boulders quest in ashbury

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Mooddawg, Dec 23, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Mooddawg

Mooddawg New Member

how do i get Gar to put the boulders into the farm cart? for that matter how do i transfer any items from NPC's in my party to a chest or something so that they dont have to carry it? i know that usually i can take their stuff and then put it in the chest but in the case of the boulders it is too heavy for my PC to carry it so i can't transfer it to me first. if this question makes sense i could use the help. thanks

2. Odi

Odi New Member

I'm not sure that you can have one of your followers tote a boulder and place it where you want...Unlike the Halcion Alter quest where through dialogue you give the stone to the NPC priest.

One time Magnus picked up one of the Ashbury boulders on his own, even though I had not accepted the quest to clear the Gnome's fields. While in combat with the Kree I noticed Magnus was not his usual perky self. Upon examining his inventory I found the boulder in his backpack. At the time I had not accepted the boulder quest because I was adding skill points elsewhere. Ended up having to give Magnus a few jolts of fatigue restorer on our way back to Ashbury.

I stripped off everything while standing next to the cart, took the stone from Magnus, and deposited the stone before fatigue colapse. I also watched my followers next time while traveling through the fields on my way to the Gypsy for item identification to make certain they didn't pick up another friggin rock.

Followers are packrats (NPC's too). Anything nearby is liable to end up in their backpack. If even by stripping down to your perma underwear the stone is still too heavy, a strength potion or spell is the only other way I can think of to take the rock from Gar and dump it.

3. Woundead

Woundead New Member

Drinking wine will also make you strong I think.

4. carlstar

carlstar New Member

yes wine will make you strong and just like real life, if you wait an hour the effects will leave you. after 5 bottles of wine i wouldnt even remember the night before and would throw up at least once and have the worst headache... na brain damage it would be.
    if you empty out your followers inventry then they may pick them up but you must empty it into the wagon.

Our Host!