Can scars be healed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wacky_Elf, May 15, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calis

Calis Member

2. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

Thanks Calis .I used the Force TM :smile:
    edit made it a little smaller/edit
    edit2 made it even smaller changed color/edit2
    [​IMG]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chrisbeddoes on 2001-05-31 09:42 ]</font>

3. Calis

Calis Member

4. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

Thanks skorpios for that explination of how it works, I also did notice this with the haggle apprentiship, you could see the percentage of the discount you were getting or something like that

(Also let me say that having 3 in haggle ROCKS)

5. Blunder

Blunder New Member

Here's a little snippet from the manual that also explains that stuff and backs up what Skorpios was talking about, especially for what lvls you can gain apprentice, expert and master at. This starts on page 20:

A Few Words on the Positive Effects of Training

Training is the best means of improving one’s performance in any Skill, and training is a separate matter from one’s rank; all Skills begin as Untrained and remain Untrained no matter how high the Skill’s rank becomes. When a Skill is Untrained, nothing appears in the Skill Window next to the Skill’s Name. The Character must seek and pay for training in order to learn the subtle tricks of the trade, and acquire the training bonuses that are unique to each Skill.

There are three levels of training in every Skill, these being that of the Apprentice, the Expert and the Master. Beginning at rank 1, a Character may seek out a trainer and pay a small sum for a few valuable hints on improving his or her Skill. After this transaction, the completely Untrained Character goes from being Untrained to an Apprentice, and gains a small bonus for use of the Skill. For example, an Apprentice Bowman can shoot arrows at a higher rate of speed than an Untrained Bowman.

Upon achieving a rank of 3, the Character must find an Expert trainer to further hone his Skill. The ranking of 3 alone is not sufficient to earn the training an Expert can give, however; a goodly sum of money will also be required. Upon completing this transaction, however, the Character gains another bonus for the use of his Skill, while retaining the tricks he learned as an Apprentice. To continue with our previous example, an Expert Bowman can fire two arrows at once, in addition to the higher rate of fire he gained as an Apprentice Bowman.

Finally, at the rank of 5, a Character may seek out a Master of his Skill. A true Master of any Skill is a mercurial creature, reluctant to place his or her knowledge in the hands of a Character who may use it for foolish or selfish ends. The Master will require a Character to prove his worth, often demanding quest items which are difficult to obtain or even Expert status in other related Skills, in addition to the usual large sum of money. Masters are very rare and seldom make themselves readily available to the public-at-large, often sequestering themselves in out-of-the-way places to avoid the burdens of their fame. The bonus for a Master level of Skill is once again cumulative to bonuses enjoyed by an Expert and an Apprentice. A Master Bowman can shoot arrows at any target without range penalties, and he also can fire two arrows at once as all Experts can, at the same high rate of speed that he learned as an Apprentice.

Common sense dictates that such training is necessarily sequential. A person Untrained in the use of the Bow cannot become an Expert until he has first trained as an Apprentice. However, although training is restricted by rank, the reverse is not true. One can possess a rank of 5 and still be Untrained.

The specific effects of training one’s Skill are as follows:

Bow Apprentice – the Speed of the Character with a bow is increased by 5
    Bow Expert – the Character may fire two arrows at once
    Bow Master – the Character’s chance of success is unaffected by range penalties

Dodge Apprentice – on a critical success, there is a 10% chance the opponent will critically fail
    Dodge Expert – on a critical success, there is a 50% chance the opponent will critically fail
    Dodge Master – on a critical success, the opponent will always critically fail (overrides the benefits of Melee Mastery)

Melee Apprentice – the Speed of the Character with a melee weapon is increased by 5
    Melee Expert – the Character is unaffected by lighting penalties
    Melee Master – the Character cannot critically fail with a melee weapon

Throwing Apprentice – the Speed of the Character’s throw is increased by 5
    Throwing Expert – the Throwing Range of the Character is 50% farther
    Throwing Master – the Character’s chance of success is unaffected by range penalties

Backstab Apprentice – a successful rear attack upon an unaware opponent will bypass his armor
    Backstab Expert – the Character may backstab with swords and axes as well as daggers
    Backstab Master – the Character gains an enormous increase to his chance of scoring a critical success

Pick pocket Apprentice – the Character is ONLY caught on a critical failure
    Pick pocket Expert – the item size penalty is halved
    Pick pocket Master – the Character cannot be caught when planting an item

Prowling Apprentice - the Character’s chance of success is unaffected by lighting, and armor penalties are halved
    Prowling Expert - the Character’s chance of success is unaffected by surrounding objects, and he can walk while Prowling
    Prowling Master - – the Character can conceal himself during combat and cause his opponent to lose track of him, and he may also run while Prowling

Spot trap Apprentice – the Character’s chance of success is unaffected by lighting
    Spot trap Expert – the Character is able to sense magical traps as well as mechanical ones
    Spot trap Master – if the Character fails (but does not critically fail), he gets a second chance to spot the trap.

Gambling Apprentice – a “mark� will gamble for more expensive items
    Gambling Expert – a “mark� will gamble away wielded items
    Gambling Master – a “mark� will gamble away things that he or she would not normally sell

Haggle Apprentice – the merchant’s mark-up is reported to the character
    Haggle Expert – merchants will buy anything, even things they normally would not
    Haggle Master – merchants will sell items marked “Not for Sale�.

Heal Apprentice – a Character may heal an extra 50%
    Heal Expert – critical failures are merely failures (and thus do not use extra bandages)
    Heal Master – all successes are critical successes (and will Heal side effects of a crippling injury)

Persuasion Apprentice – followers will wait for one’s Character longer than normal
    Persuasion Expert – gain a bonus of 2 extra followers in addition to Charisma Bonus
    Persuasion Master – anyone will join with the Character, regardless of reaction to one’s alignment

Repair Apprentice – reduction of max HP’s is only 5%
    Repair Expert – reduction of max HP’s is only 1%
    Repair Master – there is no reduction of max HP’s except on a critical failure. A Repair Master can fix broken items (items reduced to 0 hit points) but always at a cost of 5% of max HP’s.

Firearms Apprentice – the Speed of the Character with a gun is increased by 5
    Firearms Expert – called shots are made with 2/3 the penalty
    Firearms Master - the Character’s chance of success is unaffected by range penalties

Pick lock Apprentice – pick lock action takes half as much time
    Pick lock Expert – the Character is unaffected by light penalties
    Pick lock Master – the penalty based on the lock’s difficulty is halved

Disarm traps Apprentice – the Character is unaffected by light penalties
    Disarm traps Expert – if the Character critically succeeds at disarming, he gets an item that is part of the trap (such as arrows or dynamite)
    Disarm traps Master - if the Character fails (but does not critically fail) at disarming a trap, he gets a second chance

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blunder on 2001-05-31 11:08 ]</font>

6. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

7. Spook

Spook New Member

Blunder, you have to much time on your hands if you actualy typed that down instead of copying it from the manual (that most people got by now). :razz:

And like most people, even I don´t read it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spook on 2001-06-01 14:18 ]</font>

8. Blunder

Blunder New Member

No spook, I did a cut & paste. I may do some dumb things, but very seldom do I do stupid things. To retype all that, I would consider all that a stupid thing. :smile:

9. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

10. Spook

Spook New Member

Sorry I used the word copy instead of cut & paste, but in the swedish windows the translation is the same word as for copy.
    Oh well, I guess i should have remebered it from work, but nobody is perfect. :razz:

11. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

12. Amos Trask

Amos Trask New Member

Everyone knows one of the worlds richest men don't have time to make quality products that cost $120 for people like "Us"!

[edit by Calis]: I deleted all dem "LA!" posts. Please don't do that again. Next time you do it it's the spammer pic - -99999 post count, after that I'm banning. [/edit]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Calis on 2001-06-03 09:43 ]</font>

13. Spook

Spook New Member

Dejavu!
    "Spook starts checking escape ways"
    I think they are on to us. :wink:

14. Spook

Spook New Member

Hey! Cali you made it imposible to understand my joke. :sad:

15. Milady

Milady New Member

Beezy, I apologize I am sure that your experience made you wish that you were unconscious also...

Are kidney stones reccurring?

-M

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Milady on 2001-06-12 23:50 ]</font>

16. Azira

Azira New Member

You can get kidney stones more than once. I don't have any of my books with me right now, so I can't tell you for sure, but I know that kidney stones hurt. They hurt real bad! And there's nothing you can do to lessen the pain, unless you give people morphine injections. They usually scamper around all over the place. Sitting up, lying down, walking, stopping, stretching, curling up. Trying everything. But they can't lessen the pain by themselves.
    Nasty. Luckily it isn't nearly as dangerous as it feels, and most people pass their kidney stones the natural way. "Plink!", they go. :smile:

Oops. Rant-mode got stuck on for a moment there. Sorry. :wink:

17. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

Greater healing(White Necromancy lvl 3) can heal scars too!

18. Amos Trask

Amos Trask New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!