Der Hafen

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Wolfsbane, Nov 27, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

That depends. Some prisoners have been brought in and some have been shipped away. Most prisoners here NOW are Russian soldiers, though. Family in Russia? No? Didn't think so.

"No, I have not got any Russian relatives. Therefore, you are saying that the Nazis are willing to use this beautiful club of Friedrich as a prison for Russian prisoners. How odd. I always have thought that they liked places of fine arts and tastes?” she said with a charming smile.

He leaned in closer.

If you're looking for the... special prisoners, then Berlin isn't the place you should be searching. They're held elsewhere. Except for in some special cases, that is.

Ai. Thanks to heart on her sleeve, and her expressive, passionate culture, she almost told him about what she really was doing here. Luckily, he does not know it yet, but probably thinks that she is trying to save some Jewish relatives.

Do I really fully trust him to tell him about her taken Other uncles by the Nazis? No, not yet.

"What do you mean with Special cases?"

There were more people coming now. A small group of Others, another Malach and an undead fellow came through the front door and sat down all around the club. One of the undead sat next to that man who looked like a drowned dog. This can be quite interesting.

The elderly Chines man was now playing a song with the double-bass, that she did not recognized, but thought that it was okay.

2. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

The soulful melody filling Der Hafen sang to Asazel as he found his seat at the bar. No sooner than he had been sitting the bartender placed a glass of cognac in front of him.
    Welcome back, As. (OOC:pronounced ahz)
    Yeah. You hear the same sounds I hear? (pulls out a cigar, lights it, and dips it in the cognac) It's like seeing everything through a cow's eyes...
    The man playing the music obviously knew his way around a double-bass.
    Asazel admired the slight and elderly gentleman, who appeared to him to be in striking contrast to the two other Malach inhabiting the establishment.
    Of course, if they're here, they can't very well start anything Herr Schnieder would disapprove of; this makes practically anyone met while inside Der Hafen a friendly face. There are exceptions, of course, but they don't last too long.

3. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Chan's eyes are closed until the echoes of the last note die away, the calf is dead. :(

When he opens his eyes, he notices the latest guest, no less than the old god of music himself; not a welcome sight for an amateur! He nods warmly in Azasel's direction with an embarrassed smile, then busies himself re-tuning the double-bass back to the western conventions. He returns to his table and thanks the musicians as they return to the stage.

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    It was always pleasant to see the Lord of Melodies, even in a place such as Der Hafen. Oh, one was safe enough within these walls, but that was mere conjecture. Because you see, what went on at Der Hafen was far from safe. Being the only reasonably neutral ground between the forces celestial and infernal, it had all the trappings of a diplomatic meeting. As explicit violence was forbidden, you committed your murders with your eyes, casting glances and throwing remarks that would, in another time and place, surely result in someone's violent demise.

They were a funny lot, angels. Killing themselves trying to avoid the fate of final death. If the doctrine of predestination was true, the God of the Covenant had wicked sense of irony indeed.

The Chinese man had nothing to be ashamed of, obviously talented in the ways of music, yet shied away as Asazel appeared. A pity, he would have liked to hear more of that double-bass.

Oh well, back to the stage then. The night was becoming interesting.

5. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Ah, you misunderstood me. By saying "here" I meant here in Berlin, not here as in this club. So no, the nazis aren't holding any prisoners here at Der Hafen. To the extent of my knowledge, anyway.

She bit on the subject of special prisoners.

Well, there are several cases. There are special prisoners as in those connected with the so called "final solution", and there are special prisoners as in special people being held for various different reasons. Which category would you be interested in hearing about?

When he'd finished speaking, the calf finally died. Ismael applauded the old man and waited eagerly for whatever the band would play next.

6. Arthgon

Ah, you misunderstood me. By saying "here" I meant here in Berlin, not here as in this club. So no, the nazis aren't holding any prisoners here at Der Hafen. To the extent of my knowledge, anyway.

"Ah, its good to hear that the Nazis is not using this beautiful club for such things. "

Well, there are several cases. There are special prisoners as in those connected with the so called "final solution", and there are special prisoners as in special people being held for various different reasons. Which category would you be interested in hearing about?

"Actually, I am interested in both. What is the final solution, and what do you mean by special prisoners as in special people being held for various different reasons?"

After she spoke to Ismael, a waiter came to her. It was a blond nervous and not that smart looking man. Its was the same man who she spoke before. That was not very pleasant, because this man was very...well..stupid, and did not knew the word discretion.

"Great." she though sarcastic.

"Huh, madam, you ask about those two men? Well, huh, Hans...that's the headwaiter, he saw them in the company of Nazis officers some days ago. Or was it weeks, I cant remember anymore. But I know that one of those officers was Obersturmfuhrer Henrich Kant. There are rumors that he is an Other."

Darn...she really should have asked someone better than this bumbling, discretless stupid man. Now thanks to mister blondie with a brain of a peanut Ismael probaly knows what I am doing here.

"Gee, thanks."

Nevertheless, he told her something very interesting and disturbing; Was it possible that they were taken but are working for the Nazis as well?

Noticing that he did something really discreetless, the blond waiter said "Huh...well...bye."

Then the waiter ran of like the wind to the other end of the club.

[OOC] Something like this? [/OOC]

Edit: Fixed typos, grammar, etc.

7. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Suddenly Chan is standing at their table in the waiter's place, as though the aryan poster-boy had morphed into a chimpanze in a tweed suit. He is smiling and nodding at Ismael and Alexandra, with his hat in his hands.

"Excuse me, mein herr," he clicks his heels and bows in the prussian fashion to Ismael.

"Frauleine," he bows to Alexandra with a serious look. "I apologise for intruding, may I ask you a question?"

"Have you organized accommodation for your stay in Berlin? I ask because the curfew has begun and, well, once you leave Der Haffen this evening you will not have the protection of it's walls." His eyes dart towards Ismael and back, meaningfully. He smiles kindly. "I stay in a boarding house with many foreigners and... others. The landlady is very understanding, I'm sure she could accomodate you. If you walk there with me later tonight, I will gladly introduce you."

He nods and smiles like a cabbage-patch doll, then returns to his usual table walking slowly and carefully.

8. Wolfsbane

The Malach was just about to speak when the waiter told him everything he needed to know. For a brief moment, a very smug look flashed across his face. He drank the last of the wine in his glass while Alexandra finished with the waiter.

Special prisoners, then, I take it? he said when the waiter had left, Well, I could probably help you with that case since I know Herr Kant in person. He's not an easy man to see by any standards, especially not for foreigners. But ME... He wouldn't refuse me.

He paused briefly.

However, if you want MY help, and you'll need me to get to Kant... there s a price. Not very steep, but a cost nevertheless.

Then, he was interrupted by the dead calf. So there was a house filled with Others here in Berlin? Foreign Others? Interesting. He let the man finish and then tapped Alexandra lightly on the hand to regain her attention.

As I said: a cheap price for my invaluable help. Interested?

9. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Was it right to have the people of this world worship us as gods and heros when there is only one true god? I suppose the end justifies the means, and if anything the world is in need of a savior of some sort. Perhaps one greater than myself?
    The elderly Chinese gentleman showed great deliberation in the most casual of activities.
    Mr. Slowly and Carefully over there. What's he called?
    With the tea set? That's Doctor Chan. Very generous.
    Thank you.
    He has a kindness about him, and a sense of magic as well. I don't often come here, but I knew something was different about tonight. I make my way toward the man's table.
    Doctor Chan, I presume? Couldn't help but notice you tonight. Is this a special occasion, or are you always this way?

10. Arthgon

Special prisoners, then, I take it? he said.

"Indeed." Alexandra said while she tried to kill that waiter with her eyes.

Well, I could probably help you with that case since I know Herr Kant in person. He's not an easy man to see by any standards, especially not for foreigners. But ME... He wouldn't refuse me.

"What? You know him? Are you working with him?" she asked with caution.

"He probably comes with something like "and with a price", of course. Because he is a sort of man to say these kind of things."

However, if you want MY help, and you'll need me to get to Kant... there s a price. Not very steep, but a cost nevertheless.

"Ah, that's a shock." she thought sarcastic.

Before she knew it the Chinaman, who played that double-bass was standing at her table.

"I apologise for intruding."

"No, not at all."

"Have you organized accommodation for your stay in Berlin? I ask because the curfew has begun and, well once you leave Der Hafen this evening you will not have the protection of it's walls."

Alexandra noticed the meaningful glance towards Ismael, and knew and agreed what it meant.

"I stay in a boarding house with many foreigners...and others. The landlady is very understanding, I am sure she should accomodate you. If you walk there with me later tonight, I will gladly introduce you.

"Well, I have not got a place to stay. So, yes. I will gladly go to that boarding place and meet that landlady of yours."

Then the Chinaman left to his own table.

As I said: a cheap price for my invaluable help. Interested?

"Perhaps. Perhaps not. It depends on that price of yours."

11. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Chan stands and bows to Asazel, in the Mandarin fashion. He speaks Mandarin, giving the Malach the benefit of the doubt, especially since it's the lord of melodies and Mandarin is such a melodic tongue.

"Greetings, Venerable One," he says. "Always this way?" He glances down at his horrible tweed suit. "Ah, yes. No special occassion, I always wear this suit when I come here; every night when duties permit. Thankyou for noticing." He bows again and guestures to the empty chairs at his table, smiling and bobbing his head like a bird.

"May I offer you some tea?" This is a normal start to a tete-a-tete in Beijing, so it is assumed the guest accepts the offer. The tea is laboriously prepared in silence and the first cup is offerred formally to Asazel. It's a bitter brew, but refreshing and good for the Chi.

"For Tengri," he says in Mongolian, pouring a third cup for the memory of Yahweh, with a slight sideways glance toward Alexandra and Ismael. This should speak volumes to Asazel, by switching to Mongolian instead of Mandarin, he makes a reference to the law of Genghis Kahn: Women and Children are Protected. A raised eyebrow indicates this is a request: Will you protect this one, Angel?

12. Wolfsbane

As I said, Ismael began, it's not a steep price. I don't even ask for money, or for you to undergo some silly quest in order to get something for me. All I ask for, in return for my help... is a favor. A favor which you will do for me when I decide to collect it. It's very easy and very fair. I help you, then you help me. How does that sound?

By pure chance, he managed to meet Asazels gaze when the angel for some reason decided to look his way. He nodded to him and gave him at the same time a warm, friendly smile.

Now, that glass of yours looks empty. May I offer you another?

13. Arthgon

As I said, it's not a steep price. I don't even ask for money, or for you to undergo some silly quest in order to get something for me. All I ask for, in return for my help... is a favor. A favor which you will do for me when I decide to collect it. It's very easy and very fair. I help you, then you help me. How does that sound? Ismael said.

"Deal. I think we can work it out somehow, don't you?" she said with a charming smile.

If the favor is not favorable for me, or going to be something that does not feel good. Then I shall make use of a loophole. Because I am girl who does not like to be mess with. But for now. Let's see where this going to.

Now, that glass of yours looks empty. May I offer you another?

"Yes, I would like to have another one, thanks."

Edit: Fixed grammar, etc.

14. Wolfsbane

Excellent.

He waved for a waiter, who came as quickly as always.

"Yes, sir?"

Another glass of juice for the lady, please. And would you be so kind as to fetch the manager, Herr Schneider? We have a deal to seal, you see.

"Of course, sir. I'll be back shortly."

Thank you. Now, he said and turned to Alexandra, We will seal the deal. We can't just "promise" each other that we will complete our part of the deal, as both of us could just ignore the promise and leave if we wanted to. No, that would be too... mundane. We will seal our deal by magic, so that we are bound to do as we've said. This is agreeable, yes?

15. Arthgon

Excellent. Ismael said while he was waving for a waiter.

He did not have long to wait, because one of the waiters came very quickly to the table to take his orders.

Another glass of juice for the lady, please. And would you be so kind as to fetch the manager, Herr Schneider? We have a deal to seal, you see.

"Of course, sir. I'll be back shortly." and ran off to do what he was told.

Thank you. Now, we will seal the deal. We can't just "promise" each other that we will complete our part of the deal, as both of us could just ignore the promise and leave if we wanted to. No, that would be too... mundane. We will seal our deal by magic, so that we are bound to do as we've said. This is agreeable, yes? Ismael said as he turned his attention to Alexandra again.

"Yes. That's agreeable."

16. Wolfsbane

The waiter wasn't gone for long. The juice was served, and only moments later Friedrich Schneider appeared at their table. For all his fame and mystery, he didn't look like anyone particular. He was an everyday-looking person, and that was perhaps one of his greatests strengths. You ALWAYS underestimated him, always.

Ismael. You requested my presence?

I did indeed. The madam and I are about to make a deal, and we would like you to seal it for us.

I see. What are the terms?

A favor for another. I help her, then she helps me.

And what kind of seal would you like?

The one that binds us to our part of the deal.

Fair. One last question, then.

Friedrich turned to Alexandra.

Are you sure this is what you want?

17. Arthgon

Some minutes later the waiter returned with another glass of orange juice. The waiter served the juice and went away when a man with an expensive looking walking stick appeared at their table."Friedrich Schneider?" While she expecting him to be a man of middle-age, Alex was surprised that this was not the case. This tall man with a slight built was probably in the late twenties. His dark brown hair was set in a back-slick, but it seems that he did not had any facial hair. He was wearing a fine black coat, red shirt and a pair of black pants.

Ismael. You requested my presence?

I did indeed. The madam and I are about to make a deal, and we would like you to seal it for us.

I see. What are the terms?

A favor for another. I help her, then she helps me.

And what kind of seal would you like?

The one that binds us to our part of the deal.

Fair. One last question, then. Friedrich said while he turned to Alexandra.

Are you sure this is what you want?

"Yes."

18. Wolfsbane

Friedrich was silent for a moment, giving Alexandra a searching look. Then, he took Ismaels and Alexandras hands into his own and started muttering in some language that probably only he and Jahwe understood. After a few seconds, he let go.

You are now bound by this seal to uphold your part of the bargain. The consequenses will be dire should you choose not to do so. Now, was there anything else?

Nothing that I can think of, no, Ismael said, smiling. And don't bother asking the girl for payment, I will cover the cost myself.

So be it. Good evening to you both.

The owner of Der Hafen walked away from the table, but stopped after only a few steps. He turned to look at Alexandra for only a brief moment before resuming his course. Ismael clapped his hands together.

Well! With that taken care of, we can move straight on to business! When and where would you like to meet herr Kant?

19. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Well, that's that then! Chan thought, exchanging an half-exasperated glance with Azasel as the magickal geas was sealed at the next table. A deal with the devil at least prevents that devil from destroying you idly.

It's actually a relief for Chan, since now Ismael will - for the time being - keep Alexandra safe from harm; at least until he's ready to collect.

Such a promising young woman, strong in Chi, Jing and Shu, but if left under the influence of one like Ismael, she could become a poison dragon.

Hmmm, I'd better keep an eye on her, for all our sakes.

20. Arthgon

Well! With that taken care of, we can move straight on to business! When and where would you like to meet herr Kant?

"Actually I want to meet him tomorrow or the day after right here in ‘Der Hafen’ 'at peak hours. Because I want to make sure that Kant does not try something against us.”

The other reason is that I got the feeling that the Chinaman or his table partner are keeping an eye on things, if something went wrong. I think they probably will be around to keep me out of trouble.

Alex took a sip from her juice, and continued.

“Now, could you tell me more about this Herr Kant? What is his personality? What are his strengths and weaknesses? Are you working with him, or is he acting alone? Does he work for someone? Is he working on something here in Berlin? In addition, have you seen these two men...my two uncles before in the company of Herr Kant? “

Alexandra opened her backpack, and showed the two pictures of them.

Our Host!