Dominate + Reflection Shield reset

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by NoRudeLaw, Apr 26, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. NoRudeLaw

NoRudeLaw New Member

Hi,

This has more than likely been asked before, however I personally wasn't able to find my desired solution via the search feature (possibly searching for the wrong keywords). However, I recently reinstal this wonderful gem of a game, and with it restored my love for it as well.

Here's my problem though. After running into a few notorious problems concerning the beloved 'Medical Arachnid' that had been around since release (i.e. only being able to actually use the one given (or in my case pickpocketed - THANK YOU Light Fingered Gauntlets, for allowing me to lift a 1k stone object from someones pocket without their knowledge...) by Maxil, and having all subsequent crafted versions simply function as very heavy projectiles, I decided to update to 1.0.7.4, and picked up Drog's wonderful UOP as well. Now, while these two patches have fixed a plethora of problems that existed in the original release (original copy), one or both of them seems to have conflicted with my personal favorite "ability" in the original release of the game. Namely, the ability to essentially make a hoard of thralls as a magic user by simply casting Dominate Will (or Call _________ Elemental / Succor Animal) on them followed by Reflection Shield, and then removing Dominate followed by the shield. Thus creating a "follower" that does not count towards your max follower limit.

I am fully aware that the vast majority of NPC's in the game follow a "No Scheme" level up build and function as little more than cannon fodder and/or a pack mule. However, I also know of plenty that do indeed follow a level up plan such as Miranda Tears in 'The Boil', or any of the barbarians (bandits) found in Kree (both cases follow the "Pure Melee/Dodge" build in this example). I am also fully aware of the fact that in many cases this can cripple your enjoyment of the game if exploited excessively, as well as the probability of having game lag occur due to having to many followers on screen at any given time.

Regardless of all that, I'm requesting assistance in re-enabling this "ability". Mainly, because I greatly prefer playing a magic user over a tech user, though the patch changes seem to pressure towards tech, as they can simply build a vast mechanical "army" of spiders, automations, and even clockwork physicians (which I am glad finally work, actually).

Any assistance in being able to reinstate this ability (exploit) would be greatly appreciated. Preferably, a fix that's as simplistic as possible that I can just tweak on my own without much hassle.

Thanks in advance for any and all support.

Its good to see that people are still enjoying "older games".

2. NoRudeLaw

NoRudeLaw New Member

Our Host!