Crazy Christian Links!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jarinor, Nov 19, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Ummm... Wasn't the new testament written, like, 2000 years ago as well?

Then can we have some new rules that address our way of life today? Things have changed a bit since the Roman Empire was last around.

Well, I'm waiting for the second coming (he's coming soon, apparently). Then I'll see if Jesus has changed the rules again.

2. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Retard, I could quite easily have faith in the Bible, God, Jesus and all that. It's just that I'd be doing it for the wrong reasons, that being not going to Heaven after I die. I'd know it, and God/Jesus/whoever else up there would sure as hell know it, and I'd be just as fucked anyway. Just a guess, but faith probably shouldn't be through fear, but rather belief and maybe even love (although I find it hard to apply the concept of love to that sort of situation, it's mentioned a lot so hey).

I'm not totally convinced there is an afterlife or there being a God. I want to choose the right path of faith and belief - I hate feeling foolish, and I'd feel foolish if I discovered after death I'd believed in the wrong religion all along.

My friend is an atheist, and he came to this conclusion after sitting down for a couple of hours, thinking about the Universe and came to the conclusion that we're all so insignificant etc etc etc, therefore there is no God, Heaven and Hell, or something like that. No afterlife either.

I'm sure time and Real Life Experiences will take care of my dilemna one way or another though.

3. nutcase

nutcase New Member

Right...

Just a simple question though: Well, according to the Bible, Jesus came to Earth and eventually died for our sins, or something like that. BUT... Jesus is himself already holy and undying, and he would be ressurrected by Yahweh(sp?)... so how can we say that Jesus died for our sins? He did not sacrificed himself, he knew that he would still be the same after his 'death', except for the fact there would be a religion based on his teachings. a reminder: this is a question, thus if u cannot answer it properly, do not try to flame me.

Er...no, I am not the anti christ...I believe and have faith in God, but I definitely do not believe in the bible(but I do agree with some of the facts in it)

4. xento

xento New Member

I meant make up your mind to do the right things so you can go to heaven.

5. chalcedony

chalcedony New Member

Talk about embarassment. The Old Testament was 4K years, not 2. Or something like that. Heh.

Um... What old-fashioned rules did Jesus lay down? "Do unto others as you would have them do to you", "Love the Lord with all your heart/soul/mind" is as universal as it gets.

Ooh.. cynical. Let's have your God come down to live as human for 33 years and get trussed up on a tree dying a painful death for stuff he didn't do; and tell him "Hey man, that was easy."

:-o Okay, okay serious. See, death is supposed to be a punishment for sins. We believe Jesus didn't sin but died anyway for ours. He didn't have to but he did. It's a fallacy to think that he simply came down for a short holiday knowing that whatever happened he was gonna be all right. Bible says he became man, i.e. no Godly powers; just like the rest of us. 33 years living amongst man. And eventually dying on the basis of ridiculous accusations. By dying a sinless death he showed he had power over death itself, rose again, and thus has the right to ask us to believe that he died for our sins.

[/off preachin mode]

Nope. Christianity is solely on the belief that God died for man and rose again. His teachings are important, but not the centre.

Yeah, the 'ol pick-and-choose huh?

6. xento

xento New Member

Nicely said, chalacedony!

Actually, it wasn't made specifically 4k years ago. It wasn't just made in one big clump, it was written by different people as it happened, except for Revelation which was based on a dream.

AND, yes it was made by man, but it was made by man filled with the Holy Spirit and God gave them the words to write.

True... true.... Some say Jesus DID have powers, well, he didn't, he just had faith which allowed him to utalize God's powers.
    It says in the Bible "If you can say to a moutain 'Go, throw yourself into the sea' and have faith, it will be done". Now, Jesus had that kind of faith. Enough that he could say to a tree "never bear fruit again" and it wilts the next day, but don't go trying to tell the moon to drop on someone, because man doesn't have enough faith for something that big, and that is partly God's desicion whether he allows that to happen.

7. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Hey! That's just like Jack Chick! I should go and read more of his everyone's-a-communist-and-is-out-to-get-us comics.

Are you saying no-one has that kind of faith? So we're all doomed to hell? I mean, if you believe in God and have that kind of faith, go make a tree wilt. Then sure, go ahead and blame God when it doesn't happen.

8. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

"But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart." Matt. 5:28,
    Well here he says that you should not look lustfully at a woman. And don't say it does not because practically it does. That one has to be removed either that or we will have to put all the ladies in a burka, we could ofcourse fire a anti-tempteation-cruisemissile at them.

Myself i think evryone should hav a bible since it could be used for many purposes
    A friend of mine used it when he ran out of ciggaret paper, My grandfather used it when he ran out of toliet paper. I used it when i needed somthing to hit my sister with. And preachers has been using it to hit people until they started beliving for several hundred years.

Hmm are you certain they were not filled to the edge with certain dangerous mushrooms?

9. nutcase

nutcase New Member

---chalcedony

I never said it was easy,merely that he is divine and so he can't die. If jesus actually vanished and is no more, then it can be said God sacrificed his only son to save us. But jesus is still....alive (as the king of heaven of some sort, Yahweh being the emporer).

---chalcedony

Maybe so...but he was born with extremely high faith, so naturally he didn't need godly powers, god himself would help him.

---chalcedony

i stand.....corrected. k thanks for the info.

---nbrosz

True, perhaps they were written by people filled with the Holy Spirit and God gave them the words to write. however, have you ever read the Original Texts? the Real Actual Original Bible? There will surely be a lot differences between that and these <spitefully>international bibles that most of you read(note that i said most of you, maybe one or two of you read the real thing so....)

No...perhaps god refuses to listen to your idiotic requests, why would he wilt a tree when it is of good use? He may be loving towards us, but he is not going to be a puppy dog and listen to a lunatic. He is god not thy genie. Oh yeah, as long as you have strong enough faith, and you actually worship god and not go to church on sunday just to alleviate your fears, you will most likely go to heaven. Not neccessarily you must be of super godly high extreme faith.

10. chalcedony

chalcedony New Member

See, he was human. It wasn't the divinity that caused him to rise again,because he wasn't divine (as in immortal) on earth. If he were divine he wouldn't have died in the first place. Christians believe that what caused him to rise again was the fact that he died sinless.

Um. *considers trying to explain the Trinity but realises it'll probably be hairy* - nevermind.

Um.. you're assuming faith is a gift? I always thought of it as something that comes from inside us.

It's very irritating that everyone demands for the "Real Original Bibleâ„¢" as if the English versions we have today were translated by evil people intent on corrupting the world. Is it not unrealistic to expect a translation of 66 books spanning thousands of years without any kind of differences? There are no hidden tidbits or secrets to eternal youth in the "original". Get a KJV and read the annotations at the bottom where they compare the differences if you're so worried.

Frankly these days I find I spend more time defending my faith than practising it...that has got to change.

11. Gwindor

Gwindor New Member

I have some things to say. IF Jesus wouldn't rise, as he was a human while on earth, and a REAL human, then his spirit would still go into waiting into the final judgement, eh? So what is the real BAD thing with dying? Yeah, usually the pain, and if you get to say goodbye on earth, nothing bad if it's a natural death.

And anyway, do you know that they found Old Testament parchements in Qumran that was IDENTICAL with our texts? And they are like 2500 years old...

I can't explain trinity to atheists, but IS Jesus, and the Holy spirit... And in the Old Testament they say "Let us create..." in the Exodus... They are three, and one... Jesus WAS god, he is called his son maybe becuase people 2000 years ago couldn't understand trinity either... And anyway, Jesus BECAME human, just that he still had the mind of god, and suffered being crucified without any guilt...

12. nutcase

nutcase New Member

---chalcedony

Don't be silly, being divine does not mean you cannot die physically. Spritually die,no;mortally die,yes.

---chalcedony

er...faith does come from inside us, but it is a gift.

---chalcedony

Whats wrong with demanding for the original bible? what are you hiding? Why are you so irritated? Maybe its not translated by evil beings, but its a possibility. Who are you to say these international versions are alright to read? because 'they' say its okay to read? just to remain you, even a small change to the ecosystem of a randomly chosen place can destroy the balance.

13. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

chalcedony, I hear the King James version translation is actually pretty poor, and the New Internation Version is much better.

Anyways, I really don't know why we're discussing this - none of us are priests, theologians or anything like that. Hence, we're amateurs, and we really have no fucking clue what we're talking about. No one here is privy to the secrets of the universe, and we're all acting like we know more than we do.

Besides, I came across another link to a crazy Christian site. Actually, it's a link to an article about someone who honestly believed the world was flat. I write in the past tense because he's dead. His also dead wife, Marjory, was from Australia, and quite frankly, she's the stupidest bitch I've ever heard of. It's insulting to the rest of us Aussies that she existed.

All sensible intelligent people believe the world is flat indeed...

http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/fe-scidi.htm

14. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

I hate to say this but abortion is not alway the answer to very ploblem. Too many people are useing if as than form of birth control after they engauge in sex without thinking about getting pregant. Any operation on your body can kill you. I came very close to dieing on the operateion table after my last operation.One side effect of than abortion is the inability of haveing future baby, than other side effect is than increase change of get breast cancer.
    I hear that something like 1.5 to 2 million unborn baby are killed each year in America. Abortion could only be done when the mother life is than danger or in case of rape or insert.

15. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

It isnot only fund christian who are against unlimit abortion but many other religion consider it murber also. Many religion consider life start as soon as the woman is pregean .

16. nutcase

nutcase New Member

Come to think of it, they are right, after all, the girl did consented to sex and so must suffer the consequences!!!... unless they were raped, then its different. In which case the rapist must suffer....

17. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

Childbirth can kill you too, you know.

Note: I'm going to guess that "insert" means "incest" here.

You can't have it both ways. Either you believe abortions are murder, or you don't.

18. nutcase

nutcase New Member

thing is...at least when you die in giving birth you give life, whereelse if you aborted and died, you are commiting suicide and murder

19. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

I said this as to many people think this than total safe operation. There is no just thing as than totally safe operation thing can go wrong. I have than
    badly damage liver from than illness I once have in my 20's each time they do than operation there is than 30% change that my liver might give
    out. In this operation they have to do as I have than life threating condion my liver was not work. The head sungeon talk to than older doctor who was than interal medince special who told him that may-be mysantion my
    liver with ultasonic sound from than ultrasomic testing epuipment might get
    my liver back working against. By mysantion what than person does to you when you have your back musles hurting you in pain. I did mean incest. There are woman who cannot have baby on their own who would be happy to raise your baby instead of killing it.

20. Gwindor

Gwindor New Member

No, but my father is a priest, and I can get what I and chalcedony said confirmed by him anyway...

And what I have SAID, I know... There's alot about christian beliefs I yet don not know, but these things I've said, I'm 100% sure about...

Our Host!