Follower development: An Arcanum II Wish

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Eloc Knarfnos, Apr 4, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. xento

xento New Member

Ouch! This new message board is quite a hit in the head, especially after a 2 week vacation! If anyone cares, I am building a website at http://www.vendigroth.50g.com that is based around Arcanum 2. I am hoping to make a fancy message board (now, probably junk compared to this one) that you can post ideas for Arcanum 2, info about Arcanum, and just talk. I will also have the website updated ASAP to make sure that there is new information. I will use it to keep people posted of the progress of Arcanum 2. I hope you bother to visit it. I am still an amature webmaster and will (if I can) use Flash for the graphics. It may take awhile yet to finish, but it shouldnt take too long.... if the odds are with me..... anyway, check it out sometime, please.
    :thinkof:

2. xento

xento New Member

Well, in that case, I havent really made the message board yet, and am fully open to suggestions. I have been temporarily halted as far as the web site progress goes (specifically the 2 week vacation) and am waiting until I can get a copy of flash to decide what the site will REALLY look like. If anyone here wants, I could base it on specifically Arcanum 2 suggestions and the website on Arcanum 2 progress... it would be much easier for me considering I could add a spot for Arcanum later, eh? anyway, tell me what you think.

3. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Just a couple of things nbrosz, first of all, this thread really is quite old. This forum used to have a lot of other threads in it, but unfortunately, the last host died andwe got a new one and..... Some things since the last backup (which was about april-ish) were lost :cry:

Secondly, Vendigroth sounds like a good site. I hope you get it off the ground.

Last of all...

[​IMG]
    Fee fi fo fum.... I smell the blood of an Arcanum Modder. :)

4. xento

xento New Member

Gee, thanks, Dark Underlord. However, what does that mean according to the thread I posted? Does that mean that I should just go with my own ideas and see what happens or should I still make a web site based mainly around Arcanum 2? I still needs some answers, please.

5. xento

xento New Member

I am still waiting for some ideas.....

6. xento

xento New Member

By the way, Dark Underlord, I had quite a time with that little module getting that dialogue to work.... I first tried it with an automaton and couldnt figure out why it didnt work.... so I did it with some human instead.... now that I have time to think about it, I had just forgotten to uncheck the "mute" flag, but have been too lazy/buisy/restricted to change it :oops: Anyway, I am open for suggestions for the site. Turns out we are moving to a different house before the end of summer, so that delays me getting DSL in my room so I can upload the site and check my resources. In other words: I will have about a month to take in ideas for what the site and message board will really be about. Bring on the ideas!

P.S. I had already made up a few ideas for the message board over my 2 week vacation.... and came home to find most of them already used in this board :x Oh, well.... I will make it the best I can for being new with Flash and not really knowing how to make a message board from scratch :lol: I'm open to suggestions and information there too.

7. xento

xento New Member

Also, I was thinking of doing like on this site and giving you a better ranking according to how many posts you have made... The idea is that you start out with nothing: a rank of untrained. Then, after maybe 10 or so posts, your rank becomes stone sprocket and you will see a stone sprocket for your picture. Then, maybe after 25 posts, your rank becomes wooden sprocket and you see a wooden wheel for your picture as well as the name. This continues until you finally get to higher levels: silver sprocket, golden gear and mirthril gear. The highest level. maybe 1,000 posts will be Vendigroth Gear. (I think I will automatically start out with the Vendigroth Gear as my rank.... hey, webmaster privaleges) Sound good?
    :thinkof:

8. xento

xento New Member

Hey, maybe I will have the final rank be Vendigroth Device.... instead of Vendigroth Gear.... what do you think?

9. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Hmmm.. multiple posts, replying to yourself..... are you related to Notharah by chance?

10. xento

xento New Member

ahem, no... I was just adding ideas as they came

Our Host!