From the video...

Discussion in 'Mystary!' started by Royaltramp, Jan 25, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Royaltramp

Royaltramp New Member

From the video available for download here... I'm 99% sure it's not Arcanum two.

Why?

Because I don't think they'd move Arcanum forward in time... And in the video there are cars ;)

If the video on this site is just something else, or you have an explanation, post here. Or discuss :p

-Matt

2. Telcontar

Telcontar Well-Known Member

Dude, this is long gone....get over it. Move on. We were all over this in August last year.....unless you have created an Arcanum 2.

3. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I actually did attempt to start an Arcanum 2 with Worlded but was stopped by two things:

1. My complete inexperience at modding, combined with my refusal to try an easier project first.

2. It would literally have taken years, so even if I was still doing it I'd be a long way from finishing.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

5. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    If I had infinite time, I'd sit down, read through AMTUT thouroghly, steal cool pieces of code from other mods and create something spectacular.

Of course, the clock is now 19.20 and I'm still at the University, so I really fail to see where that infinite time would be coming from...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But if someone should do Arcanum 2, it should be done by proffesionals, at least I think so.

7. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Ah, but the word, "Professional," implies that they'd be paid for their work. Most of the people interested in an Arcanum 2 are either unable to pay professionals, or are former professionals who won't be paid.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like why can't they work for free then? I'm pretty sure that the proffesionals (at least some of them) wants to se an Arcanum 2?

9. Dark Elf

Media:
    The very same professionals also have full-time jobs, presumably spouses and kids too. It's not like developing an entire game, writing a story for it, setting up a graphics engine etc etc comparable to todays standards, or even the original Arcanum's, is something you do on wednesday evenings at a friend's house.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, that's true. But Troika before they closed was going to do a sequel, dam! It's so sad that Troika closed!

11. Madness

Madness New Member

Lies, lies I say. Troika did not close. You are just imagining it. They are going to make Arcanum 2... Soon... A little longer than what you think... A few years more... There.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What do you mean with "that they did not close", they obviously closed, officially anyhow.

13. Vorak

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Alright alright, so Troika is just on a vacation?

15. Dark Elf

Media:
    You mean... Dante is now in denial and will later procede through all the phases that eventually end up in suicide?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Aha, I see then. I can examine him at the hospital if he want's to (MOHAHAHA).

17. Vorak

Well I'm not going to deny it.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

19. SirGarrickStout

SirGarrickStout New Member

Everytime you say that, an angel lose his wings, Bree.

And gets anally raped.

20. Vorak

There's no point fooling yourself, there is never going to be another Arcanum. The best you could hope for is a mod called 'Arcanum 2' and given the fact that everytime someone shows up that actually knows something about the editor they disappear things aren't looking good.

Otto Kruppe: Gone
    DarkUnderlord: Gave up on modding Arcanum
    Chris Beddoes: Gone
    Sinbad: Good as gone
    TONGSyaBASS: Gone
    rroyo: I'm taking bets on when he'll mysteriously disappear

Our Host!