Download Section

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by The_Bob, Sep 7, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

The_Bob, I have sent an email* with better version of the Fallout Items to you, so you don't have to clean up the fallout items file.

*This is the email: Better version of Fallout to Arcanum by Arthgon.‏

2. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

Ok, updated.

edit: also, fixed the extra space below the menu.

3. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say that I think the new downloads section looks great. Nice work!

4. The_Bob

Thanks. It doubles as a toy for when you're waiting for the files to download - try clicking the Arcanum section a few dozen times quickly and see what happens.

5. Arthgon

What I like to know... Is the Fallout to Arcanum download alright, or should I sent the Fallout Items each apart for upload?Please do tell me, and I shall make it perfect for this site.

6. The_Bob

I dunno, but them being in one convenient pack seems like a good idea to me.

However if you feel like playing around with it:

I don't think they need to be packed into separate .rar files, putting them in directories ought to be enough.

Also a readme file is always a good thing to put inside an archive, saying who made it, listing the contents of what should be in the archive and a brief description what to do with the files to make them work.

Also, thanks both for your files and your commitment here.

7. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    That’s actually quite entertaining. Is that just an artifact from the way the graphics are redrawn?

8. The_Bob

It's because I'm way too lazy to look into how events are stacked in jQuery (the javascript library I use), so if you click on a section ten times, it will open/close this many times, along with all of its elements - rather then simply opening or closing, based on how many times you clicked. I mean, it will, in the end, fully open or close, but what it does in the meantime is completely beyond my control.

Since every element has it's own stack of animations to do, the last elements on the list tend to lag behind quite a bit if you open/close the list 10 times.

9. Arthgon

The_Bob, I have send another email* to you with a better version of the Fallout items. I hope that this is better(If not, please do tell me.)

*Even better version of the Fallout Items by Arthgon.

Also I have a question: Is Rapidshare save, or can people get through this on my computer?

10. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I'm using it to look at your computer right now.

11. The_Bob

So what's better about this version ?

12. Arthgon

I placed the items in several directories:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/9/18/ ... _Books.rar - Dean's Electronics, First Aid Book, Guns And Amunnition, Science, Scout Book.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/9/18/ ... micals.rar - Stimx, and Stimpack.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/9/18/ ... t_Misc.rar - Flower, Passkey1(Red), Passkey2(Blue), Passkey3(Yellow),

I did this because:

1. If you only want to have one kind of items,(example: only the books.) you don't get the other stuff.

2. Now it is much clearer, what the contents are of each directory.(Which item is Chemical or Misc.)

3. There is a file in each of the downloads, that tells which items should be in the downloads.

4. There is a new item in the downloads.(The Big book of Science.)

PS: I hope that I told this right.

PSS: Yes...I can upload files now.(Finally...it works!)

13. The_Bob

Sounds good, I've just uploaded your files. Again, thanks for your contribution.

Edit: I've also uploaded some VtM:Bloodlines gameplay videos, check them out if you've never played this awesome game !
    edit2: don't worry about part3 appearing twice, I'll fix it tomorrow. The link leads to part4, that's just a name that got mixed up.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Finally found a copy of the first official patch (1.0.6.9). It's basically the same thing as 1.0.7.0, but it has a critical bug - you get no XP when attacking with spells. Due to this reason the patch was pulled off from almost all sites.

We need to host it for historical reasons.

Rapidshare

Oh, and we seem to be missing 1.0.6.9 to 1.0.7.0 patch as well (there were two variants of 1.0.7.0 patch).

Rapidshare

15. The_Bob

Thanks for finding this stuff.

The old patches got their rightful place in the archive, some typos were fixed and also the universal level cap remover is now on the list.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Considering ArtView, we seem to have only Blacky's mod.

Here's the original version:
    http://drog.terra-arcanum.com/ArtView.rar
    The best tool for viewing, editing and creating (to an extent) .ART files. Made by eml78. The source code is included.

Here's my mod:
    http://drog.terra-arcanum.com/ArtView.Fixed.zip
    A small mod of the original program. Has a few fixes, including the fixed translation. All comments in the source code have been translated as well.

And you may add this comment to Blacky's version:
    Adds a few features to the tool, including BMP8->BMP6 conversion and exporting animations to GIF/AVI. No source code supplied.

EDIT: Actually, Blacky's version seems to be missing too--the link is broken. Here it is:
    http://drog.terra-arcanum.com/ArtView.b ... .0.4.a.rar

And while I'm at it:
    http://drog.terra-arcanum.com/UnDAT_MatuX_TMS.zip
    UnDAT by Matux

BTW, arcanun is a quite buggy program, e.g. it always misses the last file if you unpack the whole archive.

17. The_Bob

So which undat utility should be recommended on the dl page as the proper one to use ?

A little advice as to which files should be highlighted would be very useful - I've little knowledge about most of the stuff in the dl section, and usually none beyond the point of knowing which does what.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DBMaker is the official tool, so it's the most reliable. UnDAT is also OK, but it only unpacks files.

19. The_Bob

Updated. I've also split the modding tools section into categories, since it was getting a bit crowded. Let me know if I misplaced anything.

Thanks for the files, Drog.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why you didn't include the comments I gave for ArtView? Is there something wrong with them?

Also, please upload this. It should probably go in tools, since it's only used by WorldEd to generate terrain.

Our Host!