Crazy and Original character ideas.

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by The Chosen One, Apr 13, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Someone I can agree with. It doesn't take much in the way of effort to actually write properly. Who cares how you type? Or if you make the odd typing error or two. If you're here to communicate then you should at least make an effort to communicate. Otherwise it's like joining the debating club and grunting your way through every meeting! :-o

2. Persephone

Persephone New Member

I hate the short hand too. Damnit I learned to type, so should all those little punks out there. In the long run they'd be glad they did. And simple math will tell you the fastest 2-finger typist will never be as fast as the fastest home row typist.

As to the original topic, does anyone else feel frustrated when playing CRPGs as a "themed" character? The couple of times I tried to create a character and stick with a theme, I just got pissed off that I couldn't really implement it in a Role-Playing fashion, and ended up hacking and slashing like usual. Maybe I'm just too impatient, but it upsets me when I've come up with this great concept for a character, and then I can't find any dialogues, or situations that really allow him or her to be evident.

&*sigh*& I guess I shouldn't have moved 150 miles away from civilization and all my real-life gaming buddies.

3. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

As your CH & IN increase, the dialog options expand. They still don't allow for all the all the role playing variations I want. That's where the imagination part comes in.

Sympathy. I moved 240 mi. from Seattle & commute for employment & gaming. Uh... not on a daily basis.

Our Host!