Fix for lost Magnus/Thorvald dialog

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by jfkoski, Nov 17, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. jfkoski

jfkoski New Member

When you get to Thorvald there is a dialog option where you're allowed to ask him about dwarves last names after earlier speaking to Magnus about his family name. Thorvald responds with or without Magnus present, but if he is you then get to grill Magnus about his book and customs. I just recently visited Thorvald and was surprised when it didn't come up. It turns out they left the global flag out of Magnus's dialog so you can't get it.

Here's this fix, plus the patch and more for you to cut and paste.

01046Magnus_Shale_Fist.dlg
    {46}{Why are you so protective of your family name?}{}{5}{}{49}{gf 2712 1}//ADDED RESULT FLAG FOR THORVALD

{404}{What sort of things can you make for me, Magnus?}{}{5}{wa 0}{}{su}//ADDED TEST
    {405}{You can stop waiting now, Magnus...}{}{5}{pa -6616, gf1022 1, ss 2, wa 1}{629}{}//PATCH SWITCHED GOTOS
    {406}{You can stop waiting now, Magnus...}{}{5}{pa -6616, gf1022 0, ss 2, wa 1}{559}{uw 0 530}//PATCH SWITCHED GOTOS

{462}{Magnus, do you know ANYTHING about this Void?}{}{5}{ss 21, ss -21}{748}{}//ADDED WORD know

Note: Thorvald's dialog is pretty unforgiving. Once he tells you the location of his clan, you can't leave and come back to try to get his spectacles or to join you. For instance I was short one level for him to join, so I had to reload.

2. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I think I shall implement these. Thanks!

Our Host!