Game slow-downs. Is it curable?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elrond, Sep 17, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. RightTurnClyde

RightTurnClyde New Member

Nope, sorry NecroLich. All current drivers intact, all new patches installed, all system requirements met, all posted suggestions implemented (which, by the way, thanks to everyone for those, hasn't even dented Arcanum slow downs, but my pc works better than ever!) and it is still horribly slow.

You tell me why the development/publishing companies have said nothing. Makes you think, doesn't it?

2. Elrond

Elrond New Member

I noticed one interesting thing -- after killing all the enemies at some locations game becomes significantly faster. And sometimes the same locations play faster if you are alone -- I mean, without your followers. Perhaps it also depends on number of NPC's which are currantly loaded?

[​IMG]

Name: Elrond | Race: Elf | Gender: Male | Scheme: Warrior Mage Good | Background: Ladies man

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Elrond on 2001-09-28 21:34 ]</font>

3. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

I think the reason behind slowdowns might be the fact that your field of view is dependent on your pecreption, the game has to count it all the time and iut wasn't implemented properly.

Personally I only get slowdowns in places where there are quite a few people (center of Tarant, the bar next to Mushroom Inn) basically all the bars and similiar places. However I never encountered slowdown while there where just lots of enemies in some mine or somesuch. Also in Caladon I had no slowdown near the animal farm even though there where lots of pets around and the rabbits were jumping all the time. Yet no slowdown contrary to bars where everyone is standing still. Can't say I understand it.

4. Vovka100

Vovka100 Member

well a high ram does a huge difference with 319 mb ram i encountered almost o slowdowns on my 500 mhz celeron but with 64 mb ram it was slow 50% of the time

5. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

it's good that ram prices are down.
    I have 256 ddr but the amount here plays most part probably. not the speed of the ram itself

Our Host!