight Member

so atleast ive finished the game this way????!!!!

7. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Kind of seems like it.
    Here's a list of all the quests available:

{1000}{The Mayor of Grayhills wants you to save his village from a Mummy that was last seen on the outskirts of town. He believes the Mummy is hiding in some dark caves that are in the area.}
    {1001}{Tim, the Gossip of Grayhills, says there is a book at the Library called 'The Story of Amtut'. He says you should read it and then come back and talk to him. Apparently the book will give you some more information about the Mummy.}
    {1002}{The Librarian at the Grayhills Public Library wants you to return the overdue book 'All Guns Blazin'. It was lent out to the Bartender of 'The Rathouse'.}
    {1003}{The Bartender of 'The Rathouse' wants you to exterminate all the rats in his cellar.}
    {1004}{It seems you need to find out some more information about the Mummy from Mr Pollock. Tim, The Town Gossip, says he is probably cutting firewood down Shearers Drive on the southern outskirts of town.}
    {1005}{The Sheep Farmer, Mr Pollock, needs his axe repaired so that he can cut down trees to use for firewood during the coming winter.}
    {1006}{Mr Pollock wants you to cut down the three Big Trees at the end of the path for him.}
    {1007}{It seems that there is nothing more to do now except to go into the old abandoned mines outside of town and find the Mummy.}

Is there any you haven't done?

8. moonlight

moonlight Member

yes, the cutting trees part. well how about killing the two guards at cave passage?

9. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

You can if you want to. A bit of personal satisfaction is all you'll get from that though.

10. moonlight

moonlight Member

11. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

12. moonlight

moonlight Member

13. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Uhhh.... OK...
    Found the demi-liche. There's no script attached to him, no specific internal listing for flag setting, no Kill-On-Sight command, and no mention of him in the treasurer's dialog.
    In short - I have no idea what he's doing there.

14. moonlight

moonlight Member

thank you so much rroyo for answering my questions, i guess this is the end of the game

Our Host!