Character builds that are UNIQUE and FUN TO PLAY

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by I Know All About Arcanum, Oct 4, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Who posted the most unique and fun to play build?

1. I Know All About Arcanum

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Dark Elf

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Magikarp

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. MiniSkirt and Legs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Bane of Kree

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other (specify in thread)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. None of the Above

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Muro

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Viktor_Berg

Viktor_Berg New Member

Bangellian Scourge is probably the primary weapon you want to get ASAP. It is considered "Cursed", but as far as I know, it has no real drawbacks - or does it?

2. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Bangellian Scourge's only penalty is -20 to reaction (or similar). Well worth it.

Nature's Wrath helm is also "cursed" but I consider it the best helm in the game. It doesn't even give you a -1 to perception.

3. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

While worn:
    • -20 reaction
      -75 alignment
    Permanent:
    • -20 alignment for each hit you make with the Scourge
    Not true.

And why is that?

4. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Ah, Muro, whenever I see you've replied to my post, I know I've been corrected. In my version of Arcanum, there is no PE penalty with nature's wrath. Also, it gives you 20% damage resistance. Finally it's my favourite because of the cool pentacle animation with the sound of a gong when you put it on. I didn't know about the permanent allignment cost from using the B-scourge, cool. I figured that if you're going to use it in the first place, then evil allignment doesn't count as a drawback.

5. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

What version is that?

With its 20% DR, it can give you at best 20 DR, which happens only when you already have 75 DR from other gear. Arcane Helmet, on the other hand, gives you 20 DR regardless of other hear and increases AC by 20, while the Nature's Wrath Helm's AC is but 15.

Nature's Wrath Helm is bested by the Arcane Helmet when it comes to protection, then.

Can't argue with that, I love that aspect as well.

The permanency can very well be used as a roleplay factor.

Imagine a +100 alignment character going into the Bangellian Deeps in order to destroy the Scourge. During the final fight he finds himself outnumbered by the Cursed Paladin and his Slaves, so he figures that he has only two choices - die there and fail the mission, or haste for the chest, grab the powerful Scourge, defeat his opponents with it and quickly destroy the evil weapon. He decides to do the latter, underestimating the weapon and thinking, that he's stronger than it.

He believes that a pure soul could not be corrupted by the Scourge's temptation. And he is wrong.

After successfully covering the cavern's ground with the bodies of his enemies, he may or may not still have the willpower to rid Arcanum of the Scourge. One thing is sure, though - he no longer is the same person that entered the Deeps. His plans, his priorities, his goals, everything seems so, so... Different.

Arcanum, too, will be different from now on.

6. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Well, in spirit of the lore, I could diminish the advantage by turning on my followers.

7. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

I currently have a character who's ignored the main quest and gone exploring with the sole purpose of collecting every hexed item in the game. I could browse through them and suggest some neat ones, if you like.

He's also collecting cursed people. Victor and the werewolf Cynthia for starters. I just wish I could capture Victor in his demon form, but the slippery bugger teleports away after a few seconds no matter what I do.

8. DaneKoponen

DaneKoponen Member

This thread is awesome. A lot of fun ideas here to try out.

My current unique character is sadly not anything exciting in RP terms, but something that I figure hardly anyone has tried- a trapper. Yup. He lays traps.

And that's all :)

9. ZippoLag

ZippoLag New Member

Am I the only one who's tried to make a Vampire? I had to make some comprimises of course, like the "sucking blood factor", wich I simplified into this: "Harm spell = sucking blood; One can only heal oneself with Minor Heal equal times as one has sucked blood", and like with any vampire story, one must avoid being seen killing innocent people for sucking their blood -of course that given the fact that eventually you can ran out of people to suck, using Harm on any enemy equals sucking blood-. Since I was going to always be playing in the dark I first thought of making a Night Mage, but it just didn't felt right, so I just went with Pact with the Devil and forced myself to avoid sunlight, this made shopping mostly impossible -unless of course one were to sleep inside the sotre until daytime, shop, and then keep on waiting until night again, all for the sake of RP-. Now that I think about it, perhaps a Vampire mod would be quite easy wouldn't it?

PS: I herebi make the solem vow of not ever in my life forgetting the concept of a chicken army, it shall remain in my thoughts as long as I'm alive.
    Getting Alzheimer's or any form of amnesia may make this vow null.

Our Host!