Gay Marriage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xento, Jul 5, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Also my instinctive reaction. Ye gods!

In fact, I agree with everything you've just written. What we need is some uptight conservative to come here and rail against gay marriage, and how it's a crime against nature so we can all have some proper fun :).

2. xento

xento New Member

Damn, I wonder why.

Wasn't there a rally, a while back, where a bunch of gays did some public anal work in the streets?

3. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

i think the same thing about black people... whiny bastards piss me off. every time some moron tries to tell me about the plight of the black man, i want to ask him "if it's so bad in America, why don't you try living in Africa?everyone's black there, no racism at all, and they're still fucking miserable!!"

sorry, i hate drama queens, and anyone who complains about prejudice while enjoying the same rights as everyone else gets on my nerves. i don't give a fuck what race/religion/sexual orientation anybody is... why do they feel the need to hold it up like a victim's badge of honor?

4. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Abusing the system has been around for years. By playing on the public's expected sympathies, they can get away with a lot of shit. It won't last forever, so they're going to make use of it while they can. I don't like it either, but I'd probably be doing the same thing if I were them.

5. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

Actually polygram marraige was practive thoughtout most of man history and in some part of the world today. The Cont ament that Bush want mightnot even get 51 vote as many conserve GOP donot like the idear of than cont amendment that ban something. They try it with banning alchol and it didnot work and they have to past than other amentent to cancle that one.

It two man or two woman want to get marriage to each other let then get marrage.

6. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

One of the few hostipal that allow gray people to vist they lover when they are ill or drying was run by the Roman Cath church than the prist who ran it belive he doesnot have to approval of they lifestyle but he have to show compassion also.

7. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Gah ... Rosie, when I first saw your post I thought you were joking. Surely you don't really ever think such thoughts? I'm pretty sure that even though people have the same rights under law race prejudice still exists. I know it does in Britain (in many flavours of race against race) and I think people have the right to complain when on the wrong end of it.

Mind you, I do agree that black pride is kinda like gay pride. I don't see why people should be any more proud to be black or gay than I am to be white and straight (ie. not at all). It's not like we earn such things.

8. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I guess I need to volunteer for this thread.

Homosexuality is the bane of our existence. May our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, creator of Heaven and Earth, and all the in between strike down the penis lovers. Who hath not faith in the one Messiah that shalt not listen to his words, and his words beseech thee not to be performing such acts. Beware ye heathens!

Wow, ignorance is fun....

9. Wolf

Wolf New Member

I'm going to have to agree with fatman on this. Pride in something you can't help just seems like a piece of shit. That's why I don't like patriotism.

10. xento

xento New Member

Is that a new nationality? It must be a cross between a black guy and a white guy.

Someone needs to hang those wet blankets up to dry.

Prist? It must be a cross between a priest and a prick. Yeah; it's Catholic, all right.

11. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

The example I like to give:
    Do Aboriginal Australians (Black people) have the same rights to hire a taxi as a "normal" white Australian. Yes / No.

If the answer is yes, why is it that Ernie Dingo (Australian Aboriginal Television Personality) can stand outside for an hour, trying to hail a cab, yet they all pass him and none of them stop? Why is it that his wife (A "white Australian") can hire one in a few minutes?

IE: The service exists and all people *should* have access to it (there's no law against Aboriginals taking a cab). It's just that the individual cab drivers still think an Aboriginal is not going to pay the fare.

That's apparently a true account by the way.

By the way, HOLY SHIT! IT'S SHERIFF FATMAN! What brought you back from the dead (or have I been missing out on what's going on in the forum that much)?

12. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Yeah, the Abs do have a pretty bad stigma still attached to them here. It's kind of like a self-fulfilling prophecy - people think they're going to do something wrong, treat them bad, and then when they react, it's like "Hey, look, we were right!"

13. xento

xento New Member

Wait a second... How did this gay marriage thread suddenly turn into a thread about racism?

14. DEATH AT THE DOOR

DEATH AT THE DOOR New Member

Grays? Those bug-eyed aliens?

Wolf: patriotism and gay pride are different things.
    TRUE patriotism means you are willing to defend your country in case of danger. It means you want your country to prosper and willing to come to sacrifices to help it...

15. Twilight'sHammer

Twilight'sHammer New Member

I still don't like you DotD. Anyway, I don't really think much of people who do the "Gay/Black Pride Marches" and what not... it's like bragging about the fact that they are black or gay, which isn't right. I also don't like the people who do the "KKK/NeoNazi Pride Marches" Those people are even stupidier than the above named ones. Yea, I am a bisexual, and I will state that quite a bit, since every month or so, some idiot I've known for awhile *somehow* doesn't know about it.... I fucking hate idiots... I mean, I'm not going to do gay pride marches, or anything, but I do respect myself.... grr... I'm having trouble wording this, bear with me.... I mean that while I do hold *some* pride for being gay, it's not pride so much as self-respect... and I don't think that people should be out in the streets "bragging" that they are gay or black. Yea, I know, that isn't what they're aiming to do, but it's what it comes across as... actually, knowing the faggots I know, that probably *is* what they're trying to do... oh well, fuck them. Sorry for making such a rambling post, I'm trying to get a pretty good point out, but I just can't quite word it...

16. DEATH AT THE DOOR

DEATH AT THE DOOR New Member

Twilight's Hammer, belive me when I say I am looking for your love...

17. Twilight'sHammer

Twilight'sHammer New Member

I'm sorry, you sure as hell aren't getting it. You just need to learn the ways of this forum... and quit mocking people because they can't spell. It's annoying and just a waste of a post.

18. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

I started to post something along the same lines, but then I remembered the success I had in arguing with Wolfie in the gun handling bit. I just prefer to let him rant. Less headache.

I've not weighed in yet on the whole gay marriage thing yet. I figure everyone here knows what side I'm on anyway. I don't think gays should be allowed to "marry". I think it's an abomination. I don't want my kids to see two men kiss after a preist says, "You may kiss the husband." I think it's disgusting.

On that note, I'm not against someone being gay. Just because I'm not gay doesn't mean someone else can't be. I just don't want gay marriage. The word marriage is defined as the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a legal, consensual, and contractual relationship recognized and sanctioned by and dissolvable only by law.

It's a bit more than that. Marriage carries some legal ramifications that I don't think should apply to a gay "civil union". One other issue. It's been said, "Stop bitching about gay marriage! As long as it isn't legalized in your state...." Actually, according to a little thing called the Constitution, states have to recognize other states laws. So now, we've got a national issue on our hands, and even though GA doesn't allow same-sex marriages, if a gay married couple from Mass. comes to GA, they have to be granted legal status as married, and can enjoy the legal benefits of said marriage, even though it's not legal in GA.

Marriage is, to me, a spiritual joining of two souls, and is an act recognized by the Lord. I think homosexuality is immoral, and therefore, can't be, and shouldn't be recognized.

Now, none of this means that I've lost all love for mrnobodies brown eye. I still love it long time.

19. Canis

Canis New Member

Not to be rude.... Okay, to be rude, I really think Death fits in better around here, and has a better feel for the forum, than you do. Of course, I probably shouldn't be arguing with your expertise on what constitutes a waste of a post.

20. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Sometimes the provinciality of the Bible Belt reminds me just how little hope the human race has a whole. Retard, if we did everything according to the Bible, I doubt there would be very much progress overall.

Why are homosexuals excluded from this? Do they not feel emotions like other people? Because Arabs, Hindus, Buddhists, Taoists etc don't follow the same religion, are THEIR marriages also invalidated, because it wasn't recognised the Christian way? Or is it the good ole "doesn't matter what religion they are, God will recognise it, AS LONG AS THEY'RE NOT GAY" attitude?

I was brought up as a Roman Catholic, went to Sunday School and everything, but I have absolutely no problem with gay marriages. I accept that religions won't recognise them, but why can't the government? People in de facto relationships can get benefits, why can't gays? It's because of family and church groups, who presume to tell everyone else what's best for them, especially if they don't follow the same religion.

Our Host!