Die Hafen

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Wolfsbane, Mar 18, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

"Funny", Liz thought to herself. "One man dies, and the whole community panics. I thought humanity was the only "weak" race... Guess I was wrong. No doubt I should offer my help. Not only is it an easier route to my goal, but it will be fun studying higher beings' emotions.

I better play the ignorant newcomer for now though."

Alright. I'm in if there's need for me. I'm... Call me Liz.

2. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

"Liz... a nice name. I knew a Liz once..."

Although she had been Elizabeth to the rest of the world... She'd been pretty angry most of the time, but her emotions were so strong, and her mind one of the sharpest she'd ever seen in a human. She had been the one to coin the name Katarine to keep the suspicious ones away.

"An interesting co-incidence, although whether or not it is auspicious remains to be seen."

3. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Drach was still unsure about how to face this new foe. His most fearsome opponent to date was a horrible beast named Fafnir, but back then no one had heard of guns, let alone those with this type of ammo. If Brunhilde was still alive...that's it!
    He knew where her belt was, and it may give the edge needed to see this all through.

4. reQuieM

reQuieM New Member

Illikane was still in shock of what happened in the past few minutes. The moment that Jack Shaw entered Die Hafen, he immediately recognized him. He had the "pleasure" of meeting Shaw once before, and that is a face you never forget. It didn't make any sense, Shaw was supposed to be dead.

His mind was racing over what the consequences of the night's happenings would be - the return of Jack Shaw, the death of Friedrich, possibly the end of Die Hafen.

He was suddenly awoken from his deep thoughts by a loud voice: "I've an announcement; I need to form a venturing party to go someplace very foreign to me. It doesn't matter who joins up with me, I need all the help I can get."

His head turned at the first words... it was a demon, the very same one who had done that rather brilliant musical performance. Illikane decided to put their differences behind him and see what this was all about. Indeed if it had anything to do with Shaw it would be his duty to lend all aid he could.

He walked over to the demon, known as Drach, and in a coarse, echoing, almost ghostly voice asked: "So what's this all about?"

5. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

R'Nasht raises a surrepticious eyebrow at the angel. He hadn't even bothered to disguise his aura properly... although, as far as she was concerned, very few could disguise their true natures effectively. The curse of being old...

She saunters over to Drach, and her smile is somehow sharper than usual. Maybe it's the fact that her incisors are definately fang-like...

"Well, young one, I see that we may be working towards a similar cause. I am R'Nasht, of the Dglar'deth Clan. And you?"

6. Grossenschwamm

"I am Drachenmurane Flammentod, of the Fire Tongues."
    Responded Drach.
    "However, simply call me Drach...no sense in wasting precious time while addressing each other. If you don't mind, we may need to head to the ancient kingdom of Burgundy, to fetch a belt..."
    Then he remembered something that would utterly destroy his plan; The gods who created that belt were all dead.
    "Never mind. Wishful thinking on my part, thinking the bauble would have any power after their demise. R'Nasht, do you have anyone else in mind who may be able to help us?"
    Just then, an angel walked up to Drach, saying, "So what's this all about?"
    "What luck!" said Drach," You are an angel, I believe? We've a slight problem. The man who destroyed this bar, and killed Friedrich, seems to be quite a threat...to everything. We need to take this box," Drach shows the angel the box, "into heaven, to give it to Him. I assume you know a way to get there? Oh, but forgive me; My name is Drachenmu-...call me Drach. And you are?"

7. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Wishful thinking? From a Fire Tongue? Ah, wonders never cease...

"I can think of an item or two that may be of help... but I doubt that my clan would look too kindly upon me for taking them. If you believe the risk is great enough, however..."

Do I have the strength to take up the blades once more? And would I even be able to survive this time?

8. reQuieM

reQuieM New Member

"A pleasure to meet you Drach, my name is Illikane." he replied and extended his hand...

"Indeed I can take you to the holy place, but just a friendly warning. For your own good, do not cause any trouble there... it will be dealt with by the severest of punishments." not raising his voice to a violent tone, but speaking calmly.

"Let me know when you are ready." he said, lifting his staff slightly, just off the ground.

9. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Y'selle stood up and approached the party. She had just realized that there was a gateway to both heaven and hell right here in this very building, and that she probably was the only one who knew it.

"Drach, Liz, Katarine and Illikane, there is a shorter way to heaven than you think. There is a special room behind the scene. You can open the door by simply tapping the nearby pillar with Friedrichs stick. Inside, an elevator gateway awaits."

She took Illikanes hands into her own.

"Good luck brother, give Him my greetings, and tell Him that I have some work to do now, and that He shouldn't expect me to come home anytime soon."

Then, she cast a spell in her mind and spoke only to Illikane. This was a simple but effective spell. Spectators wouldn't see her open her mouth, but the target of the spell would hear exactly what the caster said, regardless of surrounding sounds.

"I do not know about the human, but I don't trust her. She ran after Shaw, but she actually made it back. A close eye on her would be wise, brother.

Then, she turned to the rest of the group.

"Unfortunetly, I will not be able to come with you. I have other things to do right now, but I hope to see you soon. God speed."

And with that, she cast another spell and vanished from Die Hafen, to a place unknown to the others there.

10. Grossenschwamm

"Interesting that he would have such a convenient access to heaven and hell right here in Die Hafen...and yet, I expected as much from him."
    "R'Nasht, I am quite interested in the items of which you spoke. I believe we'll be stopping at that location before we set foot above, but someone needs to take posession of the staff."
    Drach thought a moment. Illikane? Liz? Himself? Perhaps a vote was in order...though, that may proove a tad superfluous, given the stakes at hand.
    Whomsoever took possession of Friedrich's staff may be put in a position coveted by the others of the group. It may be a crux of betrayal. Be that as it may, it must be decided.

11. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

"R'Nasht, I am quite interested in the items of which you spoke. I believe we'll be stopping at that location before we set foot above, but someone needs to take posession of the staff."

Liz sprang to attention.

"Ehem... I'd think it best if I carried the staff. You are either influenced by heaven or hell. Since I'm the only human, I'm the only true neutral here. I'm the only one fit to wield Friedrich's staff."

12. reQuieM

reQuieM New Member

"Your eagerness for power shines through, human, yet I must agree with you on this one. Any objections?"

"I'll just keep an eye on her..."

13. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

R'Nasht chuckles.

"Don't offer me Friedrich's staff - once I have the heirlooms of my Clan, I will have little use for it. Besides, I doubt I could use it. I am much more of a... physical problem solver than he..."

Oddly enough, a tinge of regret seeps into her voice when speaking of Friedrich.

"So... shall we approach Heaven or Hell first, my friends?"

14. Grossenschwamm

"I think that all depends on what you all want to see first; The River Styx, or The Pearly Gates. Bear in mind, however, there is but one angel and two demons in our party. This means we have a higher chance of meeting our opposites in heaven than Illikane does in hell. Basically, I think we should go to hell first, if only to become better armed. Of course, with me being a demon and all, what I've said may come across as a little biased."
    Drach wasn't completely sure if he had suggested this for his own benefit or the benefit of the whole team, but be that as it may, everyone still had to agree on one location.
    "Then again, we may need to get into heaven simply to prevent Jack Shaw from realizing his ambition...I guess this all depends on how quickly we can get things done."

15. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

"Ah, yes, time waits for noone..."

R'Nasht considers the situation for some moments.

"Biased as I may be, I would prefer to visit Hell and arm myself. Shaw has already proven to be immune to my normal armaments... I want to make sure that I have someone that NOBODY is immune to before I go up against him again."

She suddenly smiles.

"Of course, I really don't care either way."

Our Host!