Dark Elf

Discussion in 'CyberNations Archive' started by Vorak, Dec 21, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Since you don't go to the alliance forum anymore, I'll post this here. I'm thinking that its about time the HoL actually put together a government of active members; So do you still want in or is RL to hectic at the moment for you to spare the time?

2. Vorak

DE, I know you've logged in since I posted this.

3. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Heh, sorry, I totally missed this thread somehow. :D

Actually... that would depend on what government position I received. Mind you, I probably wouldn't do inter-alliance negotiations and such things well, and I'm frankly quite oblivious as to the political aspects of this game. Then again, my view of an alliance is really that of a conglomerate of trade partners and military supporters, and that's pretty much it.

Speaking of which, any wars I should know of? Nukes are for firing, after all.

4. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Well, Xz launched some, but that was after he went rogue, and we are paying for the reps.

5. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Oh really? I suppose this means that I have to help with the paying-up eh? How much do I owe ya?

6. Vorak

Well its all been nicely laid out by Philes on the alliance forum...

7. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Speaking of not going to the alliance forum, since it's been about 30 days since I had internet, I'm pretty sure I don't have a nation anymore. After almost 460 days of raising a nation and slowly realizing that the only way to get on top in the game is for someone above you to stop playing, and being pissed that I spent 120 dollars to bolster its growth, I'm done with CN.
    In retrospect, I probably could've just used a friend's computer to get things done, but I don't think I cared enough.

8. mathboy

mathboy New Member

I think I know the feeling, and I think you'll be happy that you got out of the game. I'll probably quit sooner or later, too, because the game really isn't fun after you reach a certain level (that is unless you make it fun through alliance politics and the like - still there has to be better games to do this in).

I used to play an browser based game called nukezone that I think was way better than cybernations. It was (it still exists, I think, but I don't know what it's like now, I stopped playing back in -04) actually about fighting wars, had a working alliance system, and was round based, so everybody had a chance to get big. But after almost 2 years of playing, summer came and I went away on holiday. When I came back, I had forgotten about it, and a while later, my account was deleted. Every now and then, I feel sad about it, but mostly, I think I'm happy I left it, it gave me more time if nothing else.

Too bad about the money, though.

9. Vorak

CN really is about the community if you don't like the politics side then it gets boring.

And its probably a good thing you aren't coming Gross, since I kind of fired you and gave your job to Philes.

10. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Our Host!