Destruction V Precision

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TONGSyaBASS, Mar 28, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Which is most satisfying?

1. Bazooka

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sniper

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. mathboy

mathboy New Member

The funniest part of paint-ball is being hurt! We played paintball with school. We were out in the woods at some paintball place and to win you were supposed to get a flag and run it into the enemy base or kill them all. So in the last round I ran out of ammo, I hadn't bought any so I wouldn't have any left afterwards, so I figured I'd take the flag and rush the enemy base. It went pretty well except that being shot at from about two meters away wearing nothing more than a thin coverall, I figured it would be no fun to wear anything underneath it, hurts quite a bit. And it felt a bit weird to walk back to where we left our clothes wearing only under-pants. Some of the bruises stayed for a little more than a month.

And LARPing is retarded!

2. Maximus

Maximus New Member

No, the funniest part of paintball is seeing some other guy get hurt, and watching him jump up and down as he gets lit up.

Of course, sometimes we're all that lucky guy. I was sniping a group of four guys who thought they were snipers. They were noisy and moving around a lot, so I was picking them off one by one, but if was taking forever since they were hiding behind bushes.
    Thats when some idiot sneaks up behind me and tags me point-blank with four or five frozen paintballs! I was half-inclined to crack him upside the head with the back end of my marker, now I wish I would have.
    I had nasty looking brown/black bruises for two weeks!

3. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Yeah...the most memorable session of paintball I had was against one of my good friends. He's really good at paintball, and at the time I thought he was a god. He scared me coming up the piles of rock in the quarry, cause I was the only person he saw. He shot me eight times in the neck, chest, and face. I fell over and said "I'M OUT!" and he just says "Well, you better move or I'll shoot you again!"
    And he did.
    One of my favorite games happened just a few weeks ago. We were playing against some middle schoolers, because they said they could take us. Short story; They couldn't. Middle school kids versus high school seniors and older? Pfft.
    It was my favorite cause I knocked out 4 people in one game.

4. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Me'n'a couple friends all took 10ft long wooden poles, and attached a flat end to it (it was about 1/2in in diameter, the base for such a pole), then put on steel plates as breast plates, strapped garbage can lids to our arms, got on bmx bikes, and jousted! That's what we do instead of paintballing. ^_^

5. Maximus

Maximus New Member

I used to did something like that when I was younger, though not so high tech. We'd get on out skateboards, go as fast as we could straight at each other and try and knock the other guy off his board without getting ourselves knocked off in the process. No rules, except dont fall off. We called it Joust to.
    I ran head on into some guy once, and after we peeled ourselves off the ground, we noticed the front of his board was split in half and the bolts holding his trucks on were broke. His dad was pissed!...

6. DarkFool

It's quite fun... We're thinking of getting some back-padding, and figuring out a way to do it on small dirtbikes without killing ourselves. If we attempt it, I'll try to post some pics.

7. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Now that's a sporting even if I ever saw one. Just try to keep the faces of your "lances" as blunt as possible. Broken bones are easier to take care of than being impaled. :)

8. DarkFool

yea, thus the stand on the end of it: it increases your chances of hitting them, and means you won't be stabbing anyone.

Our Host!