Doomsday updated

Discussion in 'News Comments' started by mathboy, Oct 14, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Following the success of his mod <b>Doomsday</b>, Quaid decided that he should remove some bugs and make the mod run smoother:
    <br><blockquote>I've made a few modifications to Doomsday to both help some having trouble with running the game and also enhance the endgame.
    <br>
    <br>*I've rerun 'Purge Destroyed Objects' in WorldEd to help clean up any unnecessary files.
    <br>
    <br>*I've added an additional 'good' quest option to facilitate the endgame. Currently in version 1.0 the player must complete 2 of 3 quests to get to the endgame. There are (2) 'evil' and (1) 'good' quest, which means the player must perform at least 1 evil quest. In version 1.1, there are (2) 'good' quests and (2) 'evil' quests, where the player can do any combination of 2 or greater to facilitate the endgame.
    <br>
    <br>If you download version 1.1 there is a chance that your previous save games will work. BUT THERE IS NO GUARENTEE! Safest is to start a new game.
    <br>
    <br>If you would like to TRY to use your existing save games, simply rename the folder named Doomsday_v1.0 under Arcanum/modules to Doomsday_v1.1</blockquote>
    <br>Doomsday v1.1 doesn't use Doomsday v1.0, so no matter whether you downloaded the previous version or not, download this one!
    <br>
    <br><a href=http://www.terra-arcanum.com/downloads/arcanum/modules/Doomsday_v1.1.dat>Download Doomsday v1.1</a>

2. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

The game freezes when you try to zone into the town from the sewer.

3. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Is it possible to add town map? I hate navigating without it.

4. Quaid

Quaid Member

@Spiffy - I'm glad you got the game to work. What ended up helping? Regarding the sewer, which ladder are you using (north, east, south or west)? And how long have you been playing that particular session?

@Frigo - I will look into a town map. Are you interested just for the main locations? I don't think it would be feasible for going between locations (which is what the World Map would do if we could put one in, which, according to the WorldEd Manual we can't :/ )

5. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

I'm using the one next to the police dept. and it happened probably 5-10 minutes into me playing.

6. Quaid

Quaid Member

I'll look into it and see if I can duplicate the issue.

7. Evev

Evev New Member

Started playing Doomsday a bit today.

For some reason the game turns into a slideshow when you go through the gates after receiving the note.

Got bored of the mod because you have to run fairly long distances and becase the CR report is too easily attainable. I'll try again tomorrow though just to go crazy with different builds.

8. Quaid

Quaid Member

Hello Evev. Thank you for running through the mod.

One thing I don't like about some games is running over long distances as you say. That is something I'm attempting to clear up. It doesn't make sense to put everything right next to each other, so it needs to be somewhat spread out. I included some teleportation to cut down on the travel, and I'm working on creating a mock 'World Map' using the town map feature. The next release will include this.

And the CR Report is a piece of the game but it isn't the end. I'll create a thread in the forums for game discussion and I'd ask that everyone use the 'Possible Spoilers' etiquette if seeking to discuss plot information.

Edit: Here is a link to the Doomsday Discussion thread in the Module Discussion Forums:

http://terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=14146

Our Host!